Sign in to follow this  
Guest the plummer

How To Use The Forum Tools.

Guest the plummer

Well I had alot of time on my hands so I thought with the amount of new members joining and a few of the ones allready here who probably dont know what some tools are , I have done a short summary about how to use some of the tools , to take forum experience to the max. Would like it to be stickied as a feel it my prove usefull.

1. Hyperlinking.
  2. Multi-Quote.
  3. Inserting Images

Hyperlinking.

Hyperlink.jpg

Hyperlinking is when you use a word or phrase to represent a page of information. Usually used when giving a link to a differnt page. an example is This

To do this you type in your word which you want to use in this case its "something" so type in "something". Then higlight the word "Something". This is your word which is representing the page you want to direct readers to. Once selected go to the icon above the world with a pair of sun glasses next to them and click. when the box appears after you click it , simply enter the Url adress that you want people to go to when clicking your word.

So> Enter word> Higlight> Click Icon> EnterAddress.

Then you should have Something.

Multi-Quote

MultiQuote.jpg

Multi-Quote is when you quote more than one post at a time. Often used.

First of all quote the first post you want as you normally do.

Now my way of multi-quoting

Selected the icon in the picture , Its hard to see but its the speach bubble with text in it.

Once selected this should appear

[Q.UOTE] I have put a "." in the quote so it stays as a tagg. DONT DO THIS

Once this appears the person you want to quote simply put a " = " in after the last "E" in "quote" so [Q.UOTE=]

Now enter the name of the person you want to quote and enter it after the "=" sign.

now you have [Q.UOTE=RossDAFC]

After doing this simply copy and his paste post from the thread which should be below your post.

now you have [Q.UOTE=RossDAFC]I am Scottish.

Giving you

I am Scottish.

So in a simplier way.

Select Icon >

Enter "=" After the E in...

Then After the "=" Enter name of forumer you want to quote.

Copy his post into the middle of the quote tags.

Then do this with how many peoples post's you want to quote then

You should be able to multi-quote.

Inserting Images.

AddingImage.jpg

There are many ways of getting an image into a post.

The first way is ' date=' get an image from lets say google.

type into your search engine chelsea badge. go onto a image that you feel is right for your post nand click on it to get its direct link. once you have this copy and paste it into the box that will appear after clicking the box above which is a yellow box with a mountain on it. when you put your link into it then press ok your image should appear.

[img']http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m3/jun2007/9/9/2017B936-98F2-0E8A-8F9C6816DC044ACD.jpg[/img]

If a photo is on your computer you can upload it by signing up to something like imageshack or my favourite Photobucket.

This allows you to get your images on the net. You will be directed on one of these sites and they will tell you how to get the image code/link.

once you have it , it will have [i.MG] [/img] tags around it.

You now have a image on your post.

This is also how to post screen shots as you take a screen shot by using the print screen button and paste it in paint , save as a file then follow the step above and you have a screen shot.

Its nothing great , just passed 40 minutes , hopefully its usefull for some. If ther is any problems with it Pm me dont leave a comment on the thread and a cant then change it. Also if this has allready been coverd pm me with the link and all get a mod to merge or delete thanks.

Guest the plummer

Re: How To Use The Forum Tools.

Thanks Steve for Sticking this for me ,

a hope people find this usefull , if it is hard to understand just give me a buz and all try explain it to you better.

Also if people dont know how to do anything else Im happy to help as I have a lot of free time now, Left school:D

thanks x

whats the search tool

Mate your just bumping a 11 month old thread. :rolleyes:

Well its for you to search threads you want or if you want to create a thread, just use it to see if there is a similar thread to the thread you want to create.

Hope this helps you!

This is also how to post screen shots as you take a screen shot by using the print screen button and paste it in paint ' date=' save as a file then follow the step above and you have a screen shot.

[/quote']

Do you (or anyone else) have any idea how to do this on a Mac?

Apple Key + Shift + 3. :)

P.S Bet ya didn't know the creator of this thread is actually a guy called Greig Spence' date=' who now plays for Celtic.... :D[/quote']

Thanks man, that's revolutionised my world! And I didn't know that, I even see him on the SM database which is kinda cool!

http://www.soccermanager.com/player.php?pid=34924

Is he worth buying?!

For you guys would like to refer to the reduction of money in the game, every game you lose a lot of money in order to go some time off and you can not do anything u can leave your players, much of my friends have left the game teams the reason that you mentioned .... do something your children please: D