Pereira RAFAEL CARIOCA - Grêmio

Tostao

Before anyone shoots themselves in the leg, this player has been mentioned quite a few times before on these forums, but never times in much detail and I thought he deserved his own thread.

He is currently 18 years of age, turning 19 on the 18th of June(Born 18/06/89)

He plays for 3rd place Grêmio in the Brazilian League.

He has started all of their 3 games this season, playing the full 90 minutes in each game, which equals to a total of 270 minutes out of 270 minutes.

He is currently rated 74 on the Database as a CM, but I would expect his position to be adjusted to CM/RM.

His SoccerManager value is at 370k but his Chairman value should allow you to purchase him for under 250k.

I read a post today that the Brazilian ratings may be canceled this time around, but in that case, if he carries on playing antill the next Brazilian rating changes come, don't be surprised if he gets a increase of 10+.

If that is not the case and the Brazilian ratings will be reviewed during this week, I think he could reach 80, but even if he doesn't, he is definitely a future investment and definitely one to purchase at 250k or so.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Pereira RAFAEL CARIOCA - Grêmio

the brazilian ratings were never cancelled, the official line from SM is that due to only 3 games being played in the Brazilian season it is to see to raise/decrease any players.

And another point, he does look like a very good prospect, but even if he is rated this week there is no way after 3 games he will go up to 80. It is to big a rise for to few games.

It is more likely as you said to gain a large rating increase next time round rather than this time.

rep from me though:p

Again completed the full 90.

He will turn 19 in two weeks and two days, so see if you can try buy him on the 18th of June as you can buy him for even cheaper.

Only rated 74 remember.

With the Brazilian ratings canceled, we could be looking at an increase of 10 or more in the next changes.

• 3 weeks later...

Since I last posted, Gremio have played two games, Carioca didn't play any part in the match against Fluminense, but started and finished the match on the field in the following match against Goias.

Gremio have played 6 games this season, with Carioca starting 5.

Hes only rated 74 as I mentioned before, and turned 19 a couple of days ago.

**SNAP HIM UP BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE**

have in most my teams mate,, nice vid,, looks like he like to put it about a bit too ,,,,he would do awrite in the SPL lol,, a few wee twist and turns similar to Fergie, (and his tacklin lol ) might send it in to walter and ally for a laugh:) :) :)

Guest Atkin

Great find mate.

Ill definitely be getting him.

Do you think he could rise more than +10 if he keeps playing?

Or is he going to get +10 if he keeps playing? (If that makes sense)

Anyway, rep from me. ;)

Great find mate.

Ill definitely be getting him.

Do you think he could rise more than +10 if he keeps playing?

Or is he going to get +10 if he keeps playing? (If that makes sense)

Anyway' date=' rep from me. ;) [/center']

I think he can definitely reach +10 or more when the Brazilian ratings are underway, maybe even a bigger rise if he carries on the way he is.

Gremio first teamer's have ratings of 85-88, and with them being in the position they are now, most of those first teamer's will rise anyway.

He got a +6, a decent rise, but SoccerManager have again got this wrong. He has been part of Gremio's backbone this season, one of their best players this season and one of their most consistent performers this season.

Should of atleast got 82.

Before anyone shoots themselves in the leg' date=' this player has been mentioned quite a few times before on these forums, but never times in much detail and I thought he deserved his own thread.

He is currently 18 years of age, turning 19 on the 18th of June(Born 18/06/89)

He plays for 3rd place Grêmio in the Brazilian League.

He has started all of their 3 games this season, playing the full 90 minutes in each game, which equals to a total of 270 minutes out of 270 minutes.

He is currently rated 74 on the Database as a CM, but I would expect his position to be adjusted to CM/RM.

His SoccerManager value is at 370k but his Chairman value should allow you to purchase him for under 250k.

I read a post today that the Brazilian ratings may be canceled this time around, but in that case, if he carries on playing antill the next Brazilian rating changes come, don't be surprised if he gets a increase of 10+.

If that is not the case and the Brazilian ratings will be reviewed during this week, I think he could reach 80, but even if he doesn't, he is definitely a future investment and definitely one to purchase at 250k or so.[/quote']

Good find

Repped!!!!

He got a +6' date=' a decent rise, but SoccerManager have again got this wrong. He has been part of Gremio's backbone this season, one of their best players this season and one of their most consistent performers this season.

Should of atleast got 82.[/quote']

Not to mention Gremio are second. I predicted 82-84, and in lukelufc's thread he predicted 82. Should definitely have got at least 82.

• 3 months later...

OK, just an update on this guy. Some may have thought that he was just a spare player covering for injuries when I first posted on him, but since the beginning of the season he's astonishingly started all 24 games league games. A stat only topped by the fact that he's also racked up an amazing 2087 minutes in the process. Him only getting a +6 in the last rating changes has turned out to be a blessing in disguise for all you people haven't brought him yet. Bare in mind the Brazilian rating changes are quite a while away, so who knows, maybe he will have started all the possible games for current joint top leaders Gremio by then.

He's only rated at 80 so he should be staring an 85, 86 or 87 in the face for sure. An even sweeter rise if you like me first purchased him at 74. A potential +11, 12 or 13 overall rise might only seem satisfactory for some of you bargain chasers, but I promise you his rating will carry on increasing. I will highly, highly recommend you not to sell this little gem if you have him, but buy him as soon as possible if you've not acquired his contract yet.

Had this guy since he was a 74 and am looking forward to him getting another +6 at least. Do you know if there's been any talk of him moving to Europe? I would've thought a youngster playing every week for the top side has surely attracted some interest.

My dilemma will be do i sell him once he gets his 86-87.

Archived