Gold Championship 17 - Setup News

Right, shoot me if you want but i have had conversations with plenty of people who are wondering when this will be made, so i thought might aswell get everyones view on it.

So when do you think this setup will be created?

The last few have been 2 weeks from eachother, does that mean GC17 will be created rhis weekend, or as its Bank Holiday Monday on ,surprisingly, Monday. Or are me and others way out and it will be atleast 2 months like it used to be, :rolleyes:

Opinions guys!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship 17 - Setup News Juventus Manager Finally Agrees to a Report Stubborn Juventus manager Matt Jewiss who has incidently come under much scruteny, for his decisiond to remain

Re: Gold Championship 17 - Setup News rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/ Everton 3 V 2 Blackburn Rovers Andy JOHNSON (8.............................Luca TONI (36) Victor ANICHEBE (37)..............

Re: Gold Championship 17 - Setup News http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee34/JohnBhoy1888/amateurs-001.jpg[/img]"]

Re: Gold Championship 17 Discussion

I know a lot of people are getting annoyed with how quick these GC's are being created, I don't, I want a new one now, I think that they should get the new format sorted and then they will cut down on how often they make them...

Until then...Bang em out like you are!! :D

Both the forum & the Gold Setups have lost their appeal that they once had in my opinion. However I am no longer against these setups being created as much as they are because after a month in a Gc they start to die.

I agree with you John, since they have been made so frequently they have lost their appeal.

2+ months I would like to see the next one.

They are seriously going to become like the Euro setups and be common, pointless setups to golds only.

There should be one every 333 gold members at the worst, which is basically what it is right now, but they are being made so frequently recently its soon going to get out of hand.

I agree with you John' date=' since they have been made so frequently they have lost their appeal.

2+ months I would like to see the next one.

They are seriously going to become like the Euro setups and be common, pointless setups to golds only.

There should be one every 333 gold members at the worst, which is basically what it is right now, but they are being made so frequently recently its soon going to get out of hand.[/quote']

I was woried about that! Soon you will be able to buy Gold Setups then who cares if you have Barcelona in GC1! When the new format comes along, they should just retire GC's, stop at 20 and thats it! Please SM dont let people buy them or go any higher than 20!

Right' date=' shoot me if you want but i have had conversations with plenty of people who are wondering when this will be made, so i thought might aswell get everyones view on it.

So when do you think this setup will be created?

The last few have been 2 weeks from eachother, does that mean GC17 will be created rhis weekend, or as its Bank Holiday Monday on ,surprisingly, Monday. Or are me and others way out and it will be atleast 2 months like it used to be, :rolleyes:

Opinions guys![/quote']

Didn't you get a response to a ticket saying that it was being made this bank holiday weekend. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I'm half expecting to see the announcement on SM Info tonight :rolleyes: about the creation of GC17 on Monday.

I don't really think we need a GC so soon, but there again there's nothing i (or any other member) can do to stop them being so regular, so i might aswell make the most of it and get a good team.

:eek:

Didn't you get a response to a ticket saying that it was being made this bank holiday weekend. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I'm half expecting to see the announcement on SM Info tonight :rolleyes: about the creation of GC17 on Monday.

I don't really think we need a GC so soon' date=' but there again there's nothing i (or any other member) can do to stop them being so regular, so i might aswell make the most of it and get a good team.[/quote']

I got a response saying with more and more members they are being created more often possibly in a month, or fortnight. Im half expecting a announcement to be made tonight for saturday and monday matey Gc17 and 18 at the same time:eek:

It's good if GC17 will be made as there are only 20 of these elite setups then the new format... so the quicker the better!

20 GC's isn't really anything

If you compare to Euro's then it would be 200 odd GC's:rolleyes:

Bring on GC17-20 as I cannot wait for the new format!!!!

I'm sure the new one WILL be unique and only about 5-10 will be created :P

Anyway - I'm going for United :)

It's good if GC17 will be made as there are only 20 of these elite setups then the new format... so the quicker the better!

is gc17 gonna b new format ? if so den im liverpool/mallorca/div.3 side

Yes, you're fine as you and Ben are pretty much guaranteed whatever team you want with your code so all is good. With more and more, it makes it much harder for others to get the bigger and better teams we crave.

Yes' date=' you're fine as you and Ben are pretty much guaranteed whatever team you want with your code so all is good. With more and more, it makes it much harder for others to get the bigger and better teams we crave.[/quote']

There are top 20 teams that most people want.....

Ben and I are two

20-2 = 18 - Therefore 18 teams to choose from....

And who knows, our comps might crash or something... it isn't even 90% guaranteed tbh...

There are top 20 teams that most people want.....

Ben and I are two

20-2 = 18 - Therefore 18 teams to choose from....

And who knows' date=' our comps might crash or something... it isn't even 90% guaranteed tbh...[/quote']

Yes 18 teams that around the 5000 GM members are after which really narrows the odds. Yes it might crash, but when we get on the clubs page, you are one step ahead and have the take control button there so if you don't get the club you wanted then there is something wrong.

Yes 18 teams that around the 5000 GM members are after which really narrows the odds. Yes it might crash' date=' but when we get on the clubs page, you are one step ahead and have the take control button there so if you don't get the club you wanted then there is something wrong.[/quote']

Don't forget that there are members who may fancy a challenge or just go to a team they support - IE - Leeds/Milwall/WBA etc...

You cannot say it's unfair because we actually worked hard to find out... we weren't just given a manual on how to get the best club... spent hours and days trying to get this so all our hard work paid off.....

It's all about fast computers and luck mate - nobody needs this bull****.... And if I recall, I used this same 'technique' in a standard setup only to get beaten by someone else - So I am not guaranteed a club....

It's all about speed/Timing and luck :)

Mate don't try and defend the way you use it, I would rather you came out and said something like "yeh, well good luck trying to get your club" or something, rather than saying ah well we have no advantage.

Because you have a clear advantage, and although it is unfair on others, good luck to you. I for one, enjoy the buzz of trying to get the team quickly, but if you want to get your team for certain then i suppose thats how it is.

Yes' date=' you're fine as you and Ben are pretty much guaranteed whatever team you want with your code so all is good. With more and more, it makes it much harder for others to get the bigger and better teams we crave.[/quote']

Sparky is correct. This does not always work and I'd say is only 50/60% successful.

GC13 - i got Real Madrid

GC14 - Missed out on Barce :( , got Ajax

GC15 - Missed Inter :( , got Lyon

GC16 - Lucky to get Barcelona.

Also like Mitu correctly said, to work this out, it took weeks of our time and hard work. Which Luckily paid off.

Using the 'system'

GC13 - Werder Bremen

GC14 - Somehow ended up with Spurs

GC15 - Barca

GC16 - Inter

And when I did get that Inter - It was you Ross who said - "Well done Sparky with Barca, I'm glad it went to a forumer" - This statement can mean that obviously you cannot get them so you're pleased it went to a friend....

Anyway mate, if it makes you happy then....

"Yeah, I am going for United.... I am guaranteed them and hope you get the team you want too... good luck :)"

Using the 'system'

GC13 - Werder Bremen

GC14 - Somehow ended up with Spurs

GC15 - Barca

GC16 - Inter

And when I did get that Inter - It was you Ross who said - "Well done Sparky with Barca' date=' I'm glad it went to a forumer" - This statement can mean that obviously you cannot get them so you're pleased it went to a friend....

Anyway mate, if it makes you happy then....

"Yeah, I am going for United.... I am guaranteed them and hope you get the team you want too... good luck :)"[/quote']

According to Ben, he isnt going for Liverpool Mitu D:, you know what this means Mitu!