• Italy
    • Germany
    • Greece
    • Holland
    • Czech Republic
    • Sweden
    • Croatia

Re: Euro 2008

lol.. was thinking the exact same thing!

especially since all the keepers were complaining about the new ball I thought there would be heaps in this tournament..

The ball looks awesome in flight to goal... no spin' date=' just moving.[/quote']

Well, there has been lots of complaints about the new ball.

Lehmann

Cech

Buffon and Amelia

Love Buffon's comment in that last link - “Maybe we just have to get used to it. But it won’t matter, I’ll get the ball anyway.” :)

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Euro 2008 Croatia for me

Re: Euro 2008 Croatia for me too. Might get there shirt.

Re: Euro 2008 1h before the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can post my pictures from Vienna (Aus:Cro) if you want HRVATSKA edit: wow i just realized how hard is to say Hrvats

Props to the ref for changing the Kolodin yellow card decision. :)

I reckon Kolodin and half his team-mates will end up in Europe after this tournament.

I read they were all getting paid well in the Russian league but there are bound to be a few clubs interested in the likes of Arshavin, Pavlyuchenko and Zhirkov etc.

Guest melbguy1

Well' date=' it's official Arshavin deserves a 96...

Only joking..:)

Fantastic match. Hiddink is a magician. He is amazing. I think I love him. :D

Great football from Russia. Outplayed Holland.[/quote']

as a netural.... Russia played lovely football and caused Holland problems throughout...

Arshavin is a gun.

and like you said, most will 'maybe' make their way to Europe... unless the billionairs in russia have other plans.

Russia deserved be in semi's. they were more strong tactical and mental than Netherlands. But a factor that can/could be decisive is the fact that Russian players are more fresh, their league just started few weeks ago, the league where others players play finished and they have a lot of minutes and kilometers ran and are more tired. Teams that in group stages practiced a good football were out, i am referring to Portugal, Croatia and Netherlands. Russia have a style of play also brilliant. For me, till now Deco and Arshavin are the bests players of this Euro.

Well Russia just beat Holland !!! And boy did they deserve to !!! :D

They pretty much outplayed Holland and deserve a place in the semi's. Till now every team that has qualified top of the group has got eliminated. Not on ly that, but all three of the teams i.e. Portugal, Croatia andHolland rested their main squad in the match before this and they still managed to loose :rolleyes::)

Lets hope that does not happen to Spain :P.

Arshavin had a brilliant game. He worked his socks off and he and his team really dersrved the win. ;)

Well done Russia !!!!! :D

Russia deserved be in semi's. they were more strong tactical and mental than Netherlands. But a factor that can/could be decisive is the fact that Russian players are more fresh' date=' their league just started few weeks ago, the league where others players play finished and they have a lot of minutes and kilometers ran and are more tired. Teams that in group stages practiced a good football were out, i am referring to Portugal, Croatia and Netherlands. Russia have a style of play also brilliant. For me, till now Deco and [b']Arshavin[/b] are the bests players of this Euro.

Agree. Arshavin is absolutely amazing. He has done more in this Euro 2008 Tournament than Ronaldo has done in both Euros and a World Cup. He is special. He will be moving to Europe. I Guaran-dam-tee it.

If Italy beat Spain then Russia are as good as through to the final against Germany. To beat Russia you need fast strikers who can beat the offside trap. And Italy/Holland/Greece/Sweden only had slow strikers who were about instinct and aerial ability. Kolodin looked good again but he'll be replaced. Despite the win I'm not happy for some reason. Nor would I have been sad if we lost. I'm usually passionate about football but right now I almost have no pleasure in the fact we won.

Lol and you should see my parents. They didn't even know what football was when I told then Russia won.

Guest melbguy1

If Italy beat Spain then Russia are as good as through to the final against Germany. To beat Russia you need fast strikers who can beat the offside trap. And Italy/Holland/Greece/Sweden only had slow strikers who were about instinct and aerial ability. Kolodin looked good again but he'll be replaced. Despite the win I'm not happy for some reason. Nor would I have been sad if we lost. I'm usually passionate about football but right now I almost have no pleasure in the fact we won.

Lol and you should see my parents. They didn't even know what football was when I told then Russia won.

you must of forgotten of DP, Di Natale and Cassano... Despite the coaches tactics, Italy has more strikers then just Toni.

But yeah, after watching today's game I would have wanted to face Holland over Russia, but I think Russia has some players missing for the next game due to yellow cards.

you must of forgotten of DP' date=' Di Natale and Cassano... Despite the coaches tactics, Italy has more strikers then just Toni.

But yeah, after watching today's game I would have wanted to face Holland over Russia, but I think Russia has some players missing for the next game due to yellow cards.[/quote']

Only Kolodin and Torbinskiy. But Kolodin would be a loss as the defence in open play has improved since he teamed up with Ignashevich. I forgot about Di Natale but the other 3 strikers are nowhere near being in Torres/Villa territory. And if Italy progress they will surely also have players suspended.

Spain have been very well behaved and i feel the great Underachievers should beat Italy tommorow and beat Russia again' date=' i dont think any other upfront partnership has the same connections as Torres and Villa to see if Sergio Ramos keeps the ball more than he gaves it away Spain could win[/quote']

I think if Spain didn't have Torres and Villa they would probably lose to Russia. The key is in those two strikers. They completely destroy inadequate centre-backs which Russia have. But against strikers like Toni.Crouch/Drogba Russia's defence is more then good enough to keep in their pocket. And thats why I'd feel they beat Italy unless Di Natale has a good game. So I'd be cheering for Italy.

ANOTHER GOAL ARSHAVIN STILL A LEGEND Well You 35 who voted for Holland are dummies

Why are they dummies???, Its verry logical that they voted for Holland because they played the best football of whole in the Eurocup in the group stage. Holland was amazing. Russia came with good attacking fooball quite late in the tournament (against Zweden) I mean against Spain and Greece they were not that impressive.

I have no idea what happened with Holland but if they played the same football as in the group stage , Holland would have won. But great tactics from Hiddink. he proved he s the best coach in the world. Russia was fantastic with players like Arshavin, Pavelychenko and Zhirkov. But the only two players from Holland who were ,,ok,, were Van der Sar (who deserves to be rated 96) and nigel de jong.

In my opinion is Holland just unlucky because they just did not play to their standard but I have to say:,,well done Russia"...I even think that Russia will rip spain or Italy to pieces in the half final. And germany or turkey will be dead meat aswell. I mean Hiddink has proven he is the best coach in the world.