Sami Nasri to sign with the Gunners Today

eddie101

Re: Sami Nasri to sign with the Gunners Today

Many forumers have talked about this recently and I believe that he will sign within a weeks time.

As I said on the Xabi Alonso thread though, sources such as goal.com are unreliable and so I doubt it will be so soon, or trust what they say etc.

But I am sure he will sign within a week - 10 days.

Well that would most definitely be a good signing for us, but i never get my hopes up whenever i hear a story in the papers. Until Arsenal release an article on there website saying that they have signed him or given an interview on sky sports i am doubtful.

Lets face it how many players are linked with Arsenal every time a transfer window opens. :rolleyes:

Well thats the news i wanted to hear this summer :D

but it will be 50/50 untill arsenal.com confirms it :)

Anyways Nice to See us Signing a Player who has been called The next Zizou or has been compared to C.Ronaldo by some sources B) :cool:

Sky Sports just mentioned that he is set to sign within a few days.

Better then Hleb... He will be better then most players in the prem.

Just seen ;):)

You think so? maybe in a season or two he has the talent for sure..

They're still gonna need muscle in the midfield. Oh if only they had Flamini.

We have Gilberto who is strong, although Lorik Cana would be the best possible signing imo.

We have Gilberto who is strong' date=' although Lorik Cana would be the best possible signing imo.[/quote']

Yea Cana would be good, and also Zapater, "The Bull":p :D

We have Gilberto who is strong' date=' although Lorik Cana would be the best possible signing imo.[/quote']

Nasri is better then Ribery was when he was at Marseille.

I believe that Nasri could be better then Ribery, and we all know how Ribery bosses the France midfield.

With Wenger and the Arsenal tutoring too, cant go wrong.

Nasri over Cana anyday.

Gilberto :confused: Good sub to bring in when everyone is injured. Should play Denilson or Song before Gilberto though.

Nasri is better then Ribery was when he was at Marseille.

I believe that Nasri could be better then Ribery' date=' and we all know how Ribery bosses the France midfield.

With Wenger and the Arsenal tutoring too, cant go wrong.

Nasri over Cana anyday.

Gilberto :confused: Good sub to bring in when everyone is injured. Should play Denilson or Song before Gilberto though.[/quote']

Lets hope so, can definitely see it happening although I've only ever seen him play in the Champs League and a few French games on Setenta here and there though and luckily I saw the amazing goal against Metz :eek: whack it in youtube to see ;)

I meant Cana along with Nasri not one or the other ;) I would have Nasri anyday too..

I would also rather have Denilson or Song in the mid but for power and strength Gilberto the standout player..

Problem in Midfield ??? :confused: :confused:

NO WAY !!!!!

Fabregas

Rosicky

Vela {Coming bak from loan}

Hleb{Hope He Doesnt Go}

Walcott

Denilson

Samir Nasri

Wherez Da Problem ??? Cant find it :P

Well me neither ;)

but Hleb might go and Rosicky is out till Septemberish and there isn't any real strength in the team which we need really in the Prem

I wouldnt play Vela in midfield. If anything the Kaka role but I would probably play him just behind Adebayor or VP etc. He needs to be getting forward and scoring goals.

Don't worry ;)

Wenger has already said he will be used as a Central Striker as thats his best position.

So if Hleb stays it looks like he and Nasri on the wings? Or Adebayor up top with Hleb behind him and Walcott goes wide? What happens with Van Persie?

And yes, Denilson/Song would be better but compare them with the others in the EPL, from the top four who contest the title each year.

Chelsea - Lampard and Essien and Ballack

Liverpool - Mascherano and Alonso and Gerrard

Manchester United - Scholes and Carrick and Hargreaves/Anderson

Now despite Fabregas having been a bit more "tackly" to say this season, and putting himself about a bit more, he surely cannot possibly even attempt to carry someone like Denilson/Song every week, because even though there is no doubting there ability, Fabby needs someone better beside him. The other three teams usually play a three-man midfield and if they do against Fabregas and either Song or Denilson, bye bye EPL title.

AW now needs to sign a Gago player, someone who has the qualities of Gilberto but is young and can still improve to make an already very good Arsenal team better - I still think we should have signed Modric, as if Spurs keep there defensive record up, and have Berbs and Keane, they will do what many expected them to do this year.

AW now needs to sign a Gago player' date=' someone who has the qualities of Gilberto but is young and can still improve to make an already very good Arsenal team better - I still think we should have signed Modric, as if Spurs keep there defensive record up, and have Berbs and Keane, they will do what many expected them to do this year.[/quote']

Since when was Modric a strong CM? :confused:

Trust me mate, he has never smelt powerful and that was the only reason I wasn't THAT disappointed we didn't make a move, he's a brilliant player and skillful, great Attacking but poor defensively.

NO WAY !!!!!

Fabregas

Rosicky

Hleb{Hope He Doesnt Go}

Walcott

Denilson

Samir Nasri

There is no doubt these players are class' date=' but (and there is a but), look at the average age.

If Hleb leaves (which is looking more likely with Nasri coming), and Gilberto also set to go. The ages of player in your midfield will be:

Rosicky: 27

Diaby: 22

Fabregas: 21

Nasri: 20

Denilson: 20

Walcott: 18

Vela: 18

[b']Average age: 20.8 years :o [/b]

All teams need a bit of experience in midfield, and all the rest of the big 4 have this. My problem with Arsenal is every year they sell there experienced players and bring in youths. I'm not saying it's a bad thing to have youths but you need that bit of experience as-well. Personally, i think the Arsenal will tire towards the end of the season (like this season), and miss out on the trophies again :o

maybe Arsenal will prove me wrong this year?

Just to add to Ben's post, Gilberto has told Arsenal he wants to stay here for the rest of his career and I dont see him leaving.

Plus what about this season?

Flamini was only 24 and not that experienced, yeah he played here and there but this was his first big season in the first team, Arsenal are bringing in more players for depth because that was the main reason we didn't win the league this year forget the experience, our two central defenders are very experienced and thats all you need imo, young players are more hungry for success, look at Ronaldo ;)

NO WAY !!!!!

Fabregas

Rosicky

Hleb{Hope He Doesnt Go}

Walcott

Denilson

Samir Nasri

Is Francisco Mérida coming back from his loan?

I can't wait to watch Vela and especially Nasri if he comes. Nasri would be fantastic at Arsenal.

Just to add to Ben's post' date=' Gilberto has told Arsenal he wants to stay here for the rest of his career and I dont see him leaving.

Plus what about this season?

Flamini was only 24 and not that experienced, yeah he played here and there but this was his first big season in the first team, Arsenal are bringing in more players for depth because that was the main reason we didn't win the league this year forget the experience, our two central defenders are very experienced and thats all you need imo, young players are more hungry for success, look at Ronaldo ;)[/quote']

Flamini had an awesome season, but he was 24 and Ronaldo is 23. I'm talking about the 18-21 year olds who i think will find it hard to last the season playing at there best.

If you look at Fabregas last season, yes overall he had a great season. But if you look at his performances, they were considerably better in the first half of the season. In the 2nd half of the season his performances (along with a few other youngsters performances) weren't as good as in the first half of the season. There are stats to back this up. Which Half of the season did Arsenal get the better results? When did Fabregas score goals most games?

There is no doubt Arsenal have a quality team full of the best young players in the world, but you need the right amount of youths and experienced players on the pitch, and personally i don't think Arsene has that balance right. I hope Arsenal prove me wrong, but i just can't see them getting any closer to the league next season.