Australia World Cup!!

Today Australia won 1-0 over Iraq!:D that almost assures australia progress to the next phase of qualify. I though i might create a thread for any aussie fans (and anyone else) to talk about how australia are playing or have played.

Anyway for me australia have played pretty good and were very structured. Iraq had 3 great opportunities but Scharwezer managed to stop all 3!!! very underated goalkeeper for mind.

anyway it all doesnt matter coz we won!

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE:D

Re: Australia World Cup!!

Today Australia won 1-0 over Iraq!:D that almost assures australia progress to the next phase of qualify. I though i might create a thread for any aussie fans (and anyone else) to talk about how australia are playing or have played.

Anyway for me australia have played pretty good and were very structured. Iraq had 3 great opportunities but Scharwezer managed to stop all 3!!! very underated goalkeeper for mind.

anyway it all doesnt matter coz we won!

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE:D

I just got back from the game Scoot Mcdonald and Harry Kewell played well and David Carney was pretty good as well.:D

But i had a fat family behind me that wouldnt shut up omg ill stab them with a liposuction hose.:mad:

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

harry kewell had a great performance being captain and scoring the only goal of the game:D i am sure he will be snapped up by a decent club sooner rather then latter.

But some clubs might be reluctant to sign him after being almost like a leech on their finances . He's a disgrace . Greedy. People are suffering all over the world and he's piggy enough to say 'I want more'.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Harry Kewell Is A GREAT Player But Has Had His Career Spoilt With Injury After Injury' date=' He was always great at Leeds Then Had A Cracking First Season At Liverpool But Then Got Injured Nice To See Him Back On His Feet[/quote']

But he's a greedy little piggy ! :mad:

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Name a player whos not' date=' Gerrard Does It, Ronaldo does it, Kaka does it, great players do it[/quote']

Exactly . Most footballers are greedy pigs.

just like anyone mate, their looking out for the interests of himself and his family. All players do it. Kewell will move to a decent club before next season he showed in the game today that he is still something special, give a season where he doesnt get injuried and he will show all he still has it. He had some crunching tackles made against him today and jumped straight back up this for me indicates that he is getting back to his best.

Guest melbguy1

what annoys me about Kewell is that when he was mr bigshot he never played for Australia, now that he is struggling and needs to find a club he's always there. He is just a user in my opinion:mad:

but, he did play well, def looked like Australias most skillful player tonight.

McDonalad was poo, just whinged the whole game, and our defenders were shaky for most of the game, Iraq only had 1 striker and they caused problems throughout.

good to see a packed house though :D

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

just like anyone mate' date=' their looking out for the interests of himself and his family.[/quote']

Do you really need £120,000 a week. Lots of people survive on getting that in maybe 3-4 years.

I'm not saying he's a bad player . He is a great player IMO

If England don't win the world cup in 2010' date=' then Australia better do! :D

Kewell, however won't go anywhere until he's like 34 and he'll move to play for Roar or someone in Australia.[/quote']

Make up for the 2006 WC hopefully! ;) when he comes to the A-League, it would be for Sydney FC or a next Sydney club (They are going to put in a West-Sydney club, so he'd likely go to there).

Think he could go longer.

Iraq had a few chances, but we had a lot more.

• 2 weeks later...

Name a player whos not' date=' Gerrard Does It, Ronaldo does it, Kaka does it, great players do it[/quote']

Henrik Larsson ;)

Agree totally with the point you were making though. Kewell's greed is no different from almost all top-level professional footballers. Can't really blame them for trying to squeeze as much as possible out of their clubs though... it's the clubs who are to blame in my opinion for being stupid enough to give in to players' demands.

I didnt post on this thread when Australia played Iraq, after staying up half the night to watch it i was to dissappointed to lose 1-0 like that..to a fluke goal.

Anyway we move on and Australia beat Qatar 3-1!:D i also stayed up till the 2am kickoff and watched the whole game so didnt get to bed until 4am. But it was all worth it to watch Australia make it to the next round of WC qualifying! Go Australia. And now i get to see Australia v China in a dead rubber next sunday:D