Sign in to follow this  
Dave Leigh

Which player(s) will shine at Euro 2008 and earn an increase?

Re: Which player(s) will shine at Euro 2008 and earn an increase?

I want Spain to win it, but I have a feeling Germany will win beating Holland in the final. Don't ask me why. I reckon Huntelaar will shine - he's already said he's going to use the tournament to put his name in the market. Mario Gomez as well, and I reckon Ronaldo will prove the people that say he can't perform in big games wrong.

I think Croatia will be the dark horses, even without Eduardo I think they will shock some teams and make the semis. I can't see either of the hosts getting past the first round though.

No one has mentioned yet the croatian Ivan Rakitic, for me he played fantastic in this season. And playing in the midfield with modric is going to do his performance no harm. I think he will enhance his reputation, might even get him a move to a bigger club:rolleyes:

For me it just sums up why England aren't there when you see some countries have players like Benzema, Huntelaar and Gomez who might only be subs for their countries. And players like Trezeguet and Raul not even in the squads!

Exactly Biscuit. There all very good youth players and if you saw the england friendly last night (I watched some, weren't too great) there was only a handful of young players on the england bench. Joe Lewis from Peterborough United though was quite suprising. Most of the English players were over 24 years old (Rough Estimate) and maybe this is why we need the Burton Academy thingy place :D

Despite what someone's just said, don't completely rule out the hosts. Look at Greece the last time or South Korea a few years ago, they always seem to do well. It's probably bent like but still

Eren Derdiyok will do well if he gets the chance imo. He showed against us that he's a talent and he can cause anybody problems on his day. Will defo rise in the future regardless though.

Nani has the ability to destroy any team he's up against and their group is not the best, so if he plays often i think he'll be top notch. Will also rise, thats for sure.

David Villa finished the season in good form and if he can continue that into this tournament, he could be the man. He hasn't played every game this season, like Nani and Derdiyok, and that could help them when it starts. He dropped this season just finished so he could easily rise again.

If Mario Gomez will play, he'll shine, best German striker.

I have a feeling that many people dont know about his ability.

Arshavin is a phenomenal player, I think he would fit perfectly into the Premierleague.

His skill, vision, awareness, finishing, passing all top notch.

At the moment, even in the Russian League, he is more than worthy of a 93 in my opinion, but he will probably stay at 92.

He is an 'in the hole player', if you watch Liverpool or know about their new system, basically it's were Gerrard plays now.

Arshavin was also playing without his main partner, Pogrebnyak, in the Uefa Cup Final seeing as he was suspended.

Despite what someone's just said' date=' don't completely rule out the hosts. Look at Greece the last time or South Korea a few years ago, they always seem to do well.[/quote']

Wasn't the Euro's held in Portugal last time? But yea I agree the hosts generally do well and reach the semi's. But there are 2 hosts this year.

If Germany play well' date=' Klose will likely be their top scorer, he always scores goals at the big tournaments.[/quote']

Don't forget Podolski. He can make his big return this summer after a below par season at Bayern.

Russia will win the Euro 2008

you just watch

scrap through Group stages and will win

If they dont win i would be all my money on either Croatia' date=' Austria or Russia :P[/quote']

Russia are good in attack but defensively they are pants. if they sorted that out they would be in with a shout.

As some one prevously sayed ' date='

Arshavan will be the top performer but a would also keep an eye out on jan klass huntelaar ..

also a think rooney will have a good comp oh wait he wont be flimmin ther:D , its a joke so dont come back with the scottish jokes:p

[/b']

Amg i ♥ Arshavin Greig he's one of my fav players.

I also want Torres to shine because i ♥ him also

but i wouldent mind seeing what Mutu of Romania could do.

Russia are good in attack but defensively they are pants. if they sorted that out they would be in with a shout.

It's all because of the Berezutsky borothers. Yesterday A.Berezutskiy gave Serbia a goal after he completely mistimed a clearance and ended up making an air shot and the Serbian striker dispossessed him and scored. I think if we get rid of all the CSKA defenders (maybe keep Ignashevich) and replace them with Kolodin and Shirokov we have a better chance.

lol, you know i'm an idiot mate. Don't know why i thought they were in Greece, as i watched just about every game. Like you say they still usually do well though, so could surprise a few. Austria don't look that strong compared to the Swiss imo, so i think they could struggle. You never know with home advantage though.

lol' date=' you know i'm an idiot mate. Don't know why i thought they were in Greece, as i watched just about every game. Like you say they still usually do well though, so could surprise a few. Austria don't look that strong compared to the Swiss imo, so i think they could struggle. You never know with home advantage though.[/quote']

Austria have done ok in pre season friendlies. They beat a full strength Ivory Coast team 3-2. But yea the Swiss are the team from those 2 who are most likely to make an impression

It's all because of the Berezutsky borothers. Yesterday A.Berezutskiy gave Serbia a goal after he completely mistimed a clearance and ended up making an air shot and the Serbian striker dispossessed him and scored. I think if we get rid of all the CSKA defenders (maybe keep Ignashevich) and replace them with Kolodin and Shirokov we have a better chance.

absolutely 100% agree there mate, thats exactly what ive been saying. them berezutskys are dodgy and ignashevich isnt great either. They look ok in the russian league but then when you see them at a higher level i.e champions league, internationals they get shown up for what they really are...s**t!

Anyukov is the only good defender they have, i like him.

Eren Derdiyok

only 19 and 85 rated.

ano he isnt the best of strikers and isnt in the best of national teams, switzeland :D, but i think he could do quite well.

scored 7 in 7 games for switzeland u19, then scored 7 in 5 :eek: games for switzeland u21 and he has also scored 1 in 2 games at full level against england.

all he needs is a chance and he should shine in euro 2008 :P.

I'm hoping for a France Vs Spain , Not that bovered which one wins.

I would look out for Gomis,Nasri and Ben Arfa as they played exceptionally well in their friendly the other night and also i would keep an eye on Benzema for France. But really i think Spain will be the team that will shine especially with the players and quality of Fabregas,Iniesta,Torres,Villa Etc.

I would watch out for Arshavin,Derdiyok,Huntelaar,Gomez,Aqualiani and Modric aswell.

I'm hoping for a France Vs Spain ' date=' Not that bovered which one wins.

I would look out for Gomis,Nasri and Ben Arfa as they played exceptionally well in their friendly the other night and also i would keep an eye on Benzema for France. But really i think Spain will be the team that will shine especially with the players and quality of Fabregas,Iniesta,Torres,Villa Etc.

I would watch out for Arshavin,Derdiyok,Huntelaar,Gomez,Aqualiani and Modric aswell.[/quote']

Ben Arfa is not going to play at Euro :rolleyes:

If Romania are to make an impact in that ridiculous group, you've gotta look at Banel Nicolita down that right flank.

He's only rated 88, and at 22 has got a fab future ahead of him, his only problem being the fact that he may well rival Avram Grant as the ugliest man in football (no disrespect meant to either boys).

And I'm really looking forward to seeing Kranjcar team up with Modric for Croatia, that should be something to savour.

If Romania are to make an impact in that ridiculous group' date=' you've gotta look at Banel Nicolita down that right flank.

He's only rated 88, and at 22 has got a fab future ahead of him, his only problem being the fact that he may well rival Avram Grant as the ugliest man in football (no disrespect meant to either boys).

And I'm really looking forward to seeing Kranjcar team up with Modric for Croatia, that should be something to savour.[/quote']

mate , banel nicolita is pshihically destroied and he was called at euro because the manager is friend with Steaua chairman(if u'll check u'll see that there are many poor players from Steaua) and who played at Steaua long time.

I always said that he shouldn't be 88 but SM ratings are based only in stats and he played a lot because the chairman from Steaua needs him.

The chairman talks a lot and he was many times acussed by racism , so when he is called in justice , he shows Banel and many times he escapes without any ban.

3598701935-soccer-uefa-champions-le.jpg

He is a gitan or gypsy or I don't know how they are called in England (those from Italy who make us problems:rolleyes: )

IMO from Romania the hopes are from Mirel Radoi, Cristian Sapunaru , Cosmin Moţi and especially Marius Niculae who is possible to be first team starter , keeping Ciprian Marica on bench