• Holland
    • Czech Republic
    • Sweden
    • Croatia

Re: Euro 2008

I can't think who to support today!

I think I'm going to support Croatia.

Sorry Lil Kick Kid.

I can't decide who I'd like to win this game because I like both teams. I respect both Bilić and Terim greatly and they both show real passion and enthusiasm. I think Croatia will win but in my mind I'm only 51% sure of that because after watching Turkey's fantastic comeback against the Czech Republic I know they are more than capable of beating Croatia.

Some interesting trivia from BBC -

Croatia are unbeaten in three previous matches against Turkey (one win and two draws).

At Euro '96 Croatia beat Turkey 1-0 in the group stage' date=' through an 85th-minute goal by Goran Vlaovic. Fatih [b']Terim[/b] was also head coach of Turkey in that match, while Croatia's current head coach, Slaven Bilic, played in that game. :)

Got this from an article I was reading today -

"Domenech yesterday made a bizarre excuse that the cul-de-sac layout of the team's hotel next to Lake Geneva, Switzerland, forced his team into a "closed" style of play against Italy, the Netherhands and Romania."

That man is truly crazy. As if I needed further proof though..:rolleyes: Now he is blaming the layout of his teams hotel for their shortcomings at Euro 2008. Men in white coats will be coming soon for this loon.

Why has the English ref been sent home when you have a dump ref like this ref in the Cro v Turk game?

He loves the sound of his whistle for sure.....Doing my head right in!!!

Tell me about it. He is turning this into a non-contact game. This isn't a game of Badminton for goodness sake, allow some contact.

If Turkey get any more yellow cards they will be fielding cardboard cutouts in the semis (if they make it through).

Tell me about it. He is turning this into a non-contact game. This isn't a game of Badminton for goodness sake' date=' allow some contact.

If Turkey get any more yellow cards they will be fielding cardboard cutouts in the semis (if they make it through).[/quote']

Its been a very poor game though ain't it?

Turkey done nothing but defend....And if any of the better Croatian chances had fallen to anyone but that waste of space Olic they would have been in the lead.....

This is the worst game of the tournament so far for me....

Its been a very poor game though ain't it?

Turkey done nothing but defend....And if any of the better Croatian chances had fallen to anyone but that waste of space Olic they would have been in the lead.....

This is the worst game of the tournament so far for me....

It's Definately up there with France vs Romania,

You know Turkey will win now

It's Definately up there with France vs Romania' date='

You know Turkey will win now[/quote']

Too right, very dull game.

The way its going now we'll get a penalty shoot out which will defo spice the night up.

But putting my money on a Croatia win tho.

Croatia was the better team... too bad for them' date=' they could've won the tournament[/quote']

playing against Germany in semis ?

I'm not so sure:rolleyes:

IMO they won against Germany in group phase because it's known the rivality between Germany and Poland , so maybe the match was a little "aranjat" (in Romanian) but I don't know the English word , anyway I wanna say that Germany allowed Croatia to win because they wanted to be sure that Poland aren't going to pass trough quarter finals:rolleyes:

Alright, I don't know what I can say. First of all it doesn't matter who you support Kolo if Turkey wins!! :D

WE WON!!

What a game, this is unbelievable.

And why do Turkey not deserve it? They have played with heart through the whole tournament. Players with injuries have still played just for their country and I can't believe that out of all teams you're saying Turkey don't deserve it!! :mad:

Turkey do deserve it and I don't care what you say!

Now all you Croatia team fans, I must say your team played brilliantly but in the end the winner is all that matters.

My 2 teams made it to the top 4 of Europe, this is a wonderful highlight of my year. I will not be supporting Germany or Turkey next game, I only wish that the best team wins. Good luck to both sides.

Alright' date=' I don't know what I can say. First of all it doesn't matter who you support Kolo if Turkey wins!! :D

WE WON!!

What a game, this is unbelievable.

And why do Turkey not deserve it? They have played with heart through the whole tournament. Players with injuries have still played just for their country and I can't believe that out of all teams you're saying Turkey don't deserve it!! :mad:

Turkey do deserve it and I don't care what you say!

Now all you Croatia team fans, I must say your team played brilliantly but in the end the winner is all that matters.

My 2 teams made it to the top 4 of Europe, this is a wonderful highlight of my year. I will not be supporting Germany or Turkey next game, I only wish that the best team wins. Good luck to both sides.[/quote']

At the end of the night Croatia were the better side and should of won.

Yes Turkey are like Liverpool, riding there luck all the way.

Turkey dont deserve it because they have played some of the most boring football this tourey. All they do is defend!

I believe I have to give credit where it's due tonight - to Turkey coach Fatih Terim. He was very smart tonight. Turkey set their stall out to defend most of the match and then he made the vital switch late on to go two up front and bring on the goalscorer Semih.

Rüştü got a get out of jail free card tonight! Croatia will feel robbed after doing most of the attacking and they must have thought they had won it when Klasnić scored but they only have themselves to blame. Not being able to get two penalties on target from 12 yards out is terrible. At least test the keeper.

Well Germany are through to the final. I predict Spain - Germany final but wouldn't be surprised if Holland do not bottle it or if Italy/Russia make it as well.

BTW the one thing I will say in defence of Turkey is that the referee shouldn't be criticised for not letting Croatia take their sub.

Yes Turkey are like Liverpool' date=' riding there luck all the way.

Turkey dont deserve it because they have played some of the most boring football this tourey. All they do is defend![/quote']

The goal of a game of football is not to play better. It is to win. And Turkey did all that they could do to win. With the cards and the injured players Turkey couldn't attack all game as they needed all of their players to be as fit as possible in the case of another possible game (semi's). It's called playing strategically. Wow, seeing as we play soccer manager I'd expect you to know this.

Just because their style of play is boring they don't deserve it? They deserve it because they want it the most and put all on the line to get to it.

Yes Turkey are like Liverpool' date=' riding there luck all the way.

Turkey dont deserve it because they have played some of the most boring football this tourey. All they do is defend![/quote']

Oh no its Euro 2008 and you still get the riding the luck LFC brigade ,

Croatia missed loads of chances ,thats not turkey being lucky thats bad finishing .

Croatia missed two out of their first 3 penalties ,again not Turkey being lucky its bad finishing ,this is what cost them it nothing to do with luck .

Portugal lost last night not because Germany were lucky but because Portugal couldnt defend set pieces.

You need to know the difference between being lucky and being your own worst enemy .:)