Gold Championship 17 - Setup News

Re: Gold Championship 17 Discussion

Either way someone is going to be disappointed anyway' date=' with the link or not.. so much for "not giving out any links" as well.

Good to see that they will vary the GC's in the future as well.[/quote']

He said IF didnt he :confused::rolleyes:

Im not getting the link anyway

Guest Toggs

I have a little problem with the new format tbh.

This must mean that leagues such as Scotland and Holland will have to play each other team 4 times ! To stay in format with English league that play eachother 2ice but have 20 teams.

I think a better idea would be having the Dutch league playig eachother 2ice and only 18 games a season, and then they could be playing SMFA Champs Cup in off season etc...

I am now thinking about maybe Sao Paulo, Zenit St Petersburg, Manchester City, Palermo or Fenerbahce.

"So Ye Blud, which teams r u all goin 4?":rolleyes:

The new format is something I have been looking forward too since Shels first created the thread...

I think the new format isn't exactly what I expected it to be because I still feel there is more work need doing if it is to be more realistic.

All I see now is another 80 or so team added on and leagues seperated.

Still it is something different and cannot wait for it.

TBF, atm it doesn't matter if I get the team I want or not as I just want to be part of it... Wouldn't mind joining my friends in the Blue Square Premiere League....

I haven't made my mind up as to who I'm going for. I'll probably just make a decision once GC17 appears on the select club menu :D

With over 5,000 Gold Members, I better decide quick! :)

Look forward to 17's creation and I'll no doubt see you all on this or the setup news thread to see who we all got!

Guest Toggs

It says below the format arrangements that seasons will finish at different times Toggs' date=' I am not sure if this is what you meant or not.[/quote']

I did read that yes but a week difference between leagues playing 36 and 38 games, i dont think is that great..

As for example, the Championship play 46 games a season and the Prem 38. I think it would be better in this new format if they copied the exact format of real-life.

ie - Division 1 - 20 Teams

Division 2 - 5 (Division 5 being Conference) - 24 Teams

Therefore the Championship would last a longer league than the Prem. And also in real-life, i think the Russian league in real-life play 30 games a season (being 16 in that division). So i think that SM should copy that sort of format that is in real-life.

Of course that would mean teams like Amkar and Rostov in the Russian League so they would probaly not be managed. What i would propose for the future was a 'Scandavian League' like before but with 16 teams in it and filled with the best teams in Scandinavia. I say copy the Russian League format in real-life because they are the dominant league in Scandinavia.

This may sound like gibberish to alot of people :) Didnt really know how to get my point across, but a more realistic format like mentioned above ^ .

ne1 going i nrussian if so whu for n more important ne1 for zenit >?

How many people have tolded you?

Theres no point in asking if anyone is going for them, because theres going to be 1000+ more people going for teams who dont use the forums.

Looking forward to this new format actually,thou a bit miffed that there is not an Irish league:(,maybe in the next one because i am pretty sure it would be filled.

As for who i will be going for:),probably a team in the Mexican league:)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

In relation to this...

Looking forward to this new format actually' date='thou a bit miffed that there is not an Irish league:(,maybe in the next one because i am pretty sure it would be filled.

As for who i will be going for:),probably a team in the Mexican league:)[/quote']

and this...

So? No Belgian teams???

if you read the last part of this article you will notice that is states:

"You will also be pleased to know that we will be creating various formats for future Gold Championships (for example Gold Championship 18 could only contain leagues from South/Central/North American countries) to keep them fresh' date=' and also at the same time creating unique setups which might not have the same format created again!"[/i']

So in theory we could create Gold Championship 20 (for example) to include and all Irish league, English League, Welsh League, and Scottish League. Of course clubs would qualify for the SMFA Cup/Shield which would include external clubs like AC Milan etc.

We are open to ideas regarding the above, and this in essence should create numerous one off Gold Championships which become unique.

In relation to this...

and this...

"You will also be pleased to know that we will be creating various formats for future Gold Championships (for example Gold Championship 18 could only contain leagues from South/Central/North American countries) to keep them fresh' date=' and also at the same time creating unique setups which might not have the same format created again!"[/i']

So in theory we could create Gold Championship 20 (for example) to include and all Irish league, English League, Welsh League, and Scottish League. Of course clubs would qualify for the SMFA Cup/Shield which would include external clubs like AC Milan etc.

We are open to ideas regarding the above, and this in essence should create numerous one off Gold Championships which become unique.

Superb about Gold 20 mate.

Makes the setups unique and great!

Superb about Gold 20 mate.

Makes the setups unique and great!

I love this GC but don't like the sound of 20 tbh :o

Having big clubs such as Milan external would make the transfers very unrealistic, imo. You'd get Linfied signing Kaka :P

In relation to this...

and this...

I would love a United Kingdom Gold Championship, would be very unique, and fun, would also be very challenging, but it will also give the smaller clubs the chance to get a good squad due to the external club factor. :)