Re: 4-4-1-1

With regular players in each position and an AM behind the front striker what tactics would get the best out of this formation' date=' and does it even work at all with the modern day match engine?[/quote']

I think Sm shouyld drop some hints and tips of how the modern day tactics work, as we all got used to the old one and its not so easy to adjust.

As for your question, no idea

(the images on your sig are showing the connection has timed out:confused: )

The answer to your question.. Greig Spence! His Stuttgart won the German league in GC7 with the 4-4-1-1 formation, and it has won me two consecutive titles in GC8 along with a cup win and two group progressions in the SMFA. I stole it off Greig and use Hard tackling, Attacking mentality, Attacking down both flanks and use tight marking and one CM as a play maker.

I think Sm shouyld drop some hints and tips of how the modern day tactics work' date=' as we all got used to the old one and its not so easy to adjust.

As for your question, no idea

(the images on your sig are showing the connection has timed out:confused: )[/quote']

Mine sig works fine in my browser. I agree about SM match engine changes. One week 3-4-2-1 is the most successful formation in the world the next week any 3 defender formation becomes useless. I really don't get this inconsistency.

The answer to your question.. Greig Spence! His Stuttgart won the German league in GC7 with the 4-4-1-1 formation' date=' and it has won me two consecutive titles in GC8 along with a cup win and two group progressions in the SMFA. I stole it off Greig and use Hard tackling, Attacking mentality, Attacking down both flanks and use tight marking and one CM as a play maker.[/quote']

Hi Ross,

Would you use a target man too? I have attached an image of the team and tactics i will be using tonight, could you please tell me if they are looking okay and if there is anything i should change. And just to let you know i am playing werder bremen at home and they use the 4-2-4 formation.

Currenttactics.png

Thanks alot :). Click here if image does not come up automatically.

Ive used 4-4-1-1 all season and it has worked the majority of the time. This is how I play:

Almunia

Belletti---Jagielka---Wheater---Ronny

Benayoun---Noble---Bradley---Robson

-----------Vonlanthen

I. Miller---------

Tackling Style: Hard

Mentality: Normal

Passing Style: Short

Attacking Style: Through the Middle

Tempo: Slow

Pressing: Own Half

Men Behind Ball

Use Playmaker (Vonlanthen)

Use Target Man (Miller)

Well this is how I'm planning to use my team. Do you think it will work:

==========Cassilas

Ramos=Nesta=Cannavaro=Gallas/Cordoba/Lahm

Riquelme=Juninho=Diarra=Ribbery

=============VDV/Diego

=========Van Nistelrooy

Style:

Hard

Attacking

Mixed

Down Both Flanks

Normal (tempo)

Own Half

Tight Marking

Juninho as play maker

=============================

This is a very important part of the season for me and if I drop any more points I could be out of the title race.

Ross: You use a F or CF as the lone striker up front?

In this formation i use either a AM or an F as the striker who plays off the top one but as the top one i always use a CF. For instance for my Plymouth Argyle i play Raul in the first forward position and Bendtner in the top one and has worked for me as i finished 5th in division 1. I also use Raul as playmaker. :)