Gold Championship 17 - Setup News

Re: Gold Championship 17 - Setup News

s_146487b1400c7e1cdb8ac6a244417b86.jpg

Reece Starts Racing With Ferrol.

Reece's small Spanish club Racing Ferrol started its season on a win great news for any club and Reece was overjoyed because it was just the first game of the season and it was an Away game Reece had this to say after the game.

This is so great a fairytale start for Racing Club Away games are always hard and we are definately not the best team in the Segunda by long shot but by the end of the season this will change dramatically.

In other related news we have secured the loan signing of Pedro Mantorras he is one of the best players at the club now and to have an international player from Angola to play for the international team you have to be pure class.

25man.jpg

"The new man Mantorras"

Also other signings include the Colombian duo Juan Botero and Julian Barahona.

Guest Toggs

Re: Gold Championship 17 Discussion

Important match tonight as Kayseri Erciyesspor host Trabzonspor.

The formation is set to be a 4-4-2 Diamond Midfield. It would mean Thierry Doubai gets his dayview at the DM spot. Crosas and Bouazizi would ge tthe nod for the CM spots. Expected front-line as Mauncho and Calik are set to head that. Also a un-changed defnse is exoected to be fielded:

---------Riou---------

--Voser---Ibrahim---Song---Drenthe--

----------Doubai----------

----Crosas------Bouazizi----

-----------Sosa-----------

-----Manucho----Calik-----

Manchester United face Tottenham Hotspurs today, and manager Sparky has said that he will change the team's formation as he wants to see which formation works best with his team...

Nani, Anderson, Di Natale, Quagliarella and new signing Felipe are expected to start :)

Good luck Ben Read :)

Manchester United face Tottenham Hotspurs today' date=' and manager Sparky has said that he will change the team's formation as he wants to see which formation works best with his team...

Nani, Anderson, Di Natale, Quagliarella and new signing Felipe are expected to start :)

Good luck Ben Read :)[/quote']

I'll be needing it :rolleyes:

... It's fair to say i haven't got off to the best of starts this season. Lets just hope Berbatov and Keane can hit in a couple of goals. I will probably keep the same line-up but the tactics have to change (Although I'll still probably play on the counter attack).

I don't think Sparky will be doing a Match Report for this setup tonight :D;)

2-0 to the Spurs

EDIT: He did post the result seconds before i wrote this :o

Congrats mate!:)

But funnily enough I managed to lose or draw in all my GC's:confused: :rolleyes:

Except GC16 with Inter lol..

It happens all the time to me, I either win in all or lose in all:D

Watch next time at Old Trafford, but well played :):P

Sevilla up to fifth!

score.jpg

Daniels sevilla had a fantastic game today as they sailed through tonight game against mallorca . Giggs , scholes and meresca scored to send mallorca packing . Daniel said after the game.

We played a fantastic game tonight , i didn't play emmanuelson tonight as i needed to know we could do well without him , im still on the lookout for more players : i would like to put some silverwere onto my profile this year , but i feel that it will be ever so hard as there are 4 or 5 teams all thinking the same as me . But i know if i keep a constantly fit squad , i will be in with a chance .

425.gifHibernian 0-2 Celtic421.gif

Scorers

Jan VENNEGOOR OF HESSELINK (Celtic), 52 mins

Gary CALDWELL (Celtic), 65 mins

Celtic travelled to the Scottish capital seeking their second win of the season and it came at the expense of Hibernian but Hibernian were the better team in the first half as they passed up chances which they should have put away and that came back to hurt them in the second half as Celtic took the lead on the 52nd minute through a Jan VENNEGOOR OF HESSELINK header which is his second goal of the season as he also scored on the opening day of the season, the second goal came on the 65th minute and it came from an unusual source as Gary CALDWELL scored against his former employers and that made it 2-0 to Celtic and that was the way the game ended as it maintained Celtic 100% start to the season.

Readings season starts today!

150px-Reading_badge.png

Harsh lesson for Reading

Reading got taught a harsh lesson last weekend when they suffered a 3-0 pounding by Ipswich town that promotion back into the premiership wasnt going to be as easy as all the players thought. After last saturdays loss the Reading boss said that his team had far too much confidence going into the game, which in the end cost them big time. With last weeks game being the first for the new Reading boss meant he had to do something fast to prepare for last nights match and he did. He said that he had drilled it into his players all week that they have to give 110% for him every game or they'd be lucky to reach mid table come the end of the season, also with a good squad for the division the boss warned that if players didnt perform then they would be replaced by some one who would.

With all this in mind and with it being the first home game of the season the Reading team came on to the pitch with a lot to prove to the expecting fans and the manager. With only one change in the starting lineup from last weekends loss a new spirit seemed to occupy the Reading team and they ended up winning the game against Preston North End 4-1.

35098_215_136

Dave Kitson put in Reading's first goal on 15 minutes when he headed in a corner. The second came from Reading midfielder Brynjar Gunnarsson who smashed in a rebound off the Preston number 1. Five minutes into the second half, Preston got one back through a Chris Brown shot that went in off the post. In the 67th minute the game was decided when Brynjar Gunnarsson volleyed in his second leaving the keeper standing and making in 3-1 to Reading. Eren Derdiyok was brought on to replace kitson after this to help the young swiss forward gain confidence for future games but it was Ivar Ingimarsson who put in Readings 4th goal in the 75th minute when he struck an early shot, leaving the Preston keeper stranded.

340x.jpgGunnarsson with his second for Reading!

Final score Reading 4 - 1 Preston North End, meaning Reading move up to 9th place and hopefully can continue the form they showed yesterday in their next game on saturday.

Spireites Win Again

cheslogo.jpg

Crewe 0v1 Chesterfield

Another win for Chesterfield and by the same scoreline, means it's unbeaten for Widdy and no goals conceded, although The Spireites are finding it difficult to hit the target consistantly.

In another end to end game, with another mass of shots at goal (43 again ????), neither team really dominated and both came close to scoring early on.......In the first minute, Crewe had a thunderous shot on goal, tipped over by Gragniello in the Chesterfield net and on 4 mins Bajrami had a header for The Spireites, graze the bar, Florescu and Bajrami again came close to opening the scoring for Chesterfield but were narrowly off target.

On 35 Mins came the breakthrough, after an almighty mix up in the Crewe defence, the ball fell to Chesterfield's Finnish Wonderkid, Jarno Parikka, who calmly placed the ball past the advancing keeper and into the net, making it 2 goals in 2 games for the 21 year old.

In the second half it was all Crewe, as they came out with all guns blazing, battering the Chesterfield goal but Gragniello was on top form, as he managed to keep his second clean sheet for The Spireites.

We asked Chesterfield Boss Widdy about the game afterwards and he said, "Well John, what can I say, I think we can say we were lucky to get that win, although I am pleased to take it, some of the players today were well below par and I shall be having a word with them, If I were the manager of Crewe, I would be extremely upset not to have gotten at least a draw from this game", Widdy then left, moaning about 'Missed Goals', Banjo's and Barn Doors.

I am sure Widdy will be looking for improvements in accuracy in the next game, which will be a very tough one against Gillingham, who are also unbeaten.

960.gif VS 962.gif

Werder Bremen 0 - 2 VFB Stuttgart

Werder Bremen lost 2-0 at home to Stuttgart in an exciting match.

The first 20 minutes was one way traffic with Bremen dominating play and looking comfortable, until the 21st minute when from no-where Thomas Hitzlsperger and unleashed a snapshot from the edge of the box which results in a wonderful reflex save from the Bremen GK.

Then on 24 minutes Mesut Ozil goes in two-footed and is shown a straight RED card. The game has turned, and on 40 minutes Mario Gomez beats the offside trap and slides it under the advancing keeper 1-0

Then on 74 minutes, Seizing on an error in the defence Thomas Hitzlsperger rounds the keeper to finish with ease 2-0 game over.

Both teams recieved bad news after the game, Bremen right back Fritz suffered a damaged elbow and is expected to be gone upto 8 weeks. And it was a double blow for VFB Stuttgart as Hilbert received a foot injury and will be out for 1 week and Cacau got a Bruised heel and he will be out for 3 weeks

To be brutally honest i am disgusted with the VFB tactics and believe they set out to injure my team from the start. Fritz will be missed and even after only 2 games our league chances may be ruined

Guest King Kolo

Manager Antonio De Trappatoni has announced he has taken over Corinthians.

He said he will guarante that they will get promoted this season.

All players are available and he is looking for a striker 90 +

Gazza V Sparky

Liverpool V United

Playing 3-3-4 !!

i want goals ;)

Torres

young

Babel

Simoa

all up front

Gunna be good ;)

Good luck, but a good manager never reveals their formation,. unless they change it in the last minute... Therefore don't expect me to counter 3-3-4 as I'm just gonna play what I want:)

Win/Lose, have a great game:)

Good luck' date=' but a good manager never reveals their formation,. unless they change it in the last minute... Therefore don't expect me to counter 3-3-4 as I'm just gonna play what I want:)

Win/Lose, have a great game:)[/quote']

Thats the thing, im not a good manager :P

Best of luck mate

I might change it to 4-3-3 though :P

Thats the thing' date=' im not a good manager :P

Best of luck mate

I might change it to 4-3-3 though :P[/quote']

Or might just stick to the classic 4-5-1 copying every little tactic that Tom Sinar did for his Liverpool side in GC11, the Liverpool which is now first place with around 13pts gap....

Good luck mate,

Or might just stick to the classic 4-5-1 copying every little tactic that Tom Sinar did for his Liverpool side in GC11' date=' the Liverpool which is now first place with around 13pts gap....

Good luck mate,[/quote']

Now theres no need for that :P

i play that tactic with every one of my teams :)

Xabi Alonso

Carragher

both still for sale

340.gif

Rennes Update

10_front_small.gifRennes 3-1 Le Mans11_front_small.gif

Rennes New Boss Nick Justice played his first game in Charge at the French club on Wedneday 18th of June 2008 playing at home at the de la Route-de-Lorient Stadium. He Played a Good Team who had won the Opening Day game Le Mans ....Rennes got Straight to work Scoring Straight from KO the goal from Olivier Sorlin to get Nick of to a Great Start in Charge ...1-0 at half time...to got 2-0 up a goal in the 59th Minute from Olivier Thomert looked to Give Rennes the Win but to spoil the Party tulio of Le Mans scored to put Le Mans within Reaching Distance of Winning But to seal the win New Nigerian CM Obodo scored to Give Rennes a 3-1 win....

GoalScorers

Sorlin

IMG_8109.jpg

Thomert

28124_hp.jpg

Obodo

christian_obodo_nig_pr.jpg

Scoring and Reciving Man of the Match overall a great Debut for Obodo

MOM:mom.gif Obodo (Rennes)

christian_obodo_nig_pr.jpg

Next Match:

329.gifLyon vs Rennes340.gif

Lyon are faviourets after 2 wins in 2...Rennes say Lyon 'Well what ealse can you say Lyon are faviourets evry year to win the League BUT i hope to change it and have Rennes' name inprinted in the League Trophy and if we manage to pull of a win agianst then on Saturday then who knows we'll go on from there cheers'

Badges.gif

Sevilla News

Daniel Bolam is looking forward to the Huge Match - Up tonight against Athletico Madrid . Daniel will be looking to play Left -Back Urby Emmanuelson who signed for Sevilla on Tuesday . Daniel Quoted this Morning ''I think we'll come out on top tonight , we have an amazing squad , some old , some young players. All of which can score goals . ''

Athletico have not done to many deals . They are playing a formation that SM have set for him , so hopefully i'll be able to counter that.

table.gif