Which player(s) will shine at Euro 2008 and earn an increase?

Dave Leigh

Re: Which player(s) will shine at Euro 2008 and earn an increase?

I it might of made your day LKK.

But your still not through yet.

And Czech will put up a fight!

Oh don't worry I know that we're not through yet. The reassuring thing is that if we tie Turkey goes through (I believe) because Czech will have conceded more goals.

I was just chatting with my mate on MSN (who is Turkish) and he was saying how him and his dad went crazy. But we worked out that Turkey and Czech Rep. are completely tied, same points, GD, GS, GC, etc. And after looking at the rules we found out that it goes to Fair Play after that. And Turkey have had 4 more players booked than Czech Rep. So if you draw then Czech Rep. go through.

Not trying to take the shine off the win though, the feeling must have been great! I remember when Jonny Howson put us through to Wembley in the 91st minute. Seems so long ago now...

I was just chatting with my mate on MSN (who is Turkish) and he was saying how him and his dad went crazy. But we worked out that Turkey and Czech Rep. are completely tied' date=' same points, GD, GS, GC, etc. And after looking at the rules we found out that it goes to Fair Play after that. And Turkey have had 4 more players booked than Czech Rep. So if you draw then Czech Rep. go through.

Not trying to take the shine off the win though, the feeling must have been great! I remember when Jonny Howson put us through to Wembley in the 91st minute. Seems so long ago now...[/quote']

Darn, you're right!! That sucks, the thing is that Czech never had to play with this referee we had today. :(

He was handing those cards out as much as I say cheers! :eek::D

Congratulations to Turkey...It was a hard game where each team won one half.

Now it's the time to buy Turan ARDA if haven't yet. :)

Lols, come to think about it this win doesn't mean much.

If Turkey didn't win the only difference would be that the Swiss would still have a chance but they'd face Portugal so forget about that anyway.

Xavi certainly does deserve a 97' date=' but I assure you SM can't see through the star filled game of Football to see a player of true worth (not the likes of, ronaldinho, ronaldo, etc). On a sidenote, Torres has never really convinced me, never did anything at Atletico or the Spanish national team, we spaniards always say that Torres is worth nothing except for scoring in the Prem.[/quote']

Torres did assist in a goal though and his perfomance in the premiership has shown that he is capable of scoring many goals, i just think it'll take a little longer for him to spark with the Spanish national team, but when he does Him and Villa will destroy the tournament, hopefully :P

Torres did assist in a goal though and his perfomance in the premiership has shown that he is capable of scoring many goals' date=' i just think it'll take a little longer for him to spark with the Spanish national team, but when he does Him and Villa will destroy the tournament, hopefully :P[/quote']

Villa will definetly be one of the best players on Euro 2008.

OT - I am suprised that you don't have Luka MODRIC in your "The Future of Football" :(

Villa will definetly be one of the best players on Euro 2008.

OT - I am suprised that you don't have Luka MODRIC in your "The Future of Football" :(

Lol I'm surprised that Rooney and Ronaldo aren't on there, if Messi is. Or Neuer.

I am suprised that you don't have Luka MODRIC in your "The Future of Football" :(
Lol I'm surprised that Rooney and Ronaldo aren't on there' date=' if Messi is. Or Neuer.[/quote']

There is limited space on there so i know i've missed out alot, i chose mainly my favourites. I didn't put Rooney on there because i h8 man u :( It's as simple as that, but i would have still put Ronaldo on there, had he not aged 23 earlier this year.

because donadoni is the biggest idiot and he didn't call him:eek: (he thinks that Materazzi is better:rolleyes: :) )

This from Wiki -

In June 2007, Nesta asked not to be called up against the Faroe Islands and Lithuania because of his recent marriage, he has still not confirmed the future of his international career, but he has not been called up to recent Italy squads, particularly the Euro 2008 squad, leading complaints from his AC milan teammates Andrea Pirlo and Gennaro Gattuso calling for him to be put back in the side.

Congratulations to Turkey...It was a hard game where each team won one half.

Now it's the time to buy Turan ARDA if haven't yet. :)

Thanks :) nice to win but hard understand Fatih Terim about team selection...

Tuncay is simply awful ... Hamit Altintop or Kazim must play instead of him . And Sabri must play as RB.

And i think Fatih Terim is swearing himself "why didn t he let Arda to play instead of Tuncay in Portugal match"...

After all , i m happy to win but not that hopefull for next match...

i bought Arda 1 year ago :) he s simply great... and will rise to 91 soon ...

Never happened, but it is possible. The Turkey- Czech Republic, in the day 15, counts towards the last day of Group A of Euro-2008, may have to go to the decision by penalties, in case of a tie at the end of 90 minutes. Why? Because the rules of evidence so provides, in paragraph 7.08.

Let the explanation, with the turkish-Czech case. Currently, the two teams are in drawed in points, number of goals scored and suffered (2-3) and will face in the last round of the first phase. The result does not interfere with the other teams in Group A: Portugal is the first, Switzerland last. Now, with the cluster of all these situations, and because the Turkey- Czech Rep. closes the phase of groups, the draw in classification will be done using the penalties, to determine who joins the quarter-finals. That is, the last three criteria of a tie under previous point disappear: coefficient of the teams reached the qualification for the World-2006 and the Euro-2008; fair play and draw.

The rules of UEFA are clear: this situation the use of penalties can only happen in cases where only two teams go to the last game without interfering in the other classification. Otherwise, the criteria are those resulting from the point of 7.07 regulation of Championship of Europe:

A. Number of points obtained clashes between the teams involved (direct confrontation)

B. Difference of goals in games between the teams involved in draw

C. Number of goals scored between the teams involved in draw (if more than two)

D. Difference of goals in all matches of the group

E. Number of goals scored in all matches of the group

F. Coefficient of the teams reached the qualification for the World-2006 and the Euro-2008 (points earned divided by the number of games made)

G. Fair-play of the teams at Euro-2008

H. Lottery

So, we can see penalties in group phase ;)

i hope i transleted it clearly.. :|

Nice research! My main man Gizb!

Seftinho said that due to fair play Czech would move on (in the case of a tie). And now you say it would go to penalties (which would be great for Turkey, remember Volkan vs. Seville?). I can't really understand what either of you are saying (:D) but you guys can argue it out.

Cheers.

Personally I think Cech is just as good as both of them.

Although one thing I notice is that defenders are horrible under-rated. If a defender makes a mistake everyone criticises them' date=' and they get a rating decrease. If a striker makes a mistake, everyone just ignores them. There are much less defenders rated over 90 compared to other positions.[/quote']

Buffon had a shocker .... I was very disappointed in his performance and that of the Azzuri as a whole. :(

Herby

mate' date=' herby does that on all his posts, its just like doing a sig.

borogz[/quote']

I just said it because it's his name (not in reality :D ) and it shows up on every post up beside your avatar anyway.

Oh well, let's not take this off topic, cheers.

Lol I watched the Turkey game again as my paps taped it. :P

A. Number of points obtained clashes between the teams involved (direct confrontation)

B. Difference of goals in games between the teams involved in draw

C. Number of goals scored between the teams involved in draw (if more than two)

D. Difference of goals in all matches of the group

E. Number of goals scored in all matches of the group

F. Coefficient of the teams reached the qualification for the World-2006 and the Euro-2008 (points earned divided by the number of games made)

G. Fair-play of the teams at Euro-2008

H. Lottery

Where are penalties mentioned on there?

Today is a great match between Croatia and Germany.

It will be spectacular...Today in the morning more than 100 000 Croatian fans went to Klagenfurt to support their team.

I think that there aren't better supporters than the Croatians.