Gold Championship 17 - Setup News

Gold Championship 17 - Setup News

Lyon Have Won The French League With Ease tables.php

Manager Bowen 2008 ! Says There More To Come From His Good And Young Lyon Side Next Season. Top Scorer DELGADO, César Who Has Played 22 And Scored 14 Will Remain At Lyon Next Season And Try Shoot His Team To More Glory Such As Winning The Champs Cup Which They Didnt Do Because A Good Real Madrid Out Played Us. Bowen 2008 ! Wishes All The Managers In Gc 17 A Good Season And Feel Free For Friendlys And To Make Bids

Bowen 2008 !:D

Re: Gold Championship 17 - Setup News

31_1204462475.gifchelsea3.jpg21_1203862898.gif

Anelka brace seals League Title!

Everton 0-2 Chelsea

Tonight, it was crunch time for the two teams at the top of the English Premier League table, and they just happened to meet eachother on the last day of the season, and whoever won, would seal the English Premier League title. Louis Mattis's Chelsea up North to Goodison Park to face Andrew Curvis's Everton. Mattis knew he would win the Chelsea supporter's over tonight he his team won and lifted the Premier League title. Chelsea dominated 60% possession, with 18 out of 29 shots on target.

Chelsea had the first decent chance of the match in the 17th minute, and they would of been 1-0 up if it wasn't for Everton's Tim Howard tipping a cracking shot around the post. Chelsea finally broke the deadlock in the 22nd minute, French lone forward Nicolas Anelka bundling the ball over the line after a scramble in the box. Everton nearly pulled a goal back in the 28th minute, but Petr Cech somehow managed to tip a amazing shot around the ball. Eveton kept on the pressure, and on 32 minutes they nearly pulled a goal back again through Aiyegbeni Yakubu's overhead kick which just went over the crossbar. The score was 1-0 to Chelsea at half time.

4216_1212482748.jpg

(A goal from Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka put Chelsea 1-0 up at the break)

The game started brightly in the second half, and Everton had another fantastic chance to level off the game in the 54th minute, Steven Pienaar's chip beating Cech but the ball was cleared off the line by a Chelsea defender. Chelsea went 2-0 up in the 71st minute, and had own hand on the League Title now, Nicolas Anelka scoring his second goal of the night curling a wonderful shot into the top corner of the net. Tim Howard had no chance. Everton had there best chance of the evening in the 77th minute, and they should of scored, Andy Johnson with open goal, surely bound to score, but no, blazing the ball over the bar.

Celebrations will be going on all throughout the week around the blue half of London, as Chelsea managed to hold on, and lift the English Premier League title. After the match, Chelsea manager Louis Mattis said the following:

"Im over the mood, this is a great achievement for myself and the team, Chelsea were unachieving in third place when i took over, and they should of been in first. They really have bonded together well under me, and they are playing like a worldclass team. If we can keep this sort of play up next season, we might be looking at another League Title!".

4216_1212482748.jpg

(A second Anelka goal sealed the League Title for Chelsea)

0429_D98.jpg

(Chelsea captain John Terry lifts the Premier League title)

150px-Reading_badge.png

Royals go up!

340x.jpg

Reading players happy with 2nd place finish!

promotion_gallery_10_450x300.jpg

Reading finished their season off tonight with a 4-0 home win over Blackpool, but it wasnt quite enough to make them champions as Crystal palace beat Swansea 2-0 at home to keep them a point clear and make them division 2 champions!

The Reading boss is said to be very pleased with his teams performance this season and said "that missing out on being champions by a single point is tough on the team after they lost to Chelsea in the English cup final but I believe that we have shown or quality and hope to succeed at the top level next season."

Reading and Crystal Palace have stayed leaders of the division nearly all season and fought it out for the top spot the whole time. They both now have a testing season ahead of them against the might of the premiership!

Derby, Charlton, Cardiff and Plymouth all face the play offs for a chance to join Reading and Crystal palace in division 1 next season.

GC17 Weekly Interview

This is the first, of which i hope to be of many, interviews of managers in GC17. I will be trying to write an interview every week. First up is John Paul Torley, who is manager of Scottish Champions Celtic

AG Hi John, thanks for being the first of my interviewees, the season is obviously finished, and I see that Celtic won the league last year, can you elaborate on how successful a season it was for you, and did you win anything else?

JPT Hello Adam, I would say the season was a fairly successful season for my Celtic team, winning the league was the priority at the start of the season as that guarantees SMFA Champions Cup football every season and I am delighted we managed to win the league and ensured European football for next season and to win the league by nine points was pleasing but I was disappointed to a certain extent as I felt my side took their foot of the pedal towards the end of the season. I was particularly pleased with my side's effort in our European campaign as we were massive underdogs going into the group stage as our group contained teams such as Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid and Porto but we shocked everybody with our terrific performances and managed to come out on top of the group but unfortunately in the next round we were knocked out as we came up against the Brazilians of Sao Paulo and we took them all the way but we were knocked out on penalties. As for the domestic cup competitions, we were very disappointed we couldn't go all the way in either the Scottish Cup or the Scottish Shield and win one of the trophies for our fans and this is something we as a team would like to do next season but as I said earlier, the priority is winning the league and that will remain the priority for next season but winning one or two of the domestic cup competitions is something we will try our hardest to do next season.

AG I see that Scott McDonald was your top scorer, would you say he is the key player of your side, and what other players do you see essential to your success?

JPT Not only was Scott McDonald our top scorer but he also ended up being top scorer in the league but it's not all about Scott McDonald, everybody at this club had a part to play in our success this season from our top scorer Scott McDonald to the tea lady but, on the pitch, Scott McDonald and Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink formed a great partnership and managed to score 44 goals between them which helped a great deal and Scott Brown also who chipped in with 10 goals from midfield was also immense, but, for the goalscorers we have we also have players at the back who work very hard to keep as many cleansheets as we can and we have a terrific goalkeeper in Artur Boruc who has helped us greatly and one of the hardest jobs this pre-season is to keep Artur Boruc at this club as he has many admirers but we are confident we can keep our best players.

AG So with the season obviously over, are you looking to bring any players in? could yu give us any details, on what sort of player your looking, or any specific player names you have made bids for/ looking to make bids for?

JPT We will be looking to strengthen the squad during pre-season but it is really difficult to bring players in as every club is in the same boat, looking to bring in better quality players but the players that I want to bring in will be difficult to get as their clubs will more than likely not want to sell so it is really difficult but we will try and I was delighted with the bit of business we done just before the this season had finished as we managed to get Humberto Suazo and that will further add to the firepower we have up front and it will certainly gives us another option as he is a different type of player to the strikers we already have. I will not give names to potential targets but I would like to bring in further quality to the central midfield position and I would also like to add another centre back to add to the good squad of players we already have.

AG Well thankyou for your time, and how about a pre-season friendly against my Benfica side just before the new season starts?

JPT Its been a pleasure, and yes I have just accepted your invitation for a friendly.

I will post the friendly result up tomorrow and if anyone is interested in being interviewed, pm me on the forum, or through SM where my manager name is Adam Gutteridge

Guest King Kolo

Re: GC17 Weekly Interview

This is the first' date=' of which i hope to be of many, interviews of managers in GC17. I will be trying to write an interview every week. First up is John Paul Torley, who is manager of Scottish Champions Celtic

AG Hi John, thanks for being the first of my interviewees, the season is obviously finished, and I see that Celtic won the league last year, can you elaborate on how successful a season it was for you, and did you win anything else?

JPT Hello Adam, I would say the season was a fairly successful season for my Celtic team, winning the league was the priority at the start of the season as that guarantees SMFA Champions Cup football every season and I am delighted we managed to win the league and ensured European football for next season and to win the league by nine points was pleasing but I was disappointed to a certain extent as I felt my side took their foot of the pedal towards the end of the season. I was particularly pleased with my side's effort in our European campaign as we were massive underdogs going into the group stage as our group contained teams such as Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid and Porto but we shocked everybody with our terrific performances and managed to come out on top of the group but unfortunately in the next round we were knocked out as we came up against the Brazilians of Sao Paulo and we took them all the way but we were knocked out on penalties. As for the domestic cup competitions, we were very disappointed we couldn't go all the way in either the Scottish Cup or the Scottish Shield and win one of the trophies for our fans and this is something we as a team would like to do next season but as I said earlier, the priority is winning the league and that will remain the priority for next season but winning one or two of the domestic cup competitions is something we will try our hardest to do next season.

AG I see that Scott McDonald was your top scorer, would you say he is the key player of your side, and what other players do you see essential to your success?

JPT Not only was Scott McDonald our top scorer but he also ended up being top scorer in the league but it's not all about Scott McDonald, everybody at this club had a part to play in our success this season from our top scorer Scott McDonald to the tea lady but, on the pitch, Scott McDonald and Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink formed a great partnership and managed to score 44 goals between them which helped a great deal and Scott Brown also who chipped in with 10 goals from midfield was also immense, but, for the goalscorers we have we also have players at the back who work very hard to keep as many cleansheets as we can and we have a terrific goalkeeper in Artur Boruc who has helped us greatly and one of the hardest jobs this pre-season is to keep Artur Boruc at this club as he has many admirers but we are confident we can keep our best players.

AG So with the season obviously over, are you looking to bring any players in? could yu give us any details, on what sort of player your looking, or any specific player names you have made bids for/ looking to make bids for?

JPT We will be looking to strengthen the squad during pre-season but it is really difficult to bring players in as every club is in the same boat, looking to bring in better quality players but the players that I want to bring in will be difficult to get as their clubs will more than likely not want to sell so it is really difficult but we will try and I was delighted with the bit of business we done just before the this season had finished as we managed to get Humberto Suazo and that will further add to the firepower we have up front and it will certainly gives us another option as he is a different type of player to the strikers we already have. I will not give names to potential targets but I would like to bring in further quality to the central midfield position and I would also like to add another centre back to add to the good squad of players we already have.

AG Well thankyou for your time, and how about a pre-season friendly against my Benfica side just before the new season starts?

JPT Its been a pleasure, and yes I have just accepted your invitation for a friendly.

I will post the friendly result up tomorrow and if anyone is interested in being interviewed, pm me on the forum, or through SM where my manager name is Adam Gutteridge

Hasn´t Ben Reado All Ready Started Something Like This?

Use the Search Tool Mate ;)

Guest King Kolo

Ahh I see ;)

EDIT: Would you Mind Doing me? Ben Has done me but That was at The Beginning of the Season and Now I´ve won the League.

PM me Back...

Cheers.

NEW MANAGER ARRIVED!:eek: :eek: :eek:

The Sampdoria chairman has finally completed an offer with the manager Dale Selby."Dale Selby will try and help our club reach the SMFA SHIELD."said the Sampdoria Chairman

"I hope that I can buy some new and fit 88 + over players and I'm gonna get my team to SMFA SHIELD/CUP.I'm gonna feel happy working with players like Antonio Cassano and I'm gonna try and buy players who work at Cassano's level." Quoted Dale Selby

Fiorentina need PLAYERS!GC17

Dale Selby is looking for great players.I am hoping to bring great players from big clubs to make my side a brilliant side.Aswell in GC35 I am making a friendly competition all will be told if u r interested and all fixtures and results are told on newspaper.The Friendly Competition GC35

Dale Selby (Fiorentina Manager)

GC17 Chat

I will make a room on chat at 6:00pm on Friday 31st Oct to give managers the chance to negotiate some transfers etc etc.

I will also be posting a newspaper article once the new season starts to encourage more managers to come.

For anyone who doesn't know chat can be located at: SM Home > Community > Chat.

Any enquirers please feel free to pm me. :)

Michael Atkin - Blackburn Rovers

Media speculation reports Liverpool are rumoured to be after Rio FERDINAND of Blackburn Rovers

It is rumered they are willing to part with Kewell and Carragher to try and lure him to Liverpool

Ballack for sale people :)

Replacement 91 and a 88/89 wanted :)

Atkin . . PM me about ferdinand please ;)

Guest King Kolo

Hahaha CM.9

Beat Beat You´re Mate In the Brazilian Title Race :D

Anyway....

Need a 90+ CB And a 89+ F

Viduka, Arizmendi, Acosta, Diego Rincon, Chicao and William for Sale :)

GET BIDDING!

Hahaha CM.9

Beat Beat You´re Mate In the Brazilian Title Race :D

Anyway....

Need a 90+ CB And a 89+ F

Viduka' date=' Arizmendi, Acosta, Diego Rincon, Chicao and William for Sale :)

GET BIDDING![/quote']

dont bother me mate )

im all abouyt the future

and clichy aint ini so get bidding

Guest King Kolo

GC17 Chat

I will make a room on chat at 6:00pm on Friday 31st Oct to give managers the chance to negotiate some transfers etc etc.

I will also be posting a newspaper article once the new season starts to encourage more managers to come.

For anyone who doesn't know chat can be located at: SM Home > Community > Chat.

Any enquirers please feel free to pm me. :)

Michael Atkin - Blackburn Rovers

My Chat Doesn´t Work at my House? Something to do with Java Any Way I can fix It? :(

rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/

AtkinsSig-1.jpg

Latest From Ewood Park

Atkin Issues Hands Off Warning

Rio_Ferdinand_Feb_2008_749059.jpg

During a press conference with himself, Rio Ferdinand and chairman John Williams, Atkin made it clear to the big clubs hopeing to capture Rio before the new season that he is NOT for sale.

Rio arrived at the Lancashire club shortly after Atkin took over, he cost the club a fee of around D. Bently, R. Santa Cruz + Samba.

The Rovers captain has attracted interest from big clubs such as Chelsea, Liverpool + Lyon, but despite this has put pen to paper on a new 5 year deal thought to be worth around £75,200 a turn.

Coca Cola Championship

coca_cola_championship_logo.jpg

After finishing 18th in the Prem last season Blackburn were unfortunately relegated for The Championship for the second GC17 season.

The club are yet to receive their fixtures for the new season but Atkin has stated the Rovers progress in pre-season is emense with the players morale twice what it was last season.

The boys are prepared for the new season, we have worked hard in pre-season training and we look a lot more organized.

Blackburn are still looking for a friendly, preferably away, if anyone is interested please contact the club.

Other News

Atkin is still on the hunt for a LM/CF rated 86+ for the new season to add more depth to his squad.

It is thought that Luca Toni missed training on Saturday afternoon due to suspicions that Atkin could be having an affair with his Italian super model girlfriend Marta Cecchetto.

C_0_articolo_379383_listatakes_itemTake_1_immaginetake.jpg

Atkin has stated he expects to finish in the top 2 of the Championship this season and progress well in the Carling + FA Cup.

Michael has also urged the Rovers chairman to give him a reasonable budget this season if they are to progress to the Prem.