• Croatia

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Euro 2008 Croatia for me

Re: Euro 2008 Croatia for me too. Might get there shirt.

Re: Euro 2008 1h before the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can post my pictures from Vienna (Aus:Cro) if you want HRVATSKA edit: wow i just realized how hard is to say Hrvats

Guest melbguy1

Re: Euro 2008

hmm wierd..... because

then within a few hours...

sometimes its more important to annoy a forumer than to actually give your opinion... don't you know that Neller!.. geez... get with it.

TBH once you win a game on penalties in a major tournament your whole pride disappears as you know that even if you win the whole thing there will be few bragging rides as people will just say "Yes you won it but you needed a lottery draw on your way to success". I think this may be on Spain's mind in the semi's.

I think that is wishful thinking Krucinho! haha

You can be sure that every footballer/team just wants to win. There will always be times in any tournament/season when you have been outplayed and yet still managed to win. In the end, no-one cares .... a win is a win. The history books don't ever say; yeah Italy were World Champions in 2006 but they won on penalties against France who were unlucky to lose. :P

Anyway, Russia will give Spain a hard time in the semi and I'm not sure who'll be favourite with the bookies. :rolleyes:

Herby

Everything changes after a game Neller!

yeah totaly agree mate, I only posted that bit because you said it "after" Casillas had made the save people were raving about.

which means it wasnt that save which made u think he was better the only other thing he did was the pens were he only saved 1 more than Buffon and it was a poor pen tbh by DN

Spain DESERVED THIS GAME: Italians played like garbage defending as if they wanted the penalties. Spain played great football controlling the game and the only problem was the fact that we weren't finishing our opportunities. And to the comment that we will get destroyed by Russia if we play like this. Be sure that Holland played Horribly, creating little to no opportunities during their game. On a side note, I think everyone played well except Torres, the usual. He has NEVER done anything outside of Liverpool, and deserves to be relegated to 4th Forward, with Raul as second and Guiza as third. Casillas #1.Torres is a disgrace, although all I care about is

VIVA ESPAÑA COÑO

:D :D :D :D :D

Why is everyone sudently talking about Casillias when another goalkeepers is even more underrated.

I mean Van der Sar is at the end of his career and in his golden years. He had a good season at man u. And he was the (one of the) players of Holland on euro 2008. I think he should be 96

Firstly, I respect everyone's opinions. If you think Casillas is better than Buffon then so be it, but I think it's ridiculous to say he is better than Buffon on the basis of one match.

I was on another forum and read a lot of comments along the lines of "wow, Casillas saved two penalties, he pawned Italy, he's far better than Buffon!!!"

For some people, Casillas has suddenly stolen the title of world's best goalkeeper from Buffon because of what he has done in one match. If one match is how SM decide ratings then heck I may send them a ticket about upping Rüştü Reçber from an 88 to a 95 because he pawned Croatia by producing some good saves, one world class, and another in the shootout against Mladen Petric. Doesn't work like that though. By all means, think Casillas is the world's best if you want, but please don't base it on one game. Buffon is the world's best for me, for what he has done over the years.

Marcos Senna was the man of the match for me. His energy is fantastic. He can speed the game up or slow it down. He has good vision, he can hit a lovely shot and he can tackle well. Plus, he never stops working. He doesn't get the credit he deserves. The Spanish are through to the semis now, which is obviously the main aim but they labored to a win over a very below par Italy. The Italians were missing Nesta, Totti, Pirlo, Gattuso and Cannavaro. Spain will need to play a lot better against Russia.

How can spain possibly do anything against a team tat has 10 men in there own half, when the Italians started to stretch, Spain broke them down alot more easy, even when Italy were playing for the draw in the first 90 mins spain still created chances, Italy were very lucky, to even make it to extra time. Hasnt Totti retired from international footy ?

And even with those players they still would of been as defensive if not more.

Why is everyone sudently talking about Casillias when another goalkeepers is even more underrated.

I mean Van der Sar is at the end of his career and in his golden years. He had a good season at man u. And he was the (one of the) players of Holland on euro 2008. I think he should be 96

Thank you mate, finally somebody agrees with me. Although Van Der Sar is old he might be at the best point of his career. He is playing very well and he should definitely be up there for consideration with the other greats.

I agree' date=' It will be hard bridge for Turkey to cross and without Arda, Tuncay, Nihat you can't fancy them :([/quote']

Forget Arda, Tuncay and Nihat. How about the whole team?

The last time I checked Turkey have 14 available players. So a starting line up + 3 substitutes. And one of the substitutes is a goalkeeper. So unless Turkey want to sub in their goalkeeper they only have 2 available subs!! :eek:

Arbeit they have been unlucky with injuries but many are suspensions and thats there own fault and should suffer for there indiscipline. I hear Turkey are requesting that they ave special treatment and are allowed to call up new players even though when you were allowed they turned the chance down.

Guest melbguy1

Arbeit they have been unlucky with injuries but many are suspensions and thats there own fault and should suffer for there indiscipline. I hear Turkey are requesting that they ave special treatment and are allowed to call up new players even though when you were allowed they turned the chance down.

ahhh, Turkey, the LFC of Euro 2008:D

Ya, I posted a link to an article about that 2 pages back. But Turkey haven't asked for the special treatment, UEFA are just pondering whether or not they should give Turkey the call up option. Although I don't think Fatih Terim wants to.

I believe that the officiating has been horrible this year. It has been so bad that in every single game I have seen so many dives. Because when a dive is called and you get a free kick doesn't that just encourage the player to dive even more. Many people are saying that diving is ruining the sport (which I believe) but you could also say that poor officiating is ruining the game.

The bad officiating affected everybody but I think that that's a reason why so many players are out for Turkey. Especially that one referee who was doing the Czech - Turkey game. He made some horrible calls!! Still good luck to Turkey.

It's an awkward situation for Turkey. Yes they've got a lot of injuries, but if they hadn't also picked up so many suspensions then they wouldn't need to ask to call up more players. UEFA have apparently turned down their request so it doesn't matter. But i recall Germany being allowed to call up extra players in Euro 96.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_19960629/ai_n14046949

ahhh' date=' Turkey, the LFC of Euro 2008:D[/quote']

:D in fairness they always bend the rules for teams which actually cross that thing called a half way line :P

A certain team in this tourney everytime they reached that line was like woahhhhh is that!, hey Gatusso look how small Buffon looks from here!!! man we better run back lets just launch it to Toni and run back to the safe box thing :D

Guest melbguy1

:D in fairness they always bend the rules for teams which actually cross that thing called a half way line :P

A certain team in this tourney everytime they reached that line was like woahhhhh is that!' date=' hey Gatusso look how small Buffon looks from here!!! man we better run back lets just launch it to Toni and run back to the safe box thing :D[/quote']

:D yes, Italy's tactics after game 1 were disgraceful... and I can admit it... maybe one day you can admit something too :P

A certain team in this tourney everytime they reached that line was like woahhhhh is that!' date=' hey Gatusso look how small Buffon looks from here!!! man we better run back lets just launch it to Toni and run back to the safe box thing :D[/quote']

Sounds like England...

Hey let's just hit it long up to Crouch or any of our other "strikers" and then when it comes back we'll pass along the back four for 15 minutes..

How can spain possibly do anything against a team tat has 10 men in there own half' date=' when the Italians started to stretch, Spain broke them down alot more easy, even when Italy were playing for the draw in the first 90 mins spain still created chances,[/b'] Italy were very lucky, to even make it to extra time. Hasnt Totti retired from international footy ?

And even with those players they still would of been as defensive if not more.

I don't totally agree with ya mate. Yes Italy did have 10 men behind the ball but Spain could have done much better. They would get the darn ball into the Italian third and then keep passing it around (excessively if u ask me) and iin the process would loose the ball cheaply. They had the ball but did not do anything much with it. They played too cautiously. They never took any real risks. They never really went for the Italian jugular. ;)

And what Villa was doing i really don't know. He has just not been himself the last two matches that he has played in i.e. Sweden and Italy. Yes he did score the winnig goal against Sweden but he did pretty much nothing else. He has just not performed after the first game. In the past two games he has always been coming back to defended and has left Torres as the lone striker. I've seen Villa play loads of time as he is my fav player but thats not what he does no a regular basis. He has just not performed like he did in the first game. It was only towrds the end of the game against Italy (once Torres came off) that he started playing like himself and got into some really brilliant possitions. It was only in late in extra time that we saw the real Villa immerge. ;)

I think Villa is making a big mistake by constantly comming back into the Spanish half. He should be in the other half waiting with Torres (like in the first game) waiting to pounce on a chance and score a goal. Only then will Spain really be able to score goals. :)

Sounds like England...

Hey let's just hit it long up to Crouch or any of our other "strikers" and then when it comes back we'll pass along the back four for 15 minutes..

mmm yea that would be all good and well if our defenders could pass it along the back four for 15 minutes but we would just give it away :)

and England are not the world champions nor will they be for a long time.