Gold Championship 17 - Setup News

Re: Gold Championship 17 - Setup News

''A little Reshuffle and we'll be Fine''

result.gif

Sevilla had a shock result against Sporting gijon tonight , they could only manage a 1-1 draw. Daniel said after the game '' I was a little dissapointed with the result today , but that was our first game together as a team and we to find out our tactics. We need a new left back , but a little reshuffle and we'll be fine''.

monacolu8.jpg

Monaco News

Podolski on fire, as Monaco gate crash Toulouse 3-2!

The game was built to fine potential as Monaco manager Mark Owen had bought in many signings, and the fans were off their seats. DIEGO PEREZ scored on the 25th minute to put Monaco in the lead. It was a fantastic move, which led to a fantastic goal. Celebration's were put on hold as Toulouse fired back 2 minutes later through MATHIEU. The game was now greatly poised for the second half at 1 - 1

The second half began with great influence as PODOLSKI created a early chance but failed to capitalise from the keeper's fumble. But, a minute later PODOLSKI got his just rewards. An amazing combination from the two new signings, SORIN crossed the ball in low as the flat footed centre back is caught out by pure genius by PODOLSKI, which allows him to roll it into the lower left corner. Just 4 minutes later, on the 51st minute PODOLSKI lashes out a screamer to the top corner. What a signing he could prove to be!

2 minutes later, Toulouse scored and were back in it, the goal came from a disapointing fumble from ROMA, which allowed GIGNAC to slot it in to bring the game to 3-2. Toulouse tired out and Monaco created some lovely possession, which kept it at 3-2.

t1podolskike7.jpg

Lukas Podolski scores twice as Monaco enjoy a fantastic night

"It was a fantastic first mach for the lads, and they deserve credit. Bring On Lyon."

MONACO FACE LYON IN THEIR NEXT MATCH. CAN PODOLSKI KEEP HIS GOAL SCORING UP? OR WILL LYON WIN?

Guest R. Peters

Sao Paulo declare interest in Manchester United's Luis ANDERSON

Ryan Peters was earlier interviewed in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Peters was interviewed by a local and Peters had this to say:

The rumors are true, I've been interested in Luis ever since i've been in Brazil, he was first in mind for me. He has everything needed to complete my team, I even have four scoutsmen on him for his matches at 'Utd. I am willing to sacrifice a player or two and cash, to enable Anderson come home in Brazil where he belongs with 80,000 Brazillian fans cheering him on at the Morumbi with the red and white Sao Paulo T-Shirt on his chest!

Columbas crew top the table!!!

columbuscrew.thumbnail.png

Columbas crew have got the best start possable beating New England revelution 3-0

Columbas were fired up for the match and it showed as they dominated the first 10 min Then came the first goal O'Rouke grabbing a little touch to guide it past new englands keeper Former new england keeper kevin hartman kept his old side at bay as columbas crew headed into half time 1-0 The seconnd half was more end to end action both sides having chances to get a goal or 2 but none of them went in. Then with 5 min left moreno got Columbas crews second goal then he scored again 3 min later. Moreno picked up MOM aard and he has this to say

"Im very proud to pick this award up, its a bounes to get 2 late goals but the most important thing is were top of the league and now have a building block."

At the end of the match Columbas crews manager had a word with sky sports

" Im very happy and pleased with my sides preformance and hope we can take it into our next game agaisnt houstan dynamo, we are a strong side and im hopeing we win the league and get in to the SMFA shied we have a good building block and lets hope we can carry this on into the season."

1 COLUMBUS CREW 1 1 0 0 3 0 3 3

2 Chivas USA 1 1 0 0 2 0 2 3

3 D.C. United 1 1 0 0 2 1 1 3

4 Chicago Fire 1 1 0 0 2 1 1 3

5 Colorado Rapids 1 0 1 0 2 2 0 1

6 Houston Dynamo 1 0 1 0 2 2 0 1

7 Los Angeles Galaxy 1 0 0 1 1 2 -1 0

8 New York 1 0 0 1 1 2 -1 0

9 Kansas City Wizards 1 0 0 1 0 2 -2 0

10 New England Revolution 1 0 0 1 0 3 -3 0

Theres the table chives and columbas crew both scored 3 but crew have a better manager thats why there top :D.

391.gif

Bayern Start Well

fcb_toni_torjubel_468x345.jpg

Luca Toni may have taken himself off the TL tonight and a new contract after scoring the only goal in a tight match against FC Koln. it came in the 18th minute with a barrage of shots (26) only one found the back of the net. 61% of the possession is also a great sign that the team is doing exactly what it should be and thats keeping the ball. At the end of the day we don't care how many we win by just the fact we secure victory is all the counts. Trochowski also came on and had a good 30 mins but still will be on the bench for next Wednesday's game against Kalsruher.

610x.jpg

421.gifCeltic 3-0 Inverness CT502.gif

Scorers

Paul HARTLEY (Celtic), 2 mins

Aiden MCGEADY (Celtic), 39 mins

Jan VENNEGOOR OF HESSELINK (Celtic), 69 mins

Celtic got their campaign off to the perfect start as they defeated Inverness CT as expected at Celtic Park, the game was played in front of a sell out crowd and some of the late comers would have missed the opening goal as it was scored only two minutes into the game and it came for Celtic as Paul HARTLEY pounced on a rebounded shot to put Celtic 1-0 up, the second goal of the game came five minutes before half time as young Irish sensation Aiden MCGEADY scored a rare headed goal to put Celtic 2-0 up going into the break.

The game was all but wrapped up on the 69th minute as Celtic got their third and final goal and it was Jan VENNEGOOR OF HESSELINK who smashed home a 20 yard low drive to ensure Celtic got their league campaign started with three points.

Misimovic shines as Wolfsburg get off to a flyer!!

wolfsburgskin.jpg

Expectations were high for Sheva's men, taking on a much weaker and freshly promoted side. It was disappoiting to see that even the small stadium, which has a capacity of 30,000, wasnt even full. There were a couple hundred empty seats.

Things started off badly for the home side as Monchengladbach shocked the crowd as they went ahead courtesy of a wicked deflection. Attacking midfielder Polanski took credit for the goal. The lead didnt last long as, latest signing, Filip Holosko equalised 2 minutes later with a great strike. Holosko then put Wolfsburg ahead 20 minutes later after he pounced on a rebound. Mochengladbach then drew level again to the surprise of the crowd. Just before the half time whistle Patrick Pauuwe was able to get his team level when he was granted with an easy finish after a defensive mix up. The Moechengladbach manager looked the happier out of the two managers after the half-time whistle

Sheva's half-time pep talk seemed to have livened the mood of a rather shocked team as Bosnian international Zvjezdan Misimovic put Wolfsburg ahead after he pounced on a rebound. With a quarter of an hour to go, Misimovic looked to have rapped it up with a brilliant goal. He majestically curled the ball from 25 yards giving the keeper no chance at all. Something to drive the home fans wild. It wasnt over though. Misimovic wasnt finished, he completed his hattrick by scoring an absolute screamer from the edge of the penalty area 9 minutes from time. A perfect finish to a perfect game for the Bosnian midfielder.

Absolutely ecsatatic with the win. Was a very disappoiting first half and it was poor defending on our part. Everything was tightened up in the second half and we were definitely more organised and clearly the better team. Overall i am very happy and it was great to see Holosko have a dream debut. His goals in the first half were vital and a special credit must go to him. Obviously' date=' Misimovic was superb today, the complete performance and i am glad he completed his hattrick as i thought, this was something he thoroughly deserved. Very happy with the boys today.[/quote']

Wolfsburg's next game sees them travelling to face an already struggling Energie Cottbus who were inflicted with a heavy defeat in the opener.

zvjezdan_misimovic_756805.jpg

Perfect start!

330.gif

New signing strikes, in opening day stalemate

lucas.jpg

Having been preffered to new players Sahin Nuri and Merouane Fellaini in the midfield attacking three, LUCAS BIGLIA proved his worth as he scored on eleven minutes as to put Marseille ahead at Nancy. Marseille boss Philp knew it would always be a hard match but when his side got the early goal was happy with the start to the match. Djibril Cisse was ordered off on 19 minutes, and the injury to right back Laurent Bonnart saw things decline from then on for Philp and his team. The match ended 1-1, as Marc-Antoine Fortune equalised on 55 minutes to give each side a share of points.

-----------------------------------------------

Superstar Nasri heads to the Emirates, London

Samir_Nasri_483962a.jpg

He played his first match of the season for Marseille tonight, but from now on, SAMIR NASRI will hail from London as he makes the move to England to Arsenal. The fans were outraged at the news that a minimal fee had been accepted but later acknowledged that the arrivals of the Gunners to the Velodrome were worth it. Arsenal duo Tomas Rosicky and Bacary Sagna head to France, and will be regulars in the first team for Marseille for years to come it seems. It was understandable that Philp was reluctant to part with the 20 year old sensation, but the deal in the other instance is indefinitely worth it.

76201.jpg64469.jpg

The two integral players from Arsene Wenger's side move to Marseille

New Manager At Hertha

Manager lil_kick_kid has taken over at Hertha BSC Berlin after an opening appeared. He left his old club Rennes so he could manage Hertha. Luckily Rennes have found a good new manager in Nick Justice. This was said by manager lil_kick_kid when he arrived in Germany.

hertha-bsc-berlin-2241.jpg

I am delighted to be here and am happy that Hertha BSC Berlin have such a great squad. I am particularly happy to be managing in Germany seeing as the Bundesliga is where my knowledge in football is the most useful. I am glad that I could make it here and am very delighted that the fans like me!

Goals This Season

After much consideration new manager lil_kick_kid has chosen his goals for this season. If they are not for filled the team will be disappointed but the club will do their best to surpass their season objectives. They are as follows:

-Make the top half of the table but try and qualify for international competition

-Keep a positive finance balance all season

-Get more depth in the squad

-Bring in young players with bright futures, players who will be rising soon and strong players who can be part of the starting line-up

Hertha have already made bids for a few players and will be hoping to get as many as possible accepted. Transfers will be a hefty part of this season but Hertha are hoping to be very intelligently active in the transfer market.

Recent Results

1 game was played before manager lil_kick_kid took over in Berlin. This game was against Hannover 96. Unofrtunately manager lil_kick_kid had no say in the tactics as he took over after the game had ended. Still Hertha pulled off a 1-0 win where defender Arne Friedrich scored the goal. Although Hertha had more possession, Hannover had more shots and shots on goal. Hertha were also lucky that Husztsi got sent off after 2 yellow cards. Lil_kick_kid is happy with the result his new team has achieved.

Message To All Other Managers!

Hertha are looking for any 89+ players to join the squad so if there are any 89+ players that you as a manager are willing to get rid of please PM me either on the forum or on the game. I would be very thankful. You can propose a deal to me, whether P/E or cash or even both. Thank you in advance (if you PM me that is).

Sao Paulo declare interest in Manchester United's Luis ANDERSON

Ryan Peters was earlier interviewed in Sao Paulo' date=' Brazil. Peters was interviewed by a local and Peters had this to say:[/quote']

skin.jpg

United Issue Hands Off Warning!

English champions Manchester United have warned Brazilian giants Sao Paulo that Anderson is not going anywhere. Anderson arrived last year from FC Porto and has been inspirational in Manchester United's season. The young playmaker came on as a sub for Owen Hargreaves tonight to help his team thrash WIgan Athletic 5-0.

When asked about Luis Anderson's availability, Sparky told SMTV:

"He will stay, it's as simple as that. He is a player who is developing and growing, he will improve in the future and cannot lose him. Luis is one of football's hottest prospects and I will not leave for cheap. He is happy here and has signed a new contract which will keep him until 2012."

400x400_AndersonNew.jpg

Anderson Staying

Guest the plummer

Re: Gold Championship 17 Discussion

Spence has got a shortlist of players he is on the look out to buy.

Yakubu

Torres

Benzema

Modric

Anderson

Pallandino

Garay

Chellieni

Taylor

I No I Will Only Sign One Of Them But They Will Be Good Signings

Have been receiving PM's for many different players of mine...

But the only players available are Hargreaves + Carrick...

Prefre P/E, or can use one of em + Cash for a replacement CM...

Bear in mind that they MAY rise in the next ratings:o :D

Guest R. Peters

Sao Paulo selling Richarlyson! (90)

After having a big bust up with manager, Ryan Peters. Richarlyson was last night put on the transfer market! One of Sao Paulo's best players, this can't be giving Ryan Peters any good reputation. Richarlyson who participated in Sao Paulo's 3-0 dominant win over Fluminense is stunned.

63_front_small.gif350.gif12_front_small.gif

Deivid On Fire As Fener Stroll Past Underdogs!

A 4 - 0 Victory Over Underdog's Kayseri See's Fener Fire To The Top Of The League, Deivid The Main Striker Smacked 2 Past A Helpsless Riou

Deivid_464844a.jpg

Goals From Ali And Dracena Sealed An Impressive Victory!

Spireites Take Victory

cheslogo.jpg

Chesterfield 1 v 0 Lincoln City

Chesterfield ground out a 1-0 win against Lincoln City in Widdys first game in charge, although the scoreline does not do justice to the exciting game that the near 7000 spectators witnessed at Saltergate.

In an end to end match, with no fewer than 42 shots on goal, the Spireites struggled to find the net, hitting the woodwork and coming close on numerous occasions.

Georghe Florescu shone in the first half with his mazy runs and superb control of the ball, making the Lincoln defenders look like statues at times, he threatened goal on several occasions and came agonisingly close to a tremendous solo goal on 25 Mins, jinking past several Lincoln players before uleashing a shot which flew inches wide of the goal.

On 34 Mins came the breakthrough that Chesterfield deserved, as a cross from the left, found new signing from HJK Jarno Parikka in the penalty box and with one touch control, he calmly placed the ball past the flapping Lincoln keeper and into the net.......the young 21 year old Finnish Striker celebrated his first goal for Chesterfield with several perfect back flips, the likes of which a gymnast would have been proud of.

The second half brought more chances for both teams but there never looked like being another goal, as the defences and keepers were on top form.

After the game we spoke to Widdy, he said, "Well John, we made hard work of that, although I thought Lincoln played very well, I really expected us to be more clinical in our finishing, at this level it's all about goals and NOT fancy footwork", Widdy also added, "On the whole I was happy with our performance but, if we keep missing the goal, I will have to get the team sponsored by SpecSavers", Widdy then hurried off, mumbling something about Andrex Triple Quilted and a dodgy curry he had from the Dheli Belly Curryhouse

Jarno.jpg

Chesterfields new wonderkid Jarno Parikka, scorer of the only goal.

Sevilla sign there youth star Urby Emanuelson

250px-Urby_Emanuelson.jpg

Sevilla now filled there left back position after completing the signing of Urby Emanuelson this Morning . Daniel was Pleased with unveiling his new player and said ' Urby has been playing fantastic for Ajax last Season , now im sure he will play fantastic for us this season.

manager C.M has sensationally quit rubin kazan to take over the job at spanish side Almeria. C.M said : i was sad to leave the kazan side but when an offer like this comes up you can't refuse.

C.M has announced that argentinian youngster pablo.piatti can be offered for any 89+ player also Negredo can PM me for deals

Exeter City 2 - 1 Hereford United

0-1

(Franco Di Santo, 3 minutes)

1-1

(Dong Fangzhuo, 10 minutes)

2-1

(Rob Edwards, 51 minutes)

Exeter City opened the season with a home win over Smartdoc's Hereford in a closely fought game. Both sides playing with a 4-4-2 formation, the game was a close one and Exeter will be relieved to take maximum points.

Franco Di Santo had given Hereford the lead in the 3rd minute as excellent passing left him clear on goal.

But City were soon level, with loanee Dong hitting a powerful shot in off the post.

The second half was tight with neither side wanting to make a mistake but trying to get a goal for the win. It was left to Wembley hero Rob Edwards to fire a low shot into the bottom corner, sealing the 3 points in the 51st minute.

Exeter's John Goossens, pre-season signing from Ajax, will be out for around 8 days with a bruised head.

On the transfer front, Exeter completed the signing of Tommaso Ghinassi from Genoa for £300k last week. He made his debut last night partnering Matt Taylor in the centre of defence.

ZENIT ST PETERSBURG 1-0 SPARTAK MOSCOW

WINNING START FOR THE UEFA CUP HOLDERS

A Pogrebynak goal secured a good solid start for the UEFA Cup 2007/08 champions Zenit St Petersburg. Spartak had the better of the first half and arguably should of gone 2-0 ahead before the break, but for keeper Malafeev. On 30 minuits it was a firm heading goal from pogrebynak which gave the hosts a 1-0 lead they might of not deserved. Second half saw different viewing, A Circus crew entertained the fans at half time, arguable the players too!

circus2.jpg

Second half saw Zenit get into their stride and play better football. Pogrebynak's volley on the hour mark was beaten away superbly by Spartak goalkeeper Pletikosa, and Tymoschuk had a goal ruled out for offside.

At full time the clowns were back to appluad the hosts, and one infact made their way into the changing rooms! Poor security work then at Petrovski stadium! However, terrific 3 points for Zenit in their quest for title glory!

2351064884.jpg