Which player(s) will shine at Euro 2008 and earn an increase?

Dave Leigh

Re: Which player(s) will shine at Euro 2008 and earn an increase?

I think hes referring to the poor grammar.

mate, aint his fault, he's got a sad condition called dyslexia.

I think it jumbles up words and gives ou trouble with spelling,grammar,etc.

A bit sorry really:(

mate' date=' aint his fault, he's got a sad condition called dyslexia.

I think it jumbles up words and gives ou trouble with spelling,grammar,etc.

A bit sorry really:([/quote']

I know mate yeah, if you read what was said after that you will see i have aknowledged the fact that he is dyslexic.

Orlando Engelaar - Holland

8114_small.jpg

After seeing Holland vs Wales today and seeing how well this guy played it made me do some small research on him and imo he will shine at the Euro's depending on Hollands strikers ;).

His passing ability is phenomenal proven today and in other games. His key talent is the through ball creating about 3 or 4 great opportunities today. Not to mention he can score

or

I also forgot to mention his height, 6ft 5 absolute monster. He's a late bloomer at 28 but still, he got a lot of playing time left! also currently rated 88 on SM my prediction is 90 after the Euros, oh and the most likely question is will he play in such a talented midfield?

Well according to the commentators he sealed his place and to me he did aswell. He looked better than Sneijder and had the ball a lot more often and did more imo. The team boasted Van Der Vaart,De Zeeuw,Sneijder and Engelaar and that could very well be the midfield for the Euros maybe not De Zeeuw.

Also he currently plays for FC Twente although after the Euro's I wouldnt be surprised to see him move on.

Guest the plummer

Orlando Engelaar - Holland

8114_small.jpg

After seeing Holland vs Wales today and seeing how well this guy played it made me do some small research on him and imo he will shine at the Euro's depending on Hollands strikers ;).

His passing ability is phenomenal proven today and in other games. His key talent is the through ball creating about 3 or 4 great opportunities today. Not to mention he can score

or

I also forgot to mention his height' date=' 6ft 5 absolute monster. He's a late bloomer at 28 but still, he got a lot of playing time left! also currently rated 88 on SM my prediction is 90 after the Euros, oh and the most likely question is will he play in such a talented midfield?

Well according to the commentators he sealed his place and to me he did aswell. He looked better than Sneijder and had the ball a lot more often and did more imo. The team boasted Van Der Vaart,De Zeeuw,Sneijder and Engelaar and that could very well be the midfield for the Euros maybe not De Zeeuw.

Also he currently plays for FC Twente although after the Euro's I wouldnt be surprised to see him move on.[/quote']

Thats why leigh wanted him in gold 7:rolleyes:

Roland Linz of Austria

0,19528,11661_3647915,00.html

A host of Premier League clubs are tracking Austrian hit-man Roland Linz, skysports.com understands.

The likes of West Ham, Middlesbrough, Newcastle and Fulham have all scouted him in recent months and are now set to step up their interest.

They will all be playing close attention to his displays at Euro 2008 - where he will lead the line for co-hosts Austria.

Up to five clubs were in attendance to see Linz smash home two goals in Austria's warm-up against Malta last week and he could now be nearing a dream move to England.

The Sporting Braga star has been in fine form this season in Portugal and will be looking to expand his growing reputation as he spearheads the host nation's attack this summer.

Linz, 26, scored 11 league goals for Sporting and is now hoping to impress in the coming weeks.

A spokesman for agency FN Sports, told skysports.com: "There has been interest in Roland from the Premiership and a number of clubs were watching him again at the Malta game.

"But he is focused on the Euros at the moment and we will see what happens after the tournament."

(From Sky Sports)

He is currently rated 88, and he can be bought for around £8,400,000 from Sporting Braga.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Diego Benaglio yet. If any of you follow my threads you'd know that I think highly of him. He's the starting keeper for Switzerland (SCUM!!) and is currently rated 88. For more information check out one of the following threads:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=24187

Sorry if this seems like advertising for my thread, it's just that I thought you might want some info on him. Cheers.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Diego Benaglio yet. If any of you follow my threads you'd know that I think highly of him. He's the starting keeper for Switzerland (SCUM!!) and is currently rated 88. For more information check out one of the following threads:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=24187

Sorry if this seems like advertising for my thread' date=' it's just that I thought you might want some info on him. Cheers.[/quote']

Thing is though, it's always harder for a goalie to shine than, say, a striker.Especially a goalie for one of the lesser teams of tournament (although maybe the home support will drive them on?). I just can't help but feel that Switzerland will concede at least 2 goals per game (apart from maybe Turkey), in which case Benaglio won't attract that much attention.

Thing is though' date=' it's always harder for a goalie to shine than, say, a striker.Especially a goalie for one of the lesser teams of tournament (although maybe the home support will drive them on?). I just can't help but feel that Switzerland will concede at least 2 goals per game (apart from maybe Turkey), in which case Benaglio won't attract that much attention.[/quote']

I'm tipping the Swiss along with Portugal (from Group A) to progress into the next round, at the expense of the Czech Rep and Turkey. :eek:

Herby B)

Libor Sionko. If Zdenek Pospech is on the right back and Sionko is on the right flank, great things will happen there. Sionko can create something out of nothing and is very fast in his play. Pospech is a strong right back who can pass the ball to Sionko or shoot on goal.

If these two play together they can lift Czech Republics level.

Thing is though' date=' it's always harder for a goalie to shine than, say, a striker.Especially a goalie for one of the lesser teams of tournament (although maybe the home support will drive them on?). I just can't help but feel that Switzerland will concede at least 2 goals per game (apart from maybe Turkey), in which case Benaglio won't attract that much attention.[/quote']

That's true, if the defence isn't good you can't really prove yourself. However he might be someone like Kasey Keller who in the world cup couldn't stop Rosicky's strike's (don't blame him, nobody could!) but in the game against the USA team he did very well.

Also I expect Turkey be one of the hardest teams for them to face. The scums are going to be scared out of their guts to face Turkey and I expect many brawls in the audience. I'm sure there will be many cards handed out however Swiss' fear will lead them to defeat.

Benaglio is playing well at the moment, no mistakes as of yet, good reflect 'save' to prevent an own-goal.

I feel sorry for Frei, looks like this tournament's over already. On the bright side, 19yo Derdiyok is coming on, and will probably be playing for the other 2 group games as well, and I've got him in 2 of my teams.

Edit: Ok, bad news for Derdiyok owners. He didn't come on, Yakin did. :(