I am not saying that John Terry spat at Tevez. I am simply providing the links to some articles which have recently appeared on an alleged spitting incident involving John Terry and Carlos Tevez.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/05/22/ufnterry122.xml

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/article.html?in_article_id=149011&in_page_id=43

Watch the video that is on the Metro link!

Re: John Terry spitting at Tevez?

I am not saying that John Terry spat at Tevez. I am simply providing the links to some articles which have recently appeared on an alleged spitting incident involving John Terry and Carlos Tevez.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/05/22/ufnterry122.xml

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/article.html?in_article_id=149011&in_page_id=43

Watch the video that is on the Metro link!

As you do see Tevez clutch the back of his own head as if something was there as he walked away suggests yes... But from the way I have looked at it, Terry was wiping snot or spit from his face/mouth and then whispered in Tevez's ear....Maybe JT missed a bit when he wiped and it sprayed??

I hope this is the case as Spiting in football is disgraceful, spitting in general is disgusting....

I hate El Hadj Diouf because he feels he needs to put his saliva on other peoples faces...Dirty!!

As you do see Tevez clutch the back of his own head as if something was there as he walked away suggests yes... But from the way I have looked at it' date=' Terry was wiping snot or spit from his face/mouth and then whispered in Tevez's ear....Maybe JT missed a bit when he wiped and it sprayed??

I hope this is the case as Spiting in football is disgraceful, spitting in general is disgusting....

I hate El Hadj Diouf because he feels he needs to put his saliva on other peoples faces...Dirty!![/quote']

Yeah, I'm not saying that hitting a player is ok - it's not at all, but sometimes when a player for example tries his hardest to get someone sent off, you can see why someone on the other team might want to lash out at him and slap him or hit him whatever but spitting is just vile - it has to be the worst, really disgusting.

If you look at Terry in the video it definately looks like he wipes quickly and then moves his mouth to spit before wiping again and why would Tevez suddenly feel his neck like that. I hope I am wrong and maybe the authorities will be speaking to Tevez and Terry about this.

It's not really clear from the video, but I will say this... there is a bit of a delay between the point where Terry may have spat at Tevez, and Tevez wiping his neck. I'm pretty sure the reaction would have been instant if JT did spit at him.

Also, it's literally only a few centimetres from the referee, and pretty much directly in front of him. If it did happen, why didn't he see anything?

If it was someone like Drogba I'd be a bit more suspicious, but although Terry might be a bit dirty at times, he's never really been the kind of player you'd expect that from. I think some people may be looking for something that isn't there.

From the video i definitely don't think you can say 100% that John Terry spat at Tevez. Although it does look very suspicious especially considering Tevez played a part in getting Drogba sent off. If it was a player like Drogba or as mentioned previously El Hadj Diouf then i would probably believe they did spit although i have never seen JT do anything like that before and if he did it is disgusting and i am glad he missed his pen. Although surely the ref would have seen it wouldn't he i mean he was about 2 meters from the two players and Tevez would have made a big deal about it as well.

Until i see any more conclusive evidence i am going to defend JT as i don't believe he would do that sort of thing. Although if he did i have lost all my respect for him.

wouldn't surprise me' date=' chelsea are the most unsporting team i've ever seen[/quote']

Ok mate all your players are sporting, to name but a few;

Ronaldo- Dives/Cheats all the time

Nani- Isnt he the guy who headbutted a player, very sporting like that!

Rooney- Mister, if i dont get my own way i will screem at the ref for an hour, and dont say he didnt do it Wednesday night, no he didnt becayuse he never had the ball!

tevez is a really dirty player so i would be pleased if it was true

How is Tevez a dirty player.I don't think Terry spit at Tevez.Terry is a model player.He dosen't get into trouble off the pitch or on it.I feel a bit sorry for him that he was the player to miss a penalty to let United back into it.I am happy he missed though but i feel for him.

• 2 weeks later...

tevez is a really dirty player so i would be pleased if it was true

1 yellow card in the league all season, and that was for removing his shirt in celebrating a last minute equiliser against spurs. Really dirty player.

1 yellow card in the league all season' date=' and that was for removing his shirt in celebrating a last minute equiliser against spurs. Really dirty player.[/quote']

if seen lots of things hes done, sorry u havent

Guest BrandonBurrows

if seen lots of things hes done' date=' sorry u havent[/quote']

That's bull, you're just jealous.

The video is inconclusive. Terry isn't that kind of player anyway, so people should give him the benefit of the doubt.

That's bull' date=' you're just jealous.

The video is inconclusive. Terry isn't that kind of player anyway, so people should give him the benefit of the doubt.[/quote']

jealous of wot?

Guest BrandonBurrows

jealous of wot?

Your jealous becuase he's not at the team you support and he's got alot of skill.

The last few posts here seem to be going off topic completely, so please dont ruin a good topic and thread with one-liners aimed at each other. Take it to PM :)

The pictures and the report appear inconclusive to me. When I was watching it live, (just about the only part of the game I saw live due to work :rolleyes: ), I assumed Terry was simply aiming a few choice words in Tevez's direction due to his involvement in the sending off. The pictures here appear more damning, but none of us can say with any certainty what happened. The fact that no complaint has been lodged suggests that perhaps even the players/clubs involved cannot pin-point exactly what happened. I guess the only one who could really tell us is John Terry himself, but I don't think that will be happening any time soon.

ok then so im jealous of about 50 million teams' date=' dont get how i could be jealous[/quote']

Even if you weren't jealous, what you point out is absolute nonsense. Tevez is one of the fairest players that come to the football world - never starts fights, doesn't complain to the ref unless it's justified, etc.. etc.. yeah maybe once or twice he lost his head (although I NEVER witnessed this), but he is a great person and a superb football player at the same time. One of the most underrated imo (in the sense that not many people see and appreciate the amount of running and hard work he does for the team upfront).

On the Terry incident, I have no idea. Can't see the video as it's been removed.

EDIT: Then again, from watching this, believe it or not, there really is the possibility of a spit. Not saying he did, but the way it happened is extremely awkward. To me it looks like he's trying to cover himself up to spit but getting his arm up (so the the referee wouldn't see it). Since when does JT ever go close to his face when a teammate is sent off? NEVER. Is this just a coincidence and rare occasion or was he trying to cover something up?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: A normal JT reaction would have been a screem at the ref followed by a screem at the player 'who got his teammate sent of'....

BUT to conclude everything, which has got nothing to do with the thread...

TEVEZ DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG IN THE SCENE. Say what you want, biased or not, it's the Chelsea players' fault for kicking it off, and they got what they deserved (seneding off). Tevez did nothing, and how he warranted the yellow card he got is beyond me :confused: