Gold Championship 17 - Setup News

Guest the plummer

Re: Gold Championship 17 - Setup News

...........................................Van Der Sar..................................

Daniel Alves...............Ferdinand..............Vidic........................Evra

Navas.......................Carrick................Anderson................Ronaldo

..............................L.Fabiano.............C.Tevez............................

My Potential Team if the hamburg manager stays faithfull to his first agreed deal which fell through.

..........................................Casillis 96..................................

Ramos 95...............Demachelles 93.........Cannavaro96.....................Heinze92

VanderVart 94............Schneider 93................Dhiarra 94................Robinho95

..............................Deigo 94

.............................................Raull 95

Subs

Guti 92

Gago 91

Kone 90

Pepe 92

Marcelo 89

JUST IN:

ARSHAVIN MOVE TO MADRID STALLED

Moments ago, we understood that negotiations between Zenit St petersburg and Real madrid over the signing of Andrei Arshavin collapsed after the two teams couldnt negotiate a deal that suited both parties.

However we understand now that Zenit will be listening to 'other' offers from other teams and would be willing to open up talks.

923.gif21_front_small.gif78_front_small.gif

NEW PLAYERS ARRIVE AT SPORT RECIFE..

New manager gadga as bought in some new players hopefully to get the small club out of the 2nd div, as gadga's dream is to make the club feared by the rest of brazil and get them into europe..

players to arrive

ALEKSEY MELESHIN from FK MOSKVA. the 32year old right attacking midfield is backup...

FEITOSO ERANDIR from FOERALEZA. the 25yr old right centre midfield goes straight into the squad..

DAVID DEGEN from FC BASEL. the 25yr old winger can play on both wings and will be a part of the squad as also he can play up front...

FRANCO COSTANZO from FC BASEL the 27yr old keeper follows degan to brazil, franco will be the no1 keeper for the club..

player to leave the club

the transfer deal of Rinaldo KÁSSIO for 50k has been excepted and wil join his new club Kayseri Erciyesspo to help toggs.. in the morning.

READING FC

reading.gif

News:

With the arrival of the new Reading manager came the news that key Reading players such as Kevin Doyle, Steve Hunt, Nicky Shorey, and James Harper have no desire to leave the club at present, which will give the fans confidence in a return to the premiership next season.

Within days of the new Reading boss arriving, a clear out has already started into selling players that are not 100% dedicated to the club, including the likes of Emerse Fae, John Oster, Ulises De la cruz and also a suprise with the departure of the young Irish forward Shane Long. A number of these players have already been replaced with the arrival of right back Berenguel Hector from Mallorca, Centre back Ecudorian veteran Giovanny Espinoza from Cruzeiro and the young Swiss forward from Fc Basel Eren Derdiyok. However the new Reading boss is still said to be looking to other clubs willing to loan or sell a suitable replacement at centre midfield ideally with a rating of atleast 86.

With a limited budget available to him, the Reading boss is said to be very interested in the signing of another young forward and is just waiting upon an offer submited by the club.

With a tough first game against Ipswich town at the weekend the new Reading boss hopes his new signings will gel into the team quickly and give a good first performance on saturday with all three likely to start for Reading.

3 new Reading Hopefuls:

Berenguel Hector

340x.jpg

Giovanny Espinoza

11776_news.jpg

Eren Derdiyok

3.jpg

More news to follow.

toulouse today appointed james pitcher as new manager upon hearing of a departure of the recent manager james pitcher jumped at the chance saying this ' i hope to bring a wealth of enthusiasm to Toulouse fc and bring them great triumphs'.

already on pitcher's wishlist is liverpools lucas leiva

Guest Toggs

2231.gif

' Squad near to full potential '

They were the words of Kayseri B manager Toggs Thomas as he unvieled yet another 6 signings.

Gaetan Krebs joined from German side Hannover 96 for a fee of just over 2 Million pounds. Maxim Laure joined from OFI Crete for a nominal fee. Turkish startlet Karabulut Aydin joined again for just over 2M from arguably the league favouites, Besiktas. Rinaldo Kassio joined Kayseri from Gadga's Sport Recife for a fee of just 50k. Theiry Doubai, arguably the best of Toggs'es spending joined for 3.3M and Texitera Machado joined from Grasshoppers for half a million.

Those signings affect the starting 11 like so:

--------Riou--------

-???---Song---???---Drenthe-

----------Doubai-------------

---????-------------Krebs---

----------Sosa-------------

-----Manucho-----Calik----

Tonight, Kayseri play American outfit Houston Dynamo in a friendly. Toggs said he is using the match to see if the players that may not get such an involvment in the season, prove themseleves. A squad with a av rating of just 80 is taking the field, with a av age of just under 22.

Since taking over at Genoa i have done this is the Transfer Market -

In

Idir Ouali - Rated 75 *Bought because he is a prospect*

Matthew Mullen - Rated 66 *Bought because he is a prospect*

Sergio Almiron - Rated 88

Asier Del Horno - Rated 88

Out

Silvano Raggio Garibaldi - Rated 70

Rodrigues Fabiano - Rated 86

Tommaso Ghinassi - Rated 75

Rodrigues Wilson - Rated 80

Damián Lanza - Rated 82

Alessio Scapri - Rated 84

Mirko Lamantia - Rated 70

So as you can probably tell i have simply sold all of the players that are not needed in my squad, in doing this i have earnt a bit of extra cash and will continue to buy players. In the buying department i have bought two future prospects which are both in the youth squad and two first team players which will either play on a regular basis or as a reserve. I also still have 10 million remaining with which i am looking to buy one more 88/89 rated player as well as maybe one or two more future prospects.

Since taking over at Genoa i have done this is the Transfer Market -

In

Idir Ouali - Rated 75 *Bought because he is a prospect*

Matthew Mullen - Rated 66 *Bought because he is a prospect*

Sergio Almiron - Rated 88

Asier Del Horno - Rated 88

Out

Silvano Raggio Garibaldi - Rated 70

Rodrigues Fabiano - Rated 86

Tommaso Ghinassi - Rated 75

Rodrigues Wilson - Rated 80

Damián Lanza - Rated 82

Alessio Scapri - Rated 84

Mirko Lamantia - Rated 70

So as you can probably tell i have simply sold all of the players that are not needed in my squad' date=' in doing this i have earnt a bit of extra cash and will continue to buy players. In the buying department i have bought two future prospects which are both in the youth squad and two first team players which will either play on a regular basis or as a reserve. I also still have 10 million remaining with which i am looking to[b'] buy one more 88/89 rated player [/b]as well as maybe one or two more future prospects.

Manchester United have revealed that Saha is available for a just cash deal...

And if Fazio arrives tomorrow then Silvestre will also be available

Tevez is leaving for 7m+Quagliarella+Di Natale+Felipe

Sparky believes this is the right deal for his squad:rolleyes:

Manchester United have revealed that Saha is available for a just cash deal...

And if Fazio arrives tomorrow then Silvestre will also be available

Tevez is leaving for 7m+Quagliarella+Di Natale+Felipe

Sparky believes this is the right deal for his squad:rolleyes:

lol you'l be doing cross setup transfers next mate :P

Guest Toggs

Kas Imbrahim (21,85,CB) of Besiktas and more importantly, Marc Crosas (20,83,CM) both definite signings for Kayseri and join in the morning.

Along with another defender that is 80% on his way, Toggs is looking for a LM to finish his spenidng. Prefably under 23 and rated between 80-85.

Also maybe a few youngsters will be joining for nominal fees.

391.gif

Engelaar Finally Seals Move

1131.jpg

Orlando Engelaar finally joins fellow Dutch international Arjen Robben at Bayern after days of negotiations. He joins for 6 million and German youngster Celozzi. The deal originally included Ottl leaving for Twente but the manager decided not to accept it. Immediately loaned out to America but could feature if recalled

ARSHAVIN LEFT OUT OF ZENIT SQUAD TO FACE SPARTAK AS IT LOOKS CERTAIN HE'LL BE LEAVING!

Zenit, 93 rated star Andrei Arshavin looks certain to be leaving the UEFA Cup champions after being 'left' out of the Zenit squad to meet spartak in the season opener tonight. A quote read "Andrei is not in our plans for tonight, and for the future, we'll see,"

Guest Toggs

Re: Gold Championship 17 Discussion

A win you couldn't even imagine as a team of Kayseri reserves averaging only a rating of 80, cruised pst a full strength Houston Dynamo, winning 5-0.

Reserve striker Textiera Machado opened the scoring, and Calik shortly after made it 2-0 going into half time. Machado then scored his 2nd, making it 3-0 before he was subbed off at the 60th minute. 1 miunte later, Calik made it 4-0 with a diving header. Calik's persisitance was rewarded when he got his hat-trick, scoring into the bottom left corner.

Matt's going to be very quiet for a while. Calik starts upfront tonight with Manucho, and T.Machado will definitly be the man to call on if theres any injuries after that performance.

Going to Fenerbahce tonight. Am now very confident that we can get maybe a point from the game. Want to make sure we dont concede any more than 3 goals.

New signings this morning include Marc Crosas whos joined from Lyon for a fee of 4M. Kas Imbrahim of Besiktas joined for a fee just short of 4M. Gerado Cortes joined from Deportivo Cortes for a fee of 5.5M, which Toggs is convinced is money well spent. Lastly, Kay Voser joined from Grasshoppers for a fee just over 3M. He can play anywhere in the defense.

Big report on the Setup News thread will come later with the result, wish me luck.

Long search for a striker ends!!

wolfsburgskin.jpg

Persistence payed off for the new manager in charge after he had launched many bids for a striker. Bids for Gouffran, Cavenaghi, Guerrero and Odemwingie were all unsuccessful but when all hope seemed to be lost, Sheva managed to land Besiktas striker Filip Holosko. The deal meant that Wolfsburg had to part ways with Danijel Ljuboja and also some cash was involved in the deal and Sheva insists that this was a great signing.

He is a fantastic player. He makes goals and scores them as well. He has fantastic dribbling skills and is a type of player that can make something out of nothing and i feel that he will be hit here in Germany.

The Slovakian international forward will be most likely employed as a lone forward with Grafite and Misimovic just in behing which may see Axel Witsel make his way onto the bench. Holosko managed 7 goals for Besiktas in his short spell at the club and he said that he is delighted with the move to Germany after he spent 3 years in Turkey.

Holosko5.jpg

Will he be a hit in Germany?

Manchester United Transfers

Argentinian striker Carlos Tevez has completed a move to Italain side Udinese, he left for a fee of £7,000,000 + Fabio Qaugliarella and Antonio Di Natale. Sparky believes that it was the right deal for depth wise as he wants to build a team, not just keep star players.

Di Natale and Quagliarella will make their debut tonight against Wigan alongside Daniel Alves and Jesus Navas.

In other news, Mikael Silvestre and Louis Saha will have completed a move to Avellino after negotiations went smoothly with the club. It is reported that Sparky and Avellino manager John Friel are very good friends, Saha has moved for a fee of £4,000,000, and French defender Silvestre will move tomorrow.

63_front_small.gif350.gif12_front_small.gif

FENERBACHE READY FOR UNDERDOGS

Kayseri Erciyesspor's newly built squad will face Turkish Giants Fenerbache In What Will Be A True David And Goliath Match, But Hopefully Goliath Will Win.

Kevin has een on the end of a few shock defeats but this is one Kevin hopes to Avoid, Kevin Said "We play each other 4 Times it will be hard to avoid a shock result, but i am optimistic my squad can pull through and take the title this season, i am only worried about 3 Team i face this year Them being Kayseri Erciyesspor, Galatasary And Besiktas"

This season will be hard as one position is there for SMFA Champs Cup and one for the Shield which means everyone will be playing for it.

ARSHAVIN 'IN TALK'S' WITH TWO ENGLISH CLUBS

We understand that Ardei Arshavin has flown out to England this evening to hold on-going discussions with 2 english teams, insted of playing for Zenit St Petersburg, according to his agent.

We understand that Liverpool are the latest club to have lodged a serious bid for the player, but no real agreement has been made just yet so we understand. "Andrei is out to talk to two english clubs today, not play for Zenit St Petersburg," "He has had it clear to him that he no longer is wanted in Russia with Zenit, so that's how that will settle," His agent told the offical website of Zenit St Petersburg.

Guest the plummer

Spence says his team is more than ready for the season ahead.

He has stated he is over the moon with the transfers and some may quesiton them but he felt most of the players going out where dead wood.

Diego from werder joined for Baptista && Ruud Van Nistlroy but spence rates the brazzilian as one of the best in the game.

Rafeal Van Der Vart Joined For Saviola And Salagado and all of Real Madrids Remaining 18 million Pound Budget. But this is on the understanding that The hamburg manager gets first dibs at Bakery Kone when his TB is over.

Martin Demachelles Also joins from Bayern after signing for Robben and Metzelder . Its a shame to see them go but spence needed a Center Back

After Signing three world class players spence still insist's his best signing is Bakery Kone for chairman vaulue as his team where unmanaged and he knows its a key key signing.

Spence's team are more than ready

we welcome the chase.

Guest the plummer

Also....

I Have Never Won On The First Night Of A Gold Championship Campaign !

Please Give Me My First Ever Victory :o

skin.jpg

Manchester United Overview

Just a few hours left till Manchester United start their league campaign after the European Championships. United's Pre-Season has gone well as they visited the Caribbean as a treat for last season's triumph.

This season saw a new manager and a new look Manchester United, there have been numerous transfers with many top names leaving, critics believe that the lucky ones survived.

Manchester United Transfers - In

• Lukas Magera - The first signing of the summer for the English champions, the 25 year old Czech international who arrived from Banik Ostrava impressed United according to Carlos Queiroz and was snapped up straight away. He cost United a fee of £7,000,000 as the Devils beat German side Frankfurt to his signing. Magera has now gone on loan to Italian side Genoa to gain first team football, Genoa manager Sam Pooley is also a good friend of Sparky.

• King Gyan Osei - This 19 year old defensive midfielder had gained a lot of interest from some of the world's leading clubs but once again United beat their rivals as they secured a £4,000,000 deal for the youngster from Germinal Beerschot. Osei was bought to boost United's youth options but was sent out on loan straight away to gain experience. The Ghanaian moves to Salamanca on a season long loan.

• Israel Castro - This deal saw two players leave United for UNAM, Scottish midfielder Darren Fletcher and Irish defender John O'Shea both departed with the champions to make way for 27 year old Mexican right back Castro. Castro was bought as an inital replacement for Gary Nevilla who left to finish his career in Burnley. Castro is not currently first choice right back but Sparky has said that he will play a vital role in United's season.

• Teemu Tainio - Teemu was bought from fellow English club Tottenham Hotspurs, it was reported that the midfielder cost United £7,000,000. He was brought to add depth to the squad but with the likes of Carrick, Hargreaves and Anderson, Tainio was fourth choice central midfielder, therefore was loaned out to Burnley.

• Arturo Sanhueza - A player who impressed Manchester United from the start, The Chilean central midfielder also cost £7,000,000 but has been promised first team football ahead of fellow new man Tainio. There ave been many interests for the player but Manchester United insist that Sanhueza will be one of their most important players of the season.

• Silva Dani Alves - Arguably one of the best right backs in the world, this young Brazilian arrived from Spanish giants Sevilla to solve United's right back problems. Heading the other was was Wes Brown, Paul Scholes and £18,000,000. Dani Alves already joins a strong defense with the likes of Nemanja Vidic, Rio Ferdinand and Patrice Evra. This deal was described 'As the best yet' by assistant coach Carlos Queiroz.

• Frederico Fazio - The young Argentinian was brought initially as part of an ongoing deal with Sevilla, but it is now believed that the 21 year old will replace Mikael Silvestre in defense. Fazio has been given the job as captain on cup games. Ryan Giggs went the other in this deal along with £2,000,000.

Total Expenditure - £45,000,000

Manchester United Transfers - Out

Louis Saha - The Frenchman has been disappointing ever since joining the champions, his place in the team was taken away and therefore asked for a transfer request. His destination - Avellino, wehre Sparky met with good friend John Friel to talk about a possible move for him and defender Mikael Silvestre. Louis Saha completed his move earlier today for a fee of £4,000,000.

• Mikael Silvestre - A bid had been accepted today to take him to Avellino, he will join Mikael Silvestre in a deal which costs £3,000,000. Silvestre was linked with Bordeaux but it was reported that the French club wanted him on a seasons long loan. But with Fazio in the squad, there was no need for the Frenchman and therefore packed his bags.

• Wayne Rooney - It was a surprise sale by the European champions but young Wayne Rooney had already revealed that he was uncomfortable with the new manager and his new style of tactics/approach to the players. Rooney received a lot of interest from Europe's leading clubs but it was Sevilla who matched United's asking price as he completed a move to Spain for a fee of £10,000,000 + Clemente Luis Fabiano + Jesus Navas. Manchester United were constantly linked with Fabiano and were pleased to secure the Brazilian's services.

• Gary Neville - It was inevitable, with Castro and Alves in the squad, Neville was third choice right back, and despite pledging his whole future to United, the Manchester United board believed that he deserved some first team football for a team who needed experience and ability. And what better destination than Burnley? Neville completed a £5,000,000 swoop and is expected to play a key part in Burnley's season.

• Carlos Tevez - The most shocking deal of all, Tevez completed a move to Italian side Udinese days after signing a new contract, Udinese had met with the striker a day ago and had contacted Manchester United. Udinese tabled a tempting offer which included £7,000,000, Antonio Di Natale and Fabio Quagliarella. Both players arrived at United today with Tevez heading the other way. All three players are expected to make their debuts for their respective clubs. The deal also consists of central defender Felipe heading to United.

Manchester United's Who's Who?

Manager - Mitu Ahmed, also known as Sparky has built a respectable reputation in the football world among his colleagues. He is known for winning the French league with Lyon and the Coppa Del Rey with Spanish side Atletico Madrid. After Sir Alex Ferguson's decision to retire, the Glazers took no hesitation to contact the young manager and offer him the vacant role as manager of the world's biggest club.

Assistant Coach - Carlos Queiroz has played a vital role in Manchester United's success, he is a close friend of former manager Ferguson and is more than pleased to offer his services to Sparky. It was Queiroz who was offered the managerial role first but the Portuguese kindly rejected.

Team Captain - Rio Ferdinand is finally proving that he is worth the amount that United paid for him. The Englishman played a huge role in United's success last season and hopes to continue his brilliant form.

Set Piece Taker - Cristiano Ronaldo's future at Manchester United looked in doubt as there was huge interest from Spanish sides Barcelona and Real Madrid,, but Ronaldo pledged his future to United and recently signed a five year deal. The young winger is known for his boisterous free kicks and swerving corners, he hopes to continue his form of last season and achieve even greater things.

Penalty Taker - Clemente Luis Fabiano is a player who was interested Manchester United since the beginning of last season, he finished top scorer of La Liga last year and hopes that he can prove himself in the best league in the world.

SMFA Champions Cup Group E

49.gif174.gif282.gif313.gif

An easy group on paper for the current holders as they face no big threats. Sparky's friend Guy Sternburg also hopes to qualify with his Villareal but Bordeaux and River Plate are capable of a surprise or two.

Manchester United's aim this season will be to retain the European Cup but will find it difficult as their squad isn't the biggest of all. Manager Sparky will have to rotate wisely if he is to keep players fit for the cup and league.

49.gifManchester United VS Wigan Athletic86.gif

Manchester United kick their season off with a home tie against Wigan Athletic, despite being the favourites to take all three points, Sparky has warned that Wigan have made some extremely smart moves int he transfer market and could just be the dark horse. Sparky has told his players to stay on top of their game throughout the whole course and never be caught out.

Win Or Lose - Report To Follow:)

overveiw.gif

Sevilla So Far...

Transfers

page.gif

Wayne Rooney : Wayne Rooney will be sevilla's star striker for this season , as Daniel has bought 3 top strikers . Daniel is relying on ronney to be the main source of goals this season.

Shaun wright Phillips : Swap deal for capel , Daniel didn't feel this was the best deal for sevilla , however capel was not doing anything in the side , and Daniel feels that Shaun will fit nicely into RM . Applying himself , and giving plenty of assists.

Ryan Giggs : Daniel thought that Ryan Giggs would like to finish his career in Spain , not that he is retiring . Daniel got Ryan as part of a huge deal with Mitu Ahmed . Giggs will start in LM for tonights Game .

Alessandro Del Piero : Another Fantastic forward snapped up by Daniel , Del piero joined Camourenesi in a Deal for Poulsen . Del piero will start on the Bench at the moment but will be out Cup winner when the Cup games get under way.

Mauro Camoranesi : Will start CM in Daniel Sevilla side , another Fantastic asset to our team , Mauro will be our current Play maker and will take the place of Cristian Poulsen.

Wes Brown : Will take the place of Daniel Alves . Brown got sick of playing under Man Utd and decided he wanted to move . He will be one of our heroes this season.

Paul Scholes : Another Man Utd legend is now at sevilla , Paul will start alongside Mauro in the centre of the Park , Daniel would love to see him bag a few Goals .

Clement Luis Fabiano & Jesus Navas: Daniel will miss Fabiano as he would of got a few goals as the season went by , but it wasn't to be as he joined Jesus navas in the Deal for Wayne Rooney .

Silva Daniel Alves : Again Daniel will miss him , but Daniel is confident that brown will fill in nicely in his place , He was sold for Brown and Paul scholes as part of the big deal.

Federico Fazio : Fazio would not of been played at sevilla for some time , so Daniel sold him for Left Midfeilder Ryan Giggs .

Trinidad Diego Capel Sold for cash and then brought Shaun wright phillips , again like fazio wouldn't get played a lot . but Daniel will miss him .

Cristian Poulsen : Sold for Del Piero and Camourenesi , Daniel accepted the deal because he would have been replaced by Camorenesi..

skin.jpg

Impressive Start As New Signings Shine...

49.gifManchester United 5-0 Wigan Athletic86.gif

It was the perfect start to Manchester United's season and Sparky's new job. A brilliant 5-0 thrashing at home takes Manchester United right at the top where they belong.

Manchester United gave debuts to four players with one starting as a substitute, and all four players shone as two of them managed to bag a goal each.

Right winger Jesus Navas and striker Clemente Luis Fabiano grabbed a goal in their debut to help the champions thrash Wigan Athletic.

Nemanja Vidic, Cristiano Ronaldo and Luis Nani also managed to grab a goal each to make this brilliant win all the more impressive.

Other results saw Chelsea destroy West Brom 5-1. Liverpool edged past Manchester City and Ronaldinho scores to help Arsenal take all three points from Craven Cottage.

Scorers

Jesus Navas (4) 1-0 Wigan Athletic

Nemanja Vidic (33) 2-0 Wigan Athletic

Cristiano Ronaldo (55) 3-0 Wigan Athletic

Luis Fabiano (61) 4-0 Wigan Athletic

Luis Nani (68) 5-0 Wigan Athletic

2958_1209755861.jpg2968_1209755861.jpg

Navas & Fabiano Shine

Manchester United travel to White Hart Lane on Wednesday to face Ben Read's Tottenham Hotspurs, and then two days later, they face fierce rivals Liverpool

Guest R. Peters

Sao Paulo 3 - 0 Fluminense

Backstory

Today made the day of of Ryan Peters, who has no experience in the Brazillian league and had to pack his bags from England, Birmingham. When Peters joined he was impressed with the young players Sao Paulo are developing. When Peters taken him first step into Sao Paulo's stadium, Morumbi. He couldn't believe the stadium was 80,000. Ryan also knew that having Leite Adriano, and Rogerio Ceni in the same team could create opportunities, that's why Sao Paulo are in the Champions League! Peters admitted he was in love with Brazil so early and loved the weather, however, Sao Paulo supporters were more focused on Ryan Peters' managerial skills than his interest in Brazil...

Summer signings

Ryan had negotiated with the English giants, Chelsea manager. Peters who was interested in the former Brazillian captain, Beletti declared interest in him to roughen his defence up. Peters got more than he bargained for and the world-class Andriy Shevchenko had also signed for Sao Paulo! What a great attraction and notice this had in Brazil.

Behind the scenes

Peters, lacking sleep finally found a formation to sort out his mixture of youth and experienced team. The 3-2-2-2-1!

Kick off

Sao Paulo started in control dominating in possession, Belletti looked strong heading away the long Fluminense balls. The deadlock had been broken when hot-prospect Ferreria, WAGNER thundered it into the back of the net, rising 80,000 fans off their chairs! 7 Minutes later, Man of the moment, Andriy SHEVCHENKO headered the ball into the back of the net throwing his T-Shirt off, throwing it into the crowd (Yellow card). At this moment, it was vintage Sao Paulo and there looked now way getting back into it from Fluminense... Things got even worse! 8 minutes later, Leite ADRIANO boosted things to 3-0 after a thunderous long-drive shot went top-right corner leaving the goal keeper in dream land. Sao Paulo played the match quietly the second half and toy'd around with their exhausted Fluminense team.

The last word

Belletti was awarded man of the match and Ceni was proud to have kept a clean sheet! Peters was given the bottle of champagne by Belletti and his team-mates cheered Peters' name. So early in the season after 1 game, but a great impressin from Peters! Here is what he had to say: I knew what I was getting into when I came to Brazil, err, I am very proud of my new signings. We are champions league material and I believe we can make history!