• Germany
    • Greece
    • Holland
    • Czech Republic
    • Sweden
    • Croatia

Re: Euro 2008

Oh no its Euro 2008 and you still get the riding the luck LFC brigade ' date='

Croatia missed loads of chances ,thats not turkey being lucky thats bad finishing .

Croatia missed two out of their first 3 penalties ,again not Turkey being lucky its bad finishing ,this is what cost them it nothing to do with luck .

Portugal lost last night not because Germany were lucky but because Portugal couldnt defend set pieces.

You need to know the difference between being lucky and being your own worst enemy .:)[/quote']

Thank you for pointing this out mate. I totally agree.

But one player in particular who could've done so much is Olic but he missed so many chances.

I am so sad that such a great team like Croatia didn't qualified in semi-finals... :(

They were 120minutes better team and Turkey again were lucky.And I could only point out at 120 minute when Bilic were asking for a substitute but the 4th judge didn't accept that...

Turkey will be something like Greece which is a shame for football in general. :(

The only team that has been lucky is Germany who now instead of a very tough match against Croatia, will now face a severely depleted Turkey who have a lot of suspensions and maybe Nihat out injured too. I know nothing can be certain in football, but you can be sure that Germany are delighted to be facing Turkey.

Let me first explain a few things.

So first of all, have none of you read Old Nellers post? So what's lucky, give me some exact situations and if they're not answered by Alan's post I'll try to answer.

Also Rustu took that free kick before Bilic asked to make the substitution. So there's nothing wrong there. Although the officiating was horrible to both teams from what I was watching (second half +).

And yes Germany will be lucky to be facing such a troubled Turkey, but wasn't Croatia? I mean look at the team, half of our starters were missing because of injury or cards. And we still beat Croatia.

If Croatia were better for the first 120 minutes why didn't they get anything done then? At that point it was 0-0 still am I correct? So what's your excuse? We couldn't finish our chances. That means that Croatia weren't good because they couldn't finish.

And why would it be a shame for Turkey to win it all (which I doubt will happen)? So for a nation who has never done this before, an unexpected team to surprise the world by making the final games instead of the usual big teams. A team that wants it so much more then other teams. Why would it be a shame?

Let me first explain a few things.

So first of all' date=' have none of you read Old Nellers post? So what's lucky, give me some exact situations and if they're not answered by Alan's post I'll try to answer.

Also Rustu took that free kick before Bilic asked to make the substitution. So there's nothing wrong there. Although the officiating was horrible to both teams from what I was watching (second half +).

And yes Germany will be lucky to be facing such a troubled Turkey, but wasn't Croatia? I mean look at the team, half of our starters were missing because of injury or cards. And we still beat Croatia.

If Croatia were better for the first 120 minutes why didn't they get anything done then? At that point it was 0-0 still am I correct? So what's your excuse? We couldn't finish our chances. That means that Croatia weren't good because they couldn't finish.

And why would it be a shame for Turkey to win it all (which I doubt will happen)? So for a nation who has never done this before, an unexpected team to surprise the world by making the final games instead of the usual big teams. A team that wants it so much more then other teams. Why would it be a shame?[/quote']

You must spit on Croatia at every post??

You must spit on Croatia at every post??

I have read all the posts on this thread and I have not seen him "spit" on Croatia once all he has done if defend turkey against most the others. Something I have seen you do for your country since you joined the forum many, many times :):rolleyes:

I See Realistically 1 Winner In The Ger-Tur Match,

I Think Strongly That Germany Will Go Onto Win This Comp Beating Whoever They Come Up Against In The Final,

Cro-Ger Would Have Been A Fab Game To Watch,But Now I Think The Understrenght Turks Aswell As The Fact Tonights Match Went To Extra Time & The Fact They Have Battled Alot Till Now, I Think They Will Run Out Of Steam At Some Point Against The Germans Who Know How To Pass The Ball Around.

I am so sad that such a great team like Croatia didn't qualified in semi-finals... :(

They were 120minutes better team and Turkey again were lucky.And I could only point out at 120 minute when Bilic were asking for a substitute but the 4th judge didn't accept that...

Turkey will be something like Greece which is a shame for football in general. :(

totally agree. It was game set match,and for the life of me i do not understand why the ref didnt blown the whistle for full time, or that the 4th official didnt acknowledge that Bilic wanted to make a sub.

and how on earth do you have 2 minutes of injury time in EXTRA time???????????????????

Ok, first of all I've already explained why the ref shouldn't have blown his whistle.

Second of all the extra time was added due to all of the time taken up by Croatia when they were celebrating their goal. Did this explain it for you?

Also I don't care who wins the Germany - Turkey game believe it or not. The best team should win and I'll be happy for whoever takes the game. But Turkey were already down so many players this game and still beat Croatia so I don't know why Turkey can't beat a team that Croatia beat. Either way it will be a good game (I expect).

and how on earth do you have 2 minutes of injury time in EXTRA time???????????????????

well the same rules apply in INJ time as they do in the match, so if any players were down during that 30mins or any time wasting etc the ref still adds it on.

Maybe...

But referee made a huge mistake of extending 2nd extra-time for almost 2 minutes.

And I don't understand why didn't the 4th referee allow Croatia to make substitution although there was break and player was ready...

I am only sad...Croatia is playing such a beautiful football and lost against luckier opponent(Turkey) who didn't show much in 4 last games.

Game between CRO-GER would be a spectacular but it won't happen. :(

I think Croatia did excellent, never saw the match tonight but by sounds of it they played brilliant football again.

They out played England and are a credit to watch, when you consider the MASSIVE blow they got delt with Eduardo being injured they just got on with it.

when you take away such a goal threat from any side its going to make a difference, I wonder if Croatia would have won tonight if he was in the side, we will never know I guess.

Many were pesimistic when Eduardo got injured and said that Croatia won't be the same...

First game against Austria was pretty bad because they played in cramp and it was the first match against host.

Against Germany and Turkey they proved that they are playing excellent football with great technical talent where they were superior against their opponents.

Against Poland they proved they can also excellent play with ther "C team".

I hoped to see Croatia in semi-final or even final but luck wasn't on their side although they were better against Turkey...

I look forward of seeing Croatia in next Euro or World championship! :)

I totally agree that Croatia dominated the game and played very well but how many times must I ask you guys if you've read Allan's post? And if you have why do you keep mentioning luck?

Not only did Croatia dominate,they were superior.

We could say that is was refereer fault etc...But it doesn't matter because Turkey passed through...

I am only sad that better team goes home while Turkey again had much luck in their 2 last games. :(

Not only did Croatia dominate' date='they were superior.

We could say that is was refereer fault etc...But it doesn't matter because Turkey passed through...

I am only sad that better team goes home while Turkey again had much luck in their 2 last games. :([/quote']

OMG!! How many times must I ask?

What do you mean by luck, the player who was supposed to come on wasn't even ready, that's why he didn't go on. Simple, now what do you mean by luck?

I don't think Croatia were anywhere near as good as they were against Germany tonight. Turkey mostly just sat back at let them play. Not a bad performance, but you're never going to win a tournament when you waste so much in the attacking third. I'm not just talking about lacking a striker who can put the ball in the net... it seemed like they rarely created anything clear cut anyway, despite Turkey's defence being so poor. They had enough shots, they just weren't always from the best positions from what I saw.

Croatia probably would have won with Eduardo, but credit to Turkey for sticking to their gameplan and not giving up. I don't really see why Bilic was complaining about the amount of injury time myself. The ball hit the net at 31:02 in extra time (according to my TV :P). The delay in getting the game restarted after the Croatia goal would have accounted for almost all of that.

I think Germany will be too much for Turkey in the semi, especially with the injuries and suspensions.

OMG!! How many times must I ask?

What do you mean by luck' date=' the player who was supposed to come on wasn't even ready, that's why he didn't go on. Simple, now what do you mean by luck?[/quote']

Luck is a factor that can be interpreted in many ways...

And for your information,the player who had to come in was ready.

Congratulation to Turkey for going to semi-final but I honestly think they don't stand a chance against Germany.

I don't think Croatia were anywhere near as good as they were against Germany tonight. Turkey mostly just sat back at let them play. Not a bad performance' date=' but you're never going to win a tournament when you waste so much in the attacking third. I'm not just talking about lacking a striker who can put the ball in the net...[b'] it seemed like they rarely created anything clear cut anyway, despite Turkey's defence being so poor.[/b] They had enough shots, they just weren't always from the best positions from what I saw.

IMO Croatia did creat a good few chances. It's just that they could nto capitalize on them. Olic missed a brilliant chance in the first half (really don't know how he did that. It was harder to miss than score :P). I guess he shot with his wrong foot but still......

He and the other did have a descent number of half chances as well. Modric had a really good game imo. He played really well. Fed Olic really well.

I don't really see why Bilic was complaining about the amount of injury time myself.The ball hit the net at 31:02 in extra time (according to my TV :P).

Totally agree with u there mate. He pretty much had no reason to complain.

If there are any Croatian fans saying that they would have won if they di have eduardo then all i can say is that Turkey were missing a truckload of first squad players a well so u actually must give Turkey alot of credit for making it to the semi's.

I think Germany will be too much for Turkey in the semi' date=' especially with the injuries and suspensions.[/quote']

Well i do think that Germany will be a bit to strong for Turkey. Turan will also be missing in the game. :( The thing i really like about Turkey is their fighting sprit and their 'never give up never say die' attitude. Turkey may not make it to the finals but if there is one team that reallty deserves to win this, imo, it's Turkey. ;):)