Gold Championship 17 - Setup News

Re: Gold Championship 17 - Setup News

Rovers123-1.jpg

In need of a striker on loan for the new season rated 86+

Please contact me if you have one available. :)

EDIT: Pizarro joins the blue and whites.

ClaudioPizarroES_468x578.jpg

Champions Benfica have been given a tough start to the new season, where their first match will be away at FC Porto, in what should be a great game as it always is. They play at home for the first time on the 5th November against Vitoria de Setubal. Al Qahtani (88 CF) Freddy Adu (83 AM/FWd) are available on loan. The chairman has been notified of Gutteridges targets, with Blackburn midfield maestro Lucho Gonzalez touted as the number one target to return to Portugal.

Chelsea have been drawn in Group H of the SMFA Champs Cup

They will play the following:

Sevilla

Fiorentina

Galatasaray

Mattis stated he expects his side to finish at the top of there group.

Fiorentina knocked Chelsea out of the comp last year, so Mattis will be looking for revenge.

They have also drawn Bradford City in the first round of the English Cup.

Guest King Kolo

GC17 Chat was Hawt :)

Made Three Deals.

Getting Khizinashvilli from Atkin's Blackburn for 8 Mil.

Loaned Banega and Hakan Balta Off Asian Invasion's Valencia.

Edgar Davids Is Coming to Corinthians for 6Mil.

Whilst Fabio Ferreira and Joseph-Job are Going to MattySnowy's Houston Dynamo.

He is Giving me 6.3 Mil for them.

Cleilton Perdigao Has gone to Columbus Crew for 2.5.

The second in the series of manager interviews, this weeks manager is Michael Atkin, manager of Championship side Blackburn Rovers.

AG Hi Michael,thanks for taking time out of your vey busy schedule to do an interview for the gc17 viewers. Maybe you would like to tell us about your season last year, obviously you were relegated, but what the plus points, were there any special performances from particular players?

MA Hi Adam, first of all id like to thank you for inviting me to take this interview.

If im honest, I felt as a club we could have done a lot better last year. I took over the club whilst they were in 19th place and we struggled to gain motivation to avoid relegation. Come the end of the season we began to show are potential but unfortunately left it too late. I think every club has a bad season and we can only learn from are mistakes. I think Rio Ferdinand made an instant impact on the club and I hope he can carry on his good performances into this season. I have recieved various offers for him but I feel he is a great addition to the club and we have to keep hold of are stars to succeed.

AG so what are you looking for this year, tell us about your targets and transfer targets for the upcoming season

MA I am impressed with the way pre-season is going so far. The lads seem a lot more organised and prepared. We are flying to Portugal this week to face Benfica, which should be a great experiance to the club. I am currently looking to fill various positions to add more depth to the team to try and keep are match fitness up. I have also managed to secure Pizarro on loan for Chelsea to partner up with Luca Toni, so hopefully we wont have any problems scoring goals.

AG Benfica being my team haha so you are obviously happy at blackburn, what would happen if a bigger club came along, and offered you a job?

MA For the time being I am happy at Blackburn, there have been times when I have considered leaving but I think as a club we have great potential and ambition. I would be open to a National team job but we will have to see what the future holds.

AG So who have you got in your first few matches, and what are you looking from these games?

MA I have stated that I expect to gain at least 10 points from our first 5 games. I'm also hoping that we will progress far into both the FA Cup + the Carling Cup. I feel we are more than capable of promotion this season and im hopeing for a top 2 finish.

AG Well thanks for your time michael, i will let u get back to your busy schedule with the new season starting on saturday

MA Pleasure speaking to you Adam.

If any other managers are interested, either contact me through the forum, chat or SM.

65_1195397108.gifchelsea3.jpg21_1203862898.gif

Reading put up a fight, but can't defeat champions Chelsea!

Reading 2-3 Chelsea

Tonight raining English Premier League winners Chelsea traveled to the Madejski Stadium to face a newly promoted Reading side. The last time these two teams met, it was in the English Cup final where Chelsea won by a score of two goals to one. Tonight Chelsea dominated a massive 67% of the possession, but had a poor four out of thirteen shots on target.

Reading should of took the lead one minute into the match, the ball crashed off the Chelsea bar, and if it wasn't for Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech's superb reflexes Reading would of been 1-0 up. Reading had another fantastic chance one minute later, the ball played across Chelsea's goal, beating Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech, falling to Stephen Hunt with a open goal infront of him, but blasting over the bar. Chelsea had there first real chance on the six minute mark, Chelsea captain John Terry running up field, hitting a cracker of a shot off the bar. Chelsea had there second chance of the game in the thirteenth minute, Frank Lampard agonisingly blasting the ball over the goal after the rebound fell nicely to him. Chelsea and Reading both could of scored in a matter of minutes, first a free header by Nicolas Anelka grazing the top of the bar. And a fantastic save from Petr Cech to keep the scores level. Lampard could of broke the deadlock again, but his chip crashed back off the Reading bar. The deadlock was finally broken on the forty minute mark, Micheal Essien with a gaping goal from just yards out, thundering the ball into the back of the net to give Chelsea the lead. Chelsea doubled there lead just before half time on the forty fourth minute mark, Joe Cole rising above his marker, and glancing the ball into the back of the net. The score was 2-0 to Chelsea at half time.

3875_1209755861.jpg468_1209755861.jpg

(Goals from Essien and Cole put Chelsea a comfortable 2-0 up at half time)

The third goal and the first goal of the second half came in the sixty third minute, Cameroonian International Andre Bikey running through the Chelsea defence, and confidently slamming the ball past the keeper after a mix-up in the Chelsea defence. The next goal came very late on, Nicolas Anelka tapping in the easiest of chances to put Chelsea 3-1 up. Reading pulled a goal back two minutes later through Stephen Hunt smashing the ball into the roof of the net with venom. But the goal wasn't enough to earn Reading a point at home, and Chelsea returned to Stamford Bridge, with all three points.

4216_1212482748.jpg

(A Anelka goal sealed the three points for Mattis's Chelsea)

Benfica get off to a winning start

FC Porto 1-2 Benfica

Champions Benfica got off to the best possible start with a 2-1 win against their rivals Porto, who are now favourites to challenge Benfica for the title, as after the game they announced their new manager, Gutteridge said he is looking forward to the new challenge from Porto, and is glad they have got the away game out of the way. Goals from the Paragauyan duo Roque Santa Cruz and Rene Oscar Cardozo were enought to beat a good Porto side. The victory was marred by injuries to Oscar Cardozo and Costas Katsouranis, they are likely to be replaced next match by Marcus Assuncao and Devison Bobo, who was rested this match. Next match will see Benfica at home against Vitoria de Setubal

Rovers123-1.jpg

1 Charlton Athletic V Blackburn Rovers 4

Leroy LITA (69)........................Mario BAZINA (22)

.........................................................Claudio PIZARRO (37)

.........................................................Oscar LUCHO GONZALEZ (67)

.........................................................Luca TONI (72)

marseille.gif

Bordeaux 1-4 Marseille

2007112720362672_Quicklook-original.jpg

Starting with the 3-5-2 formation which saw Marseille claw back to a fantastic fourth placed finish last season, Ross Philp's French side won comfortably away at Bordeaux last night on day one of the season two. Goals from Mathieu Valbuena, Mamadou Niang (above) and Marouane Fellaini inside the first 37 minutes gave Marseille a fantastic three goal lead at the half-time break last night. Captain Lorik Cana added a fourth on 73 minutes, which meant that a late goal from Marc Planus for the home side meant nothing as Marseille took the three points. Last year's Ligue 1 champions Lyon lost 3-0 on the opening day at Lille, and Marseille sit top.