• Italy
    • Germany
    • Greece
    • Holland
    • Czech Republic
    • Sweden
    • Croatia

Re: Euro 2008

Saha is not the player he used to be, whether its injury or lack of first team minutes he is just not good enough....

The strikers that were picked are much better (for clubs) and thats why Saha didn't have a look in...

Sidney Govou shouldn't have even been considered IMO, what a waste of space he is....

Saha is a crock. He wasn't included in the French squad because he hasn't played much for United this season. His recurring injuries this season probably just put Domenech off. Or maybe Domenech saw in the stars that having Saha whose star sign is Leo would affect the equilibrium of his team.. :D

It's s good thing I'm not French then because I'm a Leo myself.

Yeah That is basically why he never got picked. Not enough game time.

I'm glad Arshavin is in the starting line up for Russia. He is their best player by a country mile and he could well make the difference in tonights game. Hiddink said that he has a lack of game fitness and game rhythm so it will be interesting to see if he can put the gears in motion for Russia tonight.

There is a place in the quarters at stake here so hopefully the game will be a cracker. I'll go for a Sweden win, with Ibrahimovic getting on the scoresheet.

Sagnol and Thuram were both 'emotionally not ready'. Personally France is a joke right now. I watched 500 minutes of Nasri football and he's average and Benzema personally dispointed me when up against some good defenders. And apart from Nasri/Benzema/Ben-Afra they hardly have any upcoming youth. I think French football is dead and the current squad apart from Ribbery are too old and even lack technical ability dare I say. I wouldn't be surprised if they fail to make world-cup. Such a shame as they were a very good generation of footballers Zidane/Thuram/Makelele.

I think that today for once Russia defended very well.

Their defence has looked a lot stronger since they dropped the godawful Shirokov and put Ignashevich (their best CB imo) back in. Personally, I think Hiddink needs to drop Kolodin too if Russia are going to stand any chance against Holland. Ignashevich and the Berezutsky twins always looked the strongest combination imo, although Anyukov hasn't done too badly.

Guest melbguy1

Guys a very random question but which game did Tony Parker' date=' Eva and Federer go for. Holland vs Romania or Italy vs France ??? :)[/quote']

well since Parker is french i'm assuming he was going for France..

Guest melbguy1

so this is it.... the dreaded knockout phase...

first up.. Germany V Portugal !

Comfortable win by Germany? I only ask that question because Germany seem to have the pedigree to play smart in knockout games.

well since Parker is french i'm assuming he was going for France..

Comfortable win by Germany? I only ask that question because Germany seem to have the pedigree to play smart in knockout games.

I don't really think so mate. I thin it is gonna be a really close game. I have no clue who is gonna win but i have a feeling that Klose is going to play a big part in this game. ;)

P.S. Hope Germany win :D

BTW is Podolski playing this game or is he injured ??? :confused:

I don't really think so mate. I thin it is gonna be a really close game. I have no clue who is gonna win but i have a feeling that Klose is going to play a big part in this game. ;)

P.S. Hope Germany win :D

BTW is Podolski playing this game or is he injured ??? :confused:

Podolski has been passed fit. Can't wait for the match to start. I think it will be tight and Portugal will just edge it.

are you seeing the EURO is ESPN Classics or what? is better you find other channel TV to see this EURO.. Portugal will win with some difficulties due to his goalkeeper.. that puts our hearts beating more fast.. he is a butter hands.. i bet in a 1-0 to Portugal.. Germany will play all game behind..

Guest melbguy1

are you seeing the EURO is ESPN Classics or what? is better you find other channel TV to see this EURO.. Portugal will win with some difficulties due to his goalkeeper.. that puts our hearts beating more fast.. he is a butter hands.. i bet in a 1-0 to Portugal.. Germany will play all game behind..

trust me when I say, UNFORTUNATELY YES, espn is what I get :(

i guess that was my point, Germany will play behind/counter-attacking type football which is 'smarter' in a knockout game, as opposed to flooding forward... it was only a question though...

trust me when I say' date=' UNFORTUNATELY YES, espn is what I get :(

i guess that was my point, Germany will play behind/counter-attacking type football which is 'smarter' in a knockout game, as opposed to flooding forward... it was only a question though...[/quote']

Germany performed very poorly against Austria so I think they will want to come out and prove something rather than play "smarter" defensive football.....I might be wrong but hey...

I think Portugal will win but you can never cou8nt a German team out in a tournament, they always look down and out and then produce the goods when its needed....

Now its just to see who gets past the "weaker" side of the draw....:P

Germany performed very poorly against Austria so I think they will want to come out and prove something rather than play "smarter" defensive football.....I might be wrong but hey...

I think Portugal will win but you can never cou8nt a German team out in a tournament' date=' they always look down and out and then produce the goods when its needed....

Now its just to see who gets past the "weaker" side of the draw....:P[/quote']

What I said is how its going so far!! They are trying to prove themselves....

I think Germany are seriously up for this, a great passing move ended in a quality goal...

I have always said that Poalo Ferreira is the weak link at LB, If I was coaching against Portugal I would play one good right winger and aim everything at him....