Douglas Costa

Gizb

Re: Douglas Costa

Ok so you mate has him for over a month' date=' you've had him(whatever day pops into your head :rolleyes: ) ....... but the difference in TB dates is ONLY 13 days....so how has your mate had him for a month? Unless were you come from a month only has 13 days of course!

ok so you class "a while ago" as 3 days? To me "a while ago" means at the very least 3-4 weeks, months!! you making up stories again???

100% correct! If I took a screenshot of the new players page it would show him at my team! Doesnt mean I bought him before he was added to DB.[/quote']

GazzoD, just drop it. He's not going to answer you, and nobody cares any more (except you appraently). Just be happy that you've bought this guy now and he's gonna be class in the future. :)

You kiddies realize that players are added to the DB as stealth for some time before going public, right? That's to give the scouts who recommended time to snap them up in their leagues. So everyone just back off and chill. SM isn't a shouting forum.

As for COSTA, I'm pumped to have gotten him in GC11. I'm bummed Chelsea got him just before me in GC31 :(.

He's going to be a star for sure.

You kiddies realize that players are added to the DB as stealth for some time before going public' date=' right? That's to give the scouts who recommended time to snap them up in their leagues. [b']So everyone just back off and chill.[/b] SM isn't a shouting forum.

As for COSTA, I'm pumped to have gotten him in GC11. I'm bummed Chelsea got him just before me in GC31 :(.

He's going to be a star for sure.

Chelsea would be me. :P Bargain at £1.8 million. :D

And yeah he is gonna be. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I've heard that his buyout clause is actually £13.5m, which sounds fairer.

I was wondering, does anybody watch him play regularly? Does he even play regularly?

Edit: Nice YouTube video

. 10 minutes long and worth a watch.

He seems quite dominantly left-footed, rarely using his right, seems to play on the wings, although that might not always be his position. He has Messi-esque balance when he's dribbling in the way that even when he's being hassled he keeps his balance and gets away from the defender (although of course this video only shows the successful dribble attempts he makes). He can also take free-kicks and penalties too.

He seems like a quick lad, with and without the ball, are more hardworking than Ronaldo, as he is willing to chase the ball when he loses it (like Tevez would). He's got a good range of passing too (sometimes with his right foot), not afraid to try some tricks or to pass with the outside of his boot, and, most importantly, he looks a teamplayer.

MS' date=' I do whenever I get a chance. He only plays 10 mins or so a game, not enough to get a good read. I've seen him have a few great games in the past though. Sky's the limit, needs consistency.[/quote']

Hopefully he'll gain that consistency over time. Is his potential worth £13.5m in your opinion?

• 1 month later...

Despite Euro medias comparing him to Robinho and Ronaldinho, domestic media have taken to comparing him with Lulinha, Kerlon and Kleberson.

Another disappointing effort yesterday in a 4-1 win over Flamengo (most of the goals came after his substitution). He was quite invisible, and still refuses to show that skill of his. I've seen it once, in a Campeonato Gaucho match, but am always left wanting more.

Ton of potential, but I'd be careful with him from now on :(

• 4 months later...

Ukrainian outfit Shakhtar Donetsk have completed the transfer of highly rated Brazilian youngster Douglas Costa from Gremio for a reported fee of €12 million.

The attacking midfielder has been continually linked with a move to Europe in the past couple of months, with world giants such as Manchester United and Milan on the list of admirers of the 19-year-old's abilities.

Shakhtar have acquired 80% of the player's transfer rights and Gremio will receive 15% of the transfer fee in the event of Douglas moving on from Shakhtar in the future.

"This transfer was in everybody's interest. Douglas asked us to sell him and we needed the money to satisfy our creditors," said Gremio president Duda Kroeff during a press conference.

Costa will travel to Ukraine on Friday and will be presented to the press later this month.

The young midfielder is Shakhtar's second big signing of the winter transfer window. They have also secured the services of Alex Teixeira from Vasco da Gama.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...