Graphics Design Feedback

Kyle Turner

Re: Graphics Design Feedback

DINHOcon.png

Is it really that bad?^

Why are you saying 'is it really that bad' just because you didnt win the competition. To be fair my latest entry was in my opinion weaker then quite a few entries but its up to personal opinion.

I think your icon is good, the image of Dinho is a little bright and such looks like it has lost resolution slightly and I think the box textures could use some background color

Brilliant!

agueroq.jpg

Feedback please? :o

DINHOcon.png

Is it really that bad?^

Avatars that don't win aren't automatically bad but the standard in these competitions is extremely high. I thought the stock of Ronaldinho has lost some quality in resizing and in the end, I thought the entries I gave points to had taken the theme most into consideration and placed them due to how well they'd executed them.

Brilliant!

agueroq.jpg

As you said it's Brilliant, The writeing is very good it fits in well, The stock is good can't fault it and the textures used are very good nice one Stu.

Ok Guys how's this' date=' I quite like it

It's Neymar.

[img']http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/ciaran2/Untitled-10.png[/img]

2 main areas to improve IMO:

Use a close-up stock photo or a HQ stock (so zooming in won't lose quality) as you can't really tell it's Neymar. Look at my current avatar made by Fercasti; you can tell it's Silva (even if he has got his hands over his face :P).

Lessen the strength of the effect/texture. It's a nice texture and positioned well but combined with the distant photo, you can't tell who the subject is.

Why are you saying 'is it really that bad' just because you didnt win the competition. To be fair my latest entry was in my opinion weaker then quite a few entries but its up to personal opinion.

I think your icon is good' date=' the image of Dinho is a little bright and such looks like it has lost resolution slightly and I think the box textures could use some background color[/quote']

I didnt say i shouldve won. Its just that every week my name is always on the bottom of the list. :o I just thought that, that meant mine was the poorest.

Untitled-2-1.png

Is this better?

I understand what you mean but I don't have a button that those that only zooms the image up (Bigger on the canvas)

Start off with a bigger image and resize to say 250 in height then paste this into a 100x100 canvas and select keep canvas size' date=' this way you can position only the part of the image you want for the icon

Hey guys, I didn't know where to post this but I'm thinking off making Avatars and Sigs But I'm not sure on what programes to use and download and stuff like that and i was wondering if you guys could give me any suggestions? Thanks

A good starting point would be paint.net or gimp - both free gfx making programs with lots of tutorials to help you get the hang of different techniques and tips (just google paint.net tutorials or gimp tutorials) then you can think about moving into photoshop :)

How do you resize a picture on paint.net by using the key-board? I used to remember how to do that' date=' but I've completely forgot how to do it now. :o[/quote']

Hit control + R and make sure that the 'maintain aspect ratio' box is ticked ;)

I dont really get what you mean? I NEVER use the mouse to resize as it distorts the image - always go to resize so that the width and height stays in the right ratio (for example 300*200 would automatically be 150*100)

I don't do it either' date=' but I saw a site who seemed to know all about resizing pictures by using the key-board. It was a while ago, though, so I've obviously forgotten how to resize a picture in that way. Perhaps if you take a look at this picture I made a while back, you'll know what I'm on about;

[center']Azpi.png?t=1282300898[/center]

Untitled-1-2.png

I would say my best up to date.

I agree mate. Altho i feel the render is a bit stretched. kiu

I don't do it either' date=' but I saw a site who seemed to know all about resizing pictures by using the key-board. It was a while ago, though, so I've obviously forgotten how to resize a picture in that way. Perhaps if you take a look at this picture I made a while back, you'll know what I'm on about;

[center']Azpi.png?t=1282300898[/center]

What yoy probably mean is like a shortcut. On photoshop is ctrl+t. Just google it for paint. Also as Zampa said, its better to do it the other way as the shape stays the same.

EDIT Try ctrl+r