Gold Championship 17 - Setup News

Re: Gold Championship 17 Discussion

The SM announcement said "Gold Championship 17 will be created at approximately 17:00 GMT on Saturday 7th June' date=' 2008" - That's 5PM :confused:[/quote']

I was thinking that also.

Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London

Thats what GMT is, it includes London, being UK, and means that it's at 5:00PM GMT.

well I got this reply from a ticket:

GMT or BST (1212647059)

Category: Bug/Errors

Date Created: 2008-06-05 07:24:19 BST

Last Modified: 2008-06-05 07:47:57 BST

You said: 2008-06-05 07:24:19 BST

Possibly an Error' date=' because you said the Gold Championship will be made at 17:00 GMT, this is 6:00PM British time.

Game time is actually GMT+1, being British Summer Time (BST).

Can you confirm whether it'll be made at 6PM British time (like you say on the blog), or at 5 PM british time.

Can i also suggest in the future, you just write XX:XX Game Time, to save this confusion.

[b']SM Support said:[/b] 2008-06-05 07:47:57 BST

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your suggestion. We will consider this idea which may be implemented in the future. However, at this moment in tim the setup will be created at 1700 GMT on Saturday 7th June.

Regards

Neil

If you'd like another opinion send a ticket yourself.

That just confused me big time

I was thinking that also.

Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin' date=' Edinburgh, Lisbon, London[/b']

Thats what GMT is, it includes London, being UK, and means that it's at 5:00PM GMT.

I get what BenReado is talking about now. Britain is actually now on Summer / Daylight Saving Time (which is BST) and GMT will not come back into effect until Sunday 26th October 2008.

Still, that leaves me confused as to the time SM will be creating this. :rolleyes: Will it now be 6PM?

All this fussing about what time.....Simple....Be ready at 5' date=' you will soon know if its not made, if its not hen be ready for 6.....Thats all you need to do...[/quote']

Ehh, what on earth has it got to do with you if someone wants to find out the time it's created? Fussing? It's none of your business.

Ehh' date=' what on earth has it got to do with you if someone wants to find out the time it's created? Fussing? It's none of your business.[/quote']

are you on a bout :confused: he was just saying what people can do if there unsure and TBH it is the smart thing to do instead of having a fuss :)

Ehh' date=' what on earth has it got to do with you if someone wants to find out the time it's created? Fussing? It's none of your business.[/quote']

Dude, calm down man...

He is just saying that be ready at five and from then on...

Ben has stated numerously that it will be created at 6pm English time but people can't be bothered to read it and ask dumb questions!!!

Reads the blog if those people want to find out or simply use your brain :)

Right I havent properly decided what team im going for. If Ben's after Inter then im giving up knwoing his secrets :D

Im now looking for alternatives :)

I can assure you i will not be going for Inter, for me it's between 2 London teams. The team 'The Special One' used to manage, or a team that are close to signing 3 big named young talents.

SM have now changed the creation time to 17:00 GT (I'm guessing that stands for Game Time). Meaning we can expect the setup at 5PM English Time.

It was always going to be the case. SM made a mistake which I highlighted in a ticket for GC16, at the time where tickets were ignored so I thought nothing of it and it was made GMT+1, although for SM that was GMT. I thought this Game Time thing was introduced for the setups being made so expected it to say 5pm GT. Its a mistake that has now been rectified.

I want a great team, but don't want to go for a massive side and miss out. Therefore I will keep my options open and I have a target in France as Marseille and if I miss them, I will probably end up in Scotland.

i am going for valencia i will be ready yes if anyone is going for them please let me get them cheers and i will sell you anyone apart for silva and villa

Whats the point of getting them and then selling anyone?

You might aswell just go for them.

i am going for valencia i will be ready yes if anyone is going for them please let me get them cheers and i will sell you anyone apart for silva and villa

Example of what makes GC opening idiotic.

Come on mate, there is thousands of GM's and you think you will get them?

We shouldn't even have discussion threads of GC's anymore imo, more and more idiots, it's getting ridiculous!