Gold Championship 17 - Setup News

Re: Gold Championship 17 - Setup News

Benfica One Point From the Title

Benfica last night took a significant step towards winning the Portuguges League, as their rivals Sporting Lisbon, Vitoria de Setubal, and Beleneses all drew, as a brace from D.Bobo, gave Benfica a 2-0 win over Nacional de Madeira, This now leaves Benfica 8points ahead with 3games to go. Their next match is against FC Porto, with their last matches against Sporting Braga, and their final match against Sporting. They will want the title wrapped by the Sporting game however, as Internationals are being played the day before the final day of the season, and Oscar Cardozo is one of many who will be unavailable

[

kb-37355.jpg293786678_df585e6ed6_m.jpgkb-37356.jpg

LATEST FROM EWOOD

- Rovers managed Atkin looks to bring in at least two new players 87+ before the end of the season.

- Atkin has expressed his desire to manage a national team and has claimed he is open to offers.

- Lucho Gonzales (93) could surprise the Rover's fans by moving away from Lancashire in a p/e deal, with several clubs said to be interested.

- The club are now 6 points from safety and face Louis's Chelsea in their next fixture, Rovers chairman, John Williams, has claimed relegation is now a strong possibility after loosing 3-2 to Everton.

- Atkin is still looking to strengthen his squad and is open to offers, if interested please contact via SirMichaelAtkin@BlackburnRovers.n3t or send me him a pm :-P

(Bit of a pointless post I know, but I thought I would give ya something to read :-D)

Didier Drogba (96) can go for a 92+ F and a 90+ CM

Ricardo Carvalho (94) Can go for a 92 CB and a 89+ F.

...Its times like this that I wish I had better players than Stephane Henchoz to exchange. :mad::P

Just a reminder I am looking to sign 89+ rated players in a 2/3 for 1 deal.

I have various 87/88ish players to exchange and a reasonable amount of cash.

Blackburn Rovers. :)

rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/

Everton 3 V 2 Blackburn Rovers

Andy JOHNSON (8.............................Luca TONI (36)

Victor ANICHEBE (37).........................Nenad KOVACEVIC (73)

Joleon LESCOTT (76)

Match Report

The Blue and Whites traveled to Goodison Park last Saturday night to face to face Andrew Curveses top of the league Everton infront of a crowd of 40,182 as they hoped to avoid relegation.

27 year old striker Andy Johnsone put Everton infornt after just 8 minutes into the first half after some slick passing from Dan Gosling only to leave Johnson one-on-one with Rover keeper Brad Friedel.

Nenad KOVACEVIC nearly leveled the score for Blackburn after 19 minutes after loosing his marker before a reflex save from Tim Howard.

Blackburn pursuide there attack as they were determined to level the score line, and so they did in the 36 minute with Italian international Luca Toni bagging his first goal for the club since signing from Bayern Munich.

Everton caught Blackburn kipping just one minute later after Victor ANICHEBE rifiled a shot in of the woodwork.

After a dull start to the second half including three bookings Nenad KOVACEVIC finally brought the score back to 2-2 as Rovers hoped to get a point to take away with them.

Unfortunately Lescott put Everton 3-2 in front only 3 minutes after as Atkin told his team to attack in the 76th minute.

Blackburn hardly in the last couple of minutes and Everton remained in possession for the majority of the time.

AJ gets the opener for Everton after just 8 minutes.

Premier League Table

17 Stoke City 32

18 West Bromwich Albion 31

19 BLACKBURN ROVERS 26

20 Newcastle United 25

Everton.jpg

BLACKBURN: B FRIEDEL, B EMERTON, B BERNER, R NELSEN, R FERDINAND, O LUCHO GONZALEZ, H ALTINTOP, O ENGELAAR, N KOVACEVIC, L TONI, S PETER

BOOKINGS: O LUCHO GONZALEZ, O ENGELAAR, S PETER

Benfica one point from the Championship

FC Porto 1-1 Benfica

Benfica went to Porto last night, knowing a win would give them the league title, it wasnt to be however, as a strong porto team, held the top-of the table team to a 1-1 draw, Danny Welbeck was given his debut and performed averagely, but he is one for the future. The unlikely hero was Leo from Defence who was not only the goalscorer but also MOTM. Benfica now face Sporting Braga at home, in which should be the match that gives Benfica another League Title

Guest King Kolo

Haven't Posted Here in a While.

Anyway My Corinthians are in a BIG Promotion Challenge Between Us Internacional and Nautico.

See for Yourself I Think You'll get what I mean. :D

Fluminense clinch Champs Cup Spot

Fluminense have clinched the vital 2nd spot in the Brazilian league to guarantee themselves a place in the Champs Cup for next season. After winning the Brazilian Cup and securing their place to defend their SMFA Sheild victory, the tricolores will now mix it with the big boys of world football.

In what has been a lengthy season for Fluminense, they just ran out of steam in the league against a strong Atletico Mineiro team who played well, although crashing out in both domestic cups in round two, therefore able to play their strongest 11 for the remainder of the league season.

The key to the season was a fantastic 18 game unbeaten streak which saw Fluminense unbeaten throughout the entire month of August in which they played 15 games in all competitions.

Atletico Mineiro hosted Fluminense in the penultimate game of the season which would have taken Fluminense above Mineiro, however after a thrilling contest Atletico Mineiro won the game 5-4. The loss came after 5 straight wins in the league to have Fluminense currently sitting 4 points clear of Palmeiras with one game to play.

With a large batch of promising youngsters in the ranks adding to the 28 players out on loan, next season should prove to be another strong year for Marshalls men.

Noteworthy performances this season were undoubtedly Cerqueira Washington, leading the forward line all season playing in 35 games, scoring 13, assisting in 14 and winning 9 MOMs. Other strong performers were captain Thiago Neves, who was approached by Manchester United early in the season but decided to stay in Brazil.

wash1.jpgthia1.jpg

Washongton and Thiago Neves

Special mention also to midfielders Santos Cicero, Dario Conca and Marcos Arouca. Manager Mat Marshall expects bids from some of the worlds top clubs to come in for some of his stars, but has assured all would be suitors that none of them are going anywhere.

cicero.jpgconca.jpgarouca.jpg

Santos Cicero, Dario Conca and Marcos Arouca

Rock steady centre back Thiago Silva held the defence together and is attracting plenty of interest in Europe also, but the promising 23 year old has pledged his allegiance to the tricolores.

thiago_silva.jpg

Rock steady Thiago Silva

Bring on Season 2.

Benfica Clinch the Title

Benfica 2-1 Sporting Braga

Saturday saw Benfica clinch the Portuguese league at home, with a 2-1 win over Braga, which also meant manager Adam Gutteridge won his first ever cup in his career which only started at the start of this season. Goals from the brilliant Oscar Cardozo and on loan maestro Fernando Gago, were enough to win the game for Benfica. Gago is now expected to go oback to Madrid, although Gutteridge is looking to open negotiations with Real today.

Marseille look to make late dash into the top three

53_short_280x390_457997a.jpg

Pre-season Marseille signing Marouane Fellaini has sparked a revival in the French sides' ranks and he got two in their 5-2 win over Sochaux tonight. At one dismal point in the season the French side were terribly underachieving as they had lost eleven matches in sixteen' date=' which was not the form they would need to challenge for top spot. However, since their loss to Toulouse on August 23rd, Marseille have lost only once in Ligue 1 and have racked up emphatic wins over Grenoble, Rennes, Caen, Nantes and tonight against Sochaux. Although Fellaini has been a stick-out performer in the last month or so, stars such as Lorik Cana, Djibril Cisse and Mahamadou Niang have all reached peak performances and are on top form at the moment. Philp can only hope that his side keep up the wins, and go top three.

[/font']

Following on from this I am now up to third :);)

Blackburn Rovers

All of my 60 - 88 rated players are available for decent cash deals.

Lucho Gonzales (27/93/RM) is available in a p/e exchange deal for someone of a 93+ rating.

Any 87+ loan deals going for the new season, please contact me.

Also looking for a LM/CF 87+, pm me if you have an offer.

Thanks.

Drew with Portsmouth 2-2, unfortunately Stoke won there game, meaning my Blackburn are now relegated. :(

But managed to get Meléndez BORJA OUBINA (88/CM) for 10.5m

Bring on the championship.

Lazio go into the last game of the season knowing a win will secure Champs league football next season. A draw or a loss could drop them in the Shield places.

Lazio's last game of the season is away at runaway league leaders Milan who have only lost 3 games all season.

The other 2 candidates for Champs league football are Palermo who play Genoa at home and Roma (managed by Adam and won their last 6 games on the bounce) who play already relegated Siena at home.

Once again a league sees a battle between Adam and SoP, but this time its for 4th place not 1st.

Other big news for Seria A is that if Inter dont beat 2nd placed Fiorentina they could miss out on Europe all together next season, depending on other results.

the_game.jpg

Blackburn's celebrity fan and ex G-Unit member, The Game turned up to watch Rovers face Portsmouth infront of a croud of 20,550 at Fratton Park on Staurday.

Rovers started well and were 2 goals up by half time, scored by on loan left winger Garteh Barry before half time.

In the 55 minute Distin brought a goal back for Portsmouth to make it 1-2 before Valencia got the equaliser in the 67 minute to grasp a point for Portsmouth.

Following this result Rovers will be playing 2nd division football next season but Atkin has made it clear he will be trying to build on his squad.

Lucho Gonzales looks set to leave the club after relegation but Atkin has claimed he will not be able to leave if he doesn't receive the right price (PM me if interested).

Atkin once again reminds managers that he is looking to do a 2/3 for 1 deal in order to get 90+ rated players in exchange for 87-88ish.

Guest King Kolo

Well it all comes down to the final game.

Chelsea v Everton' date=' who will win the EPL, find out on Wednesday evening![/quote']

I've Finished My Season :confused:

Anyway GL Everton.

Reading news

_42500443_reading_203.gif

Well the season draws to a close on wednesday and will see Reading and Crystal palace promoted to the Premiership next season however its still business as usual for Reading despite the promotion as they are second by a single point and still have a chance to finish top! The Reading boss is praying that Crystal palace slip up in their last home fixture against Swansea and hopes that his players wont let him down in getting their final 3 points of the season at home against Blackpool.

P W D L F A GD PTS

1 Crystal Palace 37 22 5 10 95 65 30 71

2 Reading 37 21 7 9 84 46 38 70