Transfer Thread - Summer 2008 >> UPDATED

Bobo

Re: Transfer Thread - Summer 2008 >> UPDATED

Have you noticed this is a transfer thread? It's not a general news section for Champions League news and managerial appointments. You hate others spamming....

If you also read my post, i also included a transfers, then i said in other news :)

The Aaron RAMSEY twist

Cardiff have now accepted bids from United, Arsenal and Everton, meaning all these clubs can talk to the player.

There are also bids on the table from Liverpool and Spurs which are also likely to be accepted, so it will go down to the player.

He is odds on to still go to United, although Spurs have close link with Cardiff, where they signed Cris Gunter so they are 2nd favorites.

Probably not that big of a deal to many of you but Guillaume Beuzelin completed a move from Hibernians to Coventry City recently on a free transfer.

Still no news on Kasper Schmeichel, Freddy Eastwood or Richard Duffy though, even though Chris Coleman has stated intent on signing Kasper and Freddy. :confused:

Steau Bucharesti may be joining CSKA Sofia out the champions league after being confronted about Match Fixing i dont want to see Milan back in the Champions League as they really dont deserve it i'd sooner see Everton put in it than AC Milan

Steau Bucharesti may be joining CSKA Sofia out the champions league after being confronted about Match Fixing i dont want to see Milan back in the Champions League as they really dont deserve it i'd sooner see Everton put in it than AC Milan

this is offtopic but, who will replace CSKA Sofia is the team that finished in 2nd in Bulgarian league.. is in UEFA rules.. that the team is replace by the team that finishes behind..

Dani Alves suits Barcelona' date='guys If Dos Santos was really that good why would Barca sell??[/quote']

It wasn't Barcelona's choice to sell, it was Giovani's choice to go. Think about it, he's never likely to get more than a squad rotation role at Barca for the next few years, whereas he can use Spurs as a stepping stone - play in the first team, impress, and in a couple of years move on to a bigger team.

That's how I see it anyway.

Was watching Sky Sports News on tv and it said that Aaron Ramsey has picked Arsenal over Man.U and Everton. Also a really confusing bit about him going Arsenal to be loaned back to Cardiff which made no sence. Could anyone clear this up for me please?

Thanks in advance.

:-)

Nathan Burns = Adelaide United > Brann

Why on earth the already nationally capped 20 year old' date=' future star of australia would move to norway after trialling with clubs across england even 1 of the big four is anyones guess. I think its a poor move. But oh well see what happens to him over there.[/quote']

This was false report on a respected website he has actually moved to AEK Athens:D which for mind is better move for his developement.

Wow, many strong players are moving to Germany.

Zaccardo, Barzagli, Engelaar, Farfan and probably a few I haven't mentioned yet. These names are pretty good and it's nice to see German football bringing in already highly rated players so they'll be able to compete with Spain, Italy and England.

Hopefully they can surpass France in rankings soon. ;)

According to tuttomercato' date=' German Denis will join next year Napoli.. they paid 12 millions of dollars for him..[/quote']

An duo of argentina attackers for Napoli, i am looking forward to Napoli's next season espiecally if they keep Hamsik.

Was watching Sky Sports News on tv and it said that Aaron Ramsey has picked Arsenal over Man.U and Everton. Also a really confusing bit about him going Arsenal to be loaned back to Cardiff which made no sence. Could anyone clear this up for me please?

Thanks in advance.

:-)

Basically as he won't play for Arsenal for a few years they've agreed to loan him back to Cardiff for a season, so he can play first team football, and Cardiff can basically keep him for another season.

I've always considered this strange when related to young stars. Ramsey is what, 16? Let's say Arsenal buy him for 5m at 16 after a good season with Cardiff. He is then loaned back to Cardiff anyway and get's better and more valuable. So he's remaining in the same team but is getting better and more experienced.

Now my plea is... why not just sell him at 17 then if it's going to be the same? If he's going to be playing for Cardiff anyway in that year, then keep him, make him improve, and then sell him after for double the price :) Can't believe Cardiff would've sold him for 5m to get him back on loan and imrpove him till he's worth 10m!