• Italy
    • Germany
    • Greece
    • Holland
    • Czech Republic
    • Sweden
    • Croatia

Re: Euro 2008

I see Holland have gained quite a few votes since beating the team that didn't bother turning up. :P

I think I'm going to wait until they play again before I decide how good they are though... they did look impressive the other night, but I'm not sure how much of that was down to Italy being so awful. Here's what was wrong with Italy (apart from the tactics not suiting the players on the pitch)... Nesta, Cannavaro, De Rossi, Totti.

Switzerland v Turkey was brilliant. :P

One question though... who goes through if Czech Rep and Turkey draw next week? Head to head, goal difference and goals scored will all be equal. Am I right in thinking it goes down to number of yellow/red cards? :confused:

Looking forward to Germany v Croatia tomorrow, although if the Croats don't improve massively on their last performance they're going to get slaughtered. They were lucky to beat Austria. :rolleyes:

Poland should be able to get 3 points without too much trouble.

I see Holland have gained quite a few votes since beating the team that didn't bother turning up. :P

I think I'm going to wait until they play again before I decide how good they are though... they did look impressive the other night' date=' but I'm not sure how much of that was down to Italy being so awful. Here's what was wrong with Italy (apart from the tactics not suiting the players on the pitch)... Nesta, Cannavaro, De Rossi, Totti.

[b']Switzerland v Turkey was brilliant. :P

One question though... who goes through if Czech Rep and Turkey draw next week? Head to head, goal difference and goals scored will all be equal. Am I right in thinking it goes down to number of yellow/red cards? :confused: [/b]

Looking forward to Germany v Croatia tomorrow, although if the Croats don't improve massively on their last performance they're going to get slaughtered. They were lucky to beat Austria. :rolleyes:

Poland should be able to get 3 points without too much trouble.

i answered the question here..-> http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=324339&postcount=188

English commentator said Bilic is a good upcomming manager :eek: thats the understatement of the tournament yet. On a plus side I never herd them mention England but then again I only watched the last 20 minutes :)

England were mentioned quite a few times in the first half :P

English commentator said Bilic is a good upcomming manager :eek: thats the understatement of the tournament yet. On a plus side I never herd them mention England but then again I only watched the last 20 minutes :)

Those English commentators talk a load of %*$!

Is John Motson at the Euros? There's your man for understatements and bull%*$! in general. Never have I heard so much tripe from one man. Some stupid Motson quotes -

"Nearly all the Brazilian supporters are wearing yellow shirts - it's a fabulous kaleidoscope of colour" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

"The World Cup is a truly International event" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

"That shot might not have been as good as it might have been" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The worst part of the Euros is having to listen to the slurps as Alan Hansen, Alan Shearer and Andy Townsend lick eachothers bums with their tactical assessments after the game...

Guest the plummer

Deutschland Deutschland Aufwiedersehen Aufwiedersehen Aufwiedersehen

Haha found that funny when the croats started singing it ' date=' funily enoug i am supporting croatia as they put out the scum[/b']

Deutschland Deutschland Aufwiedersehen Aufwiedersehen Aufwiedersehen

Haha how typical .... the croations are gloating! :eek: And fair enough, they beat one of the favourites and deservedly so, but I think we both know that means little once you get to the knockout phase and Germany will be there. ;) If anything, as a german fan, I'm glad we had a loss and reality check so that the team realises what lies ahead. :)

p.s. WTH was Loew thinking bringing on Odonkor??? That guy is friggin useless :mad:

Thank the ref for giving the penalty :P

I might be the only one to think this but I do believe the ref tonight was the best of the tournament so far, after the 3 yellows incident in the 2006 World Cup, English refs have been looked upon differently I think, tonight I think the refereeing was exceptional, he didn't fall for play acting( as Bobo calls it {diving to you and me ;) ) like ALL the others have so far throughout the tournament, he let the game flow and really did well.....

I was glad that penalty was given, gave me a correct scoreline on the EURO Predict, get in!!

Great for Croatia, I support them after they stopped England qualifying....They played amazing, as well as the Germans played badly....Who said they would miss Eduardo? No signs of that what so ever, so far....

Cant wait for France v Holland, just hope the French attack will liven up a bit....

Who said they would miss Eduardo? No signs of that what so ever' date=' so far....[/quote']

Luckily Olic managed to rise in form since joining HSV and he became very useful.

But with Eduardo we would definitely be much stronger. With him in the team players are more confident