• Germany
    • Greece
    • Holland
    • Czech Republic
    • Sweden
    • Croatia

Re: Euro 2008

2-1 now.

Made by Deco with his run' date=' a lovely pass to Simao and a great ball to Ronaldo.

His shot is saved, but Nuno Gomes finished from 6 yards out.[/quote']

What a game we have on our hands !!! :eek:

I can't wait for the second half. :D

Common u Germans, give Ronaldo some grief !!!! :D After all the bugger has been giving alot to united. ;)

Hard to win when you can't defend..

hard to win when we play against 14.. i thought in EURO were the best teams, the best coachs and the best referees.. but they are the weak part of this EURO.. is needed another referee in 'big areas'

3-2 by Postiga..

It's all over !!! :D

Portugal 2-3 Germany !!! :D

Postiga's late goal really did give the German's something to worry abpout but at the end of the day its Germany in the semis !!!!

Bastian was the MOM imo. He had a brilliant game. But Germany did play well as a team. Lets see how far they manage to go. ;):)

Can't wait for 2moro's game :P

with that referee, a para-Olympic team with players in wheelchairs or with mental deficiency won surely the game against Portugal.. hard when players run, sweat the t-shirt and someone favor the other team.. was better before the game start the referee talks with Portuguese players/coach saying ' by more than you run you will never win it' and i bet Portugal never started the game.. referees that got his job in raffles and have fear of German fans maying them threat his son and family.. perfect shame..

Best team won tonight I think. Germany looked far stronger as a unit than Portugal (strong in some areas, weak in others). Nice to see Portugal beaten by a dubious goal too. They've been bending the rules for far too long (mostly by throwing themselves to the ground at every opportunity)... nice to see them beaten at their own game for once. :P

Umm. You seem to be very sure.

But don't forget who Russia's coach is. Gus Hiddink' date=' Netherlands citizen and former coach. He knows the dutch like the inside of his palm.[/quote']

He obviously knows a lot about the Dutch but alas he can't read the mind of Van Basten and his side are up against a Dutch team that has humiliated Italy and France with some fantastic attacking football.

Hiddink is a great coach but I think Holland will have too much for Russia.

He obviously knows a lot about the Dutch but alas he can't read the mind of Van Basten and his side are up against a Dutch team that has humiliated Italy and France with some fantastic attacking football.

Hiddink is a great coach but I think Holland will have too much for Russia.

Russia are a very attacking team....

Holland are an amazing counter attack team....

Should be great, end to end hopefully....!!!

I think with Arshavin being back for Russia then they will cause problems and will score but I just think Holland will be too good!!

with that referee' date=' a para-Olympic team with players in wheelchairs or with mental deficiency won surely the game against Portugal.. hard when players run, sweat the t-shirt and someone favor the other team.. was better before the game start the referee talks with Portuguese players/coach saying ' by more than you run you will never win it' and i bet Portugal never started the game.. referees that got his job in raffles and have fear of German fans maying them threat his son and family.. perfect shame..[/quote']

I think you were watching a repeat of a Euro 2004 game because you certainly weren't watching the live game last night. Maybe a few decisions didn't go Portugal's way but that is not why they lost against Germany. Once again Germany produced the goods when it mattered most - something that Portugal failed to do at Euro 2004, World Cup 2006 and now at Euro 2008. Scolari joked that his side would have trouble with the height of the Germans, and they did. He wasn't laughing last night. They were simply outplayed by the Germans and their defence was a joke. Unfortunately for Scolari his new job will see him inherit 3 members of that comedic defence. Bosingwa was fantastic going forward but he's a defender and all his problems came when he had to defend, not attack.

Ronaldo went missing completely in the second half and then showed his petulant side by walking straight off the pitch at the final whistle. His team mates were left to wave at the fans who had traveled far to give them great support. Ballack was the player who looked truly world class last night, not Ronaldo. He shaped the play for Germany and I find it hilarious that he sent his new boss Scolari packing. :)

I think you were watching a repeat of a Euro 2004 game because you certainly weren't watching the live game last night. Maybe a few decisions didn't go Portugal's way but that is not why they lost against Germany. Once again Germany produced the goods when it mattered most - something that Portugal failed to do at Euro 2004' date=' World Cup 2006 and now at Euro 2008. Scolari joked that his side would have trouble with the height of the Germans, and they did. He wasn't laughing last night. They were simply outplayed by the Germans and their defence was a joke. Unfortunately for Scolari his new job will see him inherit 3 members of that comedic defence. Bosingwa was fantastic going forward but he's a defender and all his problems came when he had to defend, not attack.

Ronaldo went missing completely in the second half and then showed his petulant side by walking straight off the pitch at the final whistle. His team mates were left to wave at the fans who had traveled far to give them great support. Ballack was the player who looked truly world class last night, not Ronaldo. He shaped the play for Germany and I find it hilarious that he sent his new boss Scolari packing. :)[/quote']

at least a decision had direct influence in result and gave 2 goals advantage to Germany.. for me the best player of the game was Deco.. and don't forget.. in Chelsea Scolari can buy players to defense but in Portugal he can't naturalize players by hook and by crook..

Guest msissio

with that referee' date=' a para-Olympic team with players in wheelchairs or with mental deficiency won surely the game against Portugal.. hard when players run, sweat the t-shirt and someone favor the other team.. was better before the game start the referee talks with Portuguese players/coach saying ' by more than you run you will never win it' and i bet Portugal never started the game.. referees that got his job in raffles and have fear of German fans maying them threat his son and family.. perfect shame..[/quote']

LOL now you know how we Italians felt like earluier in the tournament. :P