Sign in to follow this  
MARKEG

Giovani Dos Santos has signed for Tottenham

Barcelona have confirmed that Giovani Dos Santos has signed for Tottenham.

The 19-year-old Mexican international has signed a five-year deal at White Hart Lane and will officially move to White Hart Lane on 1st July.

Spurs will pay an initial 6million euros (£4.7million) for Giovani with the fee possibly rising by another £3.9million depending on appearances.

Barca will retain 20 per cent of the financial rights to any possible transfer of the player during his first two years in North London and ten per cent thereafter.

Giovani, son of former Brazilian international Zizinho, came through the youth ranks at Camp Nou and he has Spanish citizenship so does not require a work-permit to play in England.

The player is currently sidelined after being operated on for a floating bone in his left ankle on May 19th, but is expected to recover within a month.

Tottenham held off stern interest from a number of clubs, including Premier League rivals Manchester City, to seal Giovani's signature.

From sky sports news

Re: Giovani Dos Santos has signed for Tottenham

Great news for Tottenham although not so good for me, an Arsenal fan. :(

Anywho i hope he enjoys his time in England and has a good footballing time over here, and i wish him the best of luck. But do you reckon he will play much next season with Keane, Berbatov etc?? :confused:

I reckon he will get a few games but he's only 19 so got time to prove himself in the prem, and with all the talk of berbatov's future he may get more games than he thinks.But then again he cant replace berbatov so if he does go they will have to get another top forward.

Guest Toggs

I reckon he will get a few games but he's only 19 so got time to prove himself in the prem' date=' and with all the talk of berbatov's future he may get more games than he thinks.But then again [b']he cant replace berbatov so if he does go they will have to get another top forward[/b].

I disagree.

No question that Tottenham have great training facilites and a great coaching staff, and i think Tottenham would of spent that money thinking they would of got a starting XI product out of it.

I think Giovanni can definitly fill up any Tottenham strikers shoes. Berbatov would oviously be the hardest but a great young talent that IF neurteured correctly, maybe the next Aguero, Jo.

Also.. on SSN, it has said about the signing, it said Tottenham have took their summer spending to over 20Million. Who else have they signed ?

I disagree.

No question that Tottenham have great training facilites and a great coaching staff' date=' and i think Tottenham would of spent that money thinking they would of got a starting XI product out of it.

I think Giovanni can definitly fill up any Tottenham strikers shoes. Berbatov would oviously be the hardest but a great young talent that IF neurteured correctly, maybe the next Aguero, Jo.

Also.. on SSN, it has said about the signing, it said Tottenham have took their summer spending to over 20Million. Who else have they signed ?[/quote']

Modric - 16 Mil

Bostock - 400K

Guest Toggs

Modric - 16 Mil

Bostock - 400K

ohh... Cannot say im a fan of Luka Modric tbh, i just have something that i dont like about him :) . Bostock a good signing but i remember the C.Palace chairman saying that he wasnt going to Tottenham, hes still gone ?

I think Giovanni then will be there 3rd of 6 signings this summer. I expect from Tottenham another first XI player, a Sub/Starting XI player and a reserve.

Not saying he's not a good forward but i dont think he can replace Keane or berbatov straight away thats all, would play better behind these 2 as an am/f, got some stats on the guy for those who dont know much about him.

League statistics

Games played 28

Games started 10

Games as substitute 18

Games replaced 7

Minutes played 1320

Minutes as a starter 758

Minutes as a substitute 562

Goals for 3

Goals as a starter 3

Goals as a substitute 0

Assists 16

Shots 31

Shots wide 8

Shots on goal 13

Shots against the woodwork 1

Offsides 10

Yellow cards 2

Champions League statistics

Games played 5

Games as substitute 4

Games replaced 0

Minutes played 151

Minutes as a starter 91

Minutes as a substitute 60

Goals for 1

Goals as a starter 1

Goals as a substitute 0

Assists 0

Shots 9

Shots wide 3

Shots on goal 5

Spanish Cup statistics

Games played 5

Games won 1

Games drawn 4

Games lost 0

Games started 5

Games as substitute 0

Games replaced 4

Minutes played 362

Minutes as a starter 362

Minutes as a substitute 0

Goals for 0

Goals as a starter 0

Goals as a substitute 0

Assists 1

Shots 10

Shots wide 5

Shots on goal 2

I think he has made a massive step forward by leaving Barca but a two steps back signing for Spurs. Though it will all depend on how much game time a gets he has a decent coach who can see his potential so hopefully he gets some game time.

Im fed up with comment s like this, he has joined spurs, becuase that was his decision, if he wanted Champs league football he would have gone somewhere else, he sees Spurs as an ambitious project and wants to be a part of it, if he plays well along with the rest of the team, there is no reason why we cant make the top 4 and get in the champions legue!

Im fed up with comment s like this' date=' he has joined spurs, becuase that was his decision, if he wanted Champs league football he would have gone somewhere else, he sees Spurs as an ambitious project and wants to be a part of it, if he plays well along with the rest of the team, there is no reason why we cant make the top 4 and get in the champions legue![/quote']

The problem is is that for too long Spurs have been an "ambitious" team. When will they actually start realising some of that ambition? If I remember not too far in the distant past (i.e. at the start of last season) there were again promises of a top 4 finish. Ok, sure they won the Carling Cup, but the sides that generally make up the top 4 regard that competition almost as a reserves cup.

I feel that it was a brave move to move from Barcelona, but a necessary one in order to get more first team football and put himself in the shop window. It's just a shame that he chose Primark instead of Marks and Spencers.:)

everybody has been saying hes gonna be a quality player do u think barcelona would of let him go if he was gonna be a quality player...coz i dont think they would tbh

everybody has been saying hes gonna be a quality player do u think barcelona would of let him go if he was gonna be a quality player...coz i dont think they would tbh

On the flip side of that coin, would Spurs buy him if he was that bad ???

Ramos was at Sevilla remember before he joined Spurs, so he knows La Liga pretty well i would say.

Dos Santos was tipped to be the next Ronaldinho, maybe the player analyzed his situation and thought maybe he would get more first team football at Spurs.

Heard that Ramos is also after Capel (excellent player), so maybe the best youth from La Liga is heading top the Premiership after all. :)

I have not seen much of him at all tbh, but I was saying to Nav on MSN I don't think Barca and there coaches can rate him that highly to sell him for that price.

plus there wasnt a mountain of offers from all the big sides from Italy, Eng, Spain etc which there normally is when a young future superstar comes available.

if you look at most the 17/18 year "wonderkids" from around the big leagues they are already valued very high and wanted by most.

looking forward to seeing him more tho people have been talking about this kid on this forum well before he was even near a 1st team game for barca so will be interesting to see him play on a reg basis

Now a spurs player his rating will probably soon start to drop.

yh mate ur dry, tottenhams the club for promising youngsters these days..bale, dos santos, modric, bostock, mpoku, pekhart, taarabt, gunter.. the list goes on :) tottenham finally might get it right this season

Didn't barce let fabregas go? So maybe they didn't rate him too higly, wenger gave him games and now look at him, one of the best young players in the world. If ramos gives dos santos games theres no reason why he couldnt be awesome aswell. Maybe it was spur's future ambition that persuaded him to go.