• Italy
    • Germany
    • Greece
    • Holland
    • Czech Republic
    • Sweden
    • Croatia

Re: Euro 2008

Well I the only one saying that Russia would win because Hiddink is the former Dutch coach and knows how to play against the Dutch squad. Everybody else said he wouldn't be able to figure out how Van Basten would do and Russia aren't as strong as the Netherlands. So for that I say IN YOUR FACE(S)!

Well I the only one saying that Russia would win because Hiddink is the former Dutch coach and knows how to play against the Dutch squad. Everybody else said he wouldn't be able to figure out how Van Basten would do and Russia aren't as strong as the Netherlands. So for that I say IN YOUR FACE(S)!

Or maybe that was just our opinion? I thought Holland would win. Russia beat them. It's no big deal.

Have wanted Russia to win since the Swiss went out, so glad they've made it to the semi's ;)

Thought Russia would have a chance last night but the way they outplayed the Dutch was great, Hiddink is a superb manager.

Arshavin... wow :D The guy is amazing.... if only he wanted to join Exeter on a free :o

If they play like that in the semi's they should make the final, hope they do :)

Actually the odds were against Russia so it wasn't 50/50 lols. Leave me in my glory! :D

Will do. :)

All of my predictions so far have been garbage, so I'll change things tonight.

I think Italy will win, but as all my gut feelings have been wrong I'll swap it around and say Spain will win. :)

Guessing the score is a complete lottery in competitions like this but I'll say Spain 3 - 1 Italy.

Again, I'm probably miles off.

Guest melbguy1

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE SONG THAT GETS PLAYED WHEN SOMEONE SCORES ?

Hi mate the Euro 2008 goal song is called Samba de Janeiro. The one they use in the Euros is a remix' date=' a little faster like the one in the link. :)

[url']

[/url]

And everyone has taken the Italians "Seven Nation Army" chant after every goal..... But I think it gets played at the start of every game as well which maybe has something to do with it....

I have put faith in Italy, and my fantasy team shows it.. it's all or nothing for me today :)

Poor Turkey. They have now lost Nihat due to injury. He won't play any further part in Euro 2008. :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/euro_2008/7363524.stm

They have been comeback kings in this tournament but I think with the injuries and suspensions now that Germany will be a bridge too far for the Turks. Terim was even talking about playing deputy keeper Tolgan Zengin in an outfield position..:eek:

I'm sure this referee has been bribed Villa that was a penalty and Silva that was a free-kick

Haha. I will agree with ya there. Silva was his own worst enemy though. He went down looking like he was play acting... if he didn't exaggerate he prob woulda got the free kick.

Italy just about the better team, but need another striker on to give Toni some support and test that shaky back 4. Full marks for tactics though, even if they are boring. Spain need to get wide more.

Is anyone watching this on BBC1?

How did Alan Shearer get a job as a pundit? He talks rubbish and half of what he says is just common sense, basic information. He doesn't give any insight or bring any knowledge whatsoever.

I think I could get a job at the BBC, sitting on a chair in the studio talking nonsense. :)

Is anyone watching this on BBC1?

How did Alan Shearer get a job as a pundit? He talks rubbish and half of what he says is just common sense' date=' basic information. He doesn't give any insight or bring any knowledge whatsoever.

I think I could get a job at the BBC, sitting on a chair in the studio talking nonsense. :)[/quote']

What?

Alan Shearer is the only good pundit left.

Gavin Peacock retired. Mark Lawerson and Alan Hanson talk poop.

And Martin O'neil is the Aston Villa manager so he is poop!