Which player(s) will shine at Euro 2008 and earn an increase?

Dave Leigh

Re: Which player(s) will shine at Euro 2008 and earn an increase?

Robben's another player to add to that list of under-rated players.

When fully fit, Robben has to be up there in the top 5 wingers in the world. He is fantastic. Thing about him is that he isn't scared to take players on. He just runs at them and has great skill to hold onto the ball. It's like the ball is glued to the outside of his boot. Fantastic technical player, once he has that ball on the edge of the box things will happen and we saw that tonight. Cracking goal too.

He is playing well internationally however I'd like to know how he'll play in Germany. He seems like a guy who will be quite successful but not amazing.

You're probably right but he will definetly get an increase of rating.

And with price of £6,460,000 he is a good buy. :)

You're probably right but he will definetly get an increase of rating.

And with price of £6' date='460,000 he is a good buy. :)[/quote']

Ya, I'm sure that he'll rise and he is really cheap right now.

I've even gotten a 40 mil bid for him in a GC. :D

Villa is the man so far, just like i said he could have been. So i don't always talk rubbish anyway lol. Young Derdiyok has impressed too, even though his team were the first out. He could go up a couple but will need to start the season in the team probably, unless he moves. Only need Nani to get a game as i'm certain he will impress if given a real chance, and with Portugal already through, it looks like he'll get one: http://msnsport.skysports.com/football/euro2008/match-preview/0,23136,13954_2925796,00.html

Domenech is an idiot as-well, something else me and a few others were right about. That Gomis has looked terrible in this tournament, and i can't believe he called him up instead of Trezeguet. What a plonker.

So what now guys!!

1-0

2-0

2-1

2-2

2-3

Then Volkan gets sent off and Tuncay goes in net!! :eek:

Amazing' date=' best game I've seen in my whole life!!

Idon't even know what to say, we're going to beat Croatia next!! :eek:[/quote']

We talking about this on Euro 2008 thread LKK.

You gotta join us!

So what now guys!!

1-0

2-0

2-1

2-2

2-3

Then Volkan gets sent off and Tuncay goes in net!! :eek:

Amazing' date=' best game I've seen in my whole life!!

Idon't even know what to say, we're going to beat Croatia next!! :eek:[/quote']

lol ano, wat a match. but y did baros get a yellow card?

did u hear the commentators, talking about a spaceship landing lol

lol ano' date=' wat a match. but y did baros get a yellow card?

did u hear the commentators, talking about a spaceship landing lol[/quote']

I think Baros was talking sh*t or something. But I can't believe Tuncay went in net! That game was simply amazing!

****! I lost interest after 70 minutes, thought Turkey were out. Turned it back on and less than a minute later Nihat equalised, and then 2 minutes later won it! What a game, 2 goals in the last 3 minutes, keeper sent off (what an idiot, now Turkey will have to use their sub) and a substitute booked! ****!

Don't worry, Turkey's sub is amazing. I actually prefer him over Volkan, it's Rustu. Anybody who watched the 2002 world cup will know he is/was amazing. He even signed for Barcelona but a new coach came in so he didn't get playing time. Unfortunate but hopefully he's still as good as he used to be.

Don't worry' date=' Turkey's sub is amazing. I actually prefer him over Volkan, it's Rustu. Anybody who watched the 2002 world cup will know he is/was amazing.[/quote']

Mate that world cup was 6 years ago :eek: he is in semi retirement according to the commentators tonight so I doubt he's the player he was..

Mate that world cup was 6 years ago :eek: he is in semi retirement according to the commentators tonight so I doubt he's the player he was..

I realize that he's older now but it just shows that he's capable.

And what are these commentators on about? Rustu is the starting keeper for Besiktas. How can he be in semi-retirement?

I know Rustu (or Recber as he's known as in England), but Volkan has had a magnificent tournament and I think Turkey could miss him, plus Rustu's not been playing for a while so he might be a bit rusty (no pun intended).

PS. My mate said "We won a game we had lost". lol :D

I know Rustu (or Recber as he's known as in England)' date=' but Volkan has had a magnificent tournament and I think Turkey could miss him, plus Rustu's not been playing for a while so he might be a bit rusty (no pun intended).

PS. My mate said "We won a game we had lost". lol :D[/quote']

They'd call him Recber anywhere in the world except for Turkey because if you haven't noticed in Turkey they call all the players by their first name.

They'd call him Recber anywhere in the world except for Turkey because if you haven't noticed in Turkey they call all the players by their first name.

It's the same in India (there's an Indian kid at out school).

It's the same in India (there's an Indian kid at out school).

Lol, you only have 1 indian kid at your school? I guess it's different for Canada because there's so much diversity here.

That's off topic though. Svejk, we're usually friends but not until the game is over mate.......... I HATE YOU (kidding) :D

I was cheering for our Slavic brothers (yeah right :D )' date=' too bad that they lost.

So Croatia - Turkey

EDIT: oops, wrong topic[/quote']

Me too. :D

It will be another hard game...Croatians will be more rested due to resting some important players(Modric,Kranjcar,Olic,Kovac,Corluka etc.) against Poland...But Turkey is very good team and we shouldn't be 100% sure of winning like Germans did against us(Croatia).

Just quickly i think Holland will win Euro 2008 and players to watch out for is Sneijder, Robben, Benzema(will shine if they get through the group) and the player most to look out for is Podolski

Shock player Turan Arda of Turkey and he will get a rise soon.