Sign in to follow this  
Samir7

United lodge Ron complaint

Manchester United have lodged an official complaint with Fifa over Real Madrid's pursuit of Cristiano Ronaldo.

United had previously warned that they would consider reporting the Spanish giants to world football's governing body unless they ended their public campaign to take the winger to the Bernabeu.

But with the level of speculation surrounding the Portugal international's future having intensified since then, with the player himself doing little to reduce the media frenzy, United have made their complaint official.

No alternative

A statement on the club's official website read: "On 27th May, Manchester United made clear its intention to report Real Madrid to FIFA if it continued to involve itself in the future of Cristiano Ronaldo.

"Unfortunately, Real Madrid has not kept its own counsel and the club feels it has no alternative but to make a formal complaint to the world governing body, which it has done today.

"The precise content and nature will remain confidential."

Documents

A Fifa spokesman said: "I can confirm that we have received an official request from Manchester United to look into the matter.

"We have only just received the documents so we need some time to analyse them before we can make any decision."

Re: United lodge Ron complaint

Typical United really, have you ever noticed how quick they are to complain when anything involves one of there players and i can guarantee that if no action is taken they will be complaining about the strictness of the FA. But when they are the ones in trouble such as Fergy shouting abuse at refs they never complain when little action is taken against them.

I hope no action is taken and also that Ronaldo moves, would be better for him to play in Spain i think, and i believe Real will continue his progress through the ranks. :)

Typical United really' date=' have you ever noticed how quick they are to complain when anything involves one of there players and i can guarantee that if no action is taken they will be complaining about the strictness of the FA. But when they are the ones in trouble such as Fergy shouting abuse at refs they never complain when little action is taken against them.

I hope no action is taken and also that Ronaldo moves, would be better for him to play in Spain i think, and i believe Real will continue his progress through the ranks. :)[/quote']

U being biased?

Just because Man Utd better than Arsenal?

Remember when Arsenal start complaining about Taylor's tackle on Eduardo? It happens its football.

Real Madrid have taken this too far. His our player and they need to understand that he is under contract. This is like a game. Man Utd find the talent and Real Madrid take it away. Forget players they even took our fitness Coach! :mad:

Man Utd find the talent and Real Madrid take it away.

I wouldn't say United found Ronaldo they just helped him along the way, he was already playing a bit for Sporting (May have been another Portuguese club?). But anyway what United do isn't finding a talent, finding a talent is what most smaller clubs do, and the only big club that does it (off the top of my head) is Arsenal. Let's face it who had heard of Cesc Fabregas when he moved to Arsenal as a real youngster, and it took him years to even play a first team game, that is what discovery talent is. Not playing at a good level and then snapping him up. For example you haven't found Ramsey, Cardiff have, you are just nicking him from then and later you will call him United's find. Like i said before it was Cardiff a smaller club who found him.

Finding a player is either bringing a player up through there youth ranks or buying a player from another club and then training him for 2 or 3 years before he even plays a first team game. Not buying a player who is already playing first team football. He doesn't make him your find just because you bought him young. :mad:

And i am not being bias. :D

U being biased?

Just because Man Utd better than Arsenal?

Remember when Arsenal start complaining about Taylor's tackle on Eduardo? It happens its football.

Real Madrid have taken this too far. His our player and they need to understand that he is under contract. This is like a game. Man Utd find the talent and Real Madrid take it away. Forget players they even took our fitness Coach! :mad:

Pretty sure that you are being biased mate...

Man United spend the most (or 2nd most) on the transfer market each year in the Premiership. They steal players that other clubs have been in negotiations with by overwhelming all the other clubs bids/budgets. Then they have a cry when Real Madrid do the same to them (put a huge bid on Ronaldo).

Typical United really' date=' have you ever noticed how quick they are to complain when anything involves one of there players and i can guarantee that if no action is taken they will be complaining about the strictness of the FA. But when they are the ones in trouble such as Fergy shouting abuse at refs they never complain when little action is taken against them.

[/quote']

So true:rolleyes:

I hope he goes to Real, I think it will benifit his football to go, and he can only get better

Its got nothing to do with being biased.....

Its simple typical United.....They spit their dummy out, I don't think Real have done anything different than any other teams do when chasing a certain player...Just United think they are above everyone else so have the right to moan....Its sad!!

I really hope they get told where to go and Ronaldo does move away, I would love it!!!! I really would!!!

Samir, I don't know why you jump straight on Sam's back when he states his opinions and accuse him of being biased....Thats typical United too!!!

Lolol Man Utd have some cheek after they themselves used the same tactics with Carric' date=' Rooney and Hargreaves. Its nice to see Utd get a taste of thier own medicine for a change.[/quote']

And Tevez if I remember rightly!!!

Ronaldo has reportedly said he wants to go to Real so thats whats likely to happen in the end. Ronaldo himself has fuelled the interest and speculation.

Man U are as guilty of unsettling players as much as the other big clubs because they know players want to play for them. Real and Barca have done it every year to players like Henry, Fabregas etc... Its part of the game and you have to accept it happening to your own team at some point... players have a lot of say in their future these days as contracts no longer hold as much control.

But Real Madrid do it more than anyone. All they do is buy a top player and let him warm the bench. Thats what i hate about them. This happened to Owen! They spoiled his career. Cassano. They did it to him. Ciccino. :rolleyes: Real Madrid always try and unsettle a player even if the players club says he is not for sale. :mad: BTW PPL who are saying Ronaldo says he wants to go are wrong. He has told the press he is still undecided!

But Real Madrid do it more than anyone. All they do is buy a top player and let him warm the bench. Thats what i hate about them. This happened to Owen! They spoiled his career. Cassano. They did it to him. Ciccino. :rolleyes: Real Madrid always try and unsettle a player even if the players club says he is not for sale. :mad: BTW PPL who are saying Ronaldo says he wants to go are wrong. He has told the press he is still undecided!

Nobody knows what he's thinking as you'd be a fool to believe the press. Just wait till after the Euro's then everyone will know:)

They did what to these other players? They want the best.....Whats wrong with that?

All those players you listed moved there and were not as good as the players Real already had so thats why they all suffered, those players had the choice to move there or not and obviously saw it as an opportunity to better themselves....

You think Ronaldo will go there and not be used?? NO WAY!

How are they unsettling the player by just going to the media and expressing an interest? Its just pathetic...

They did what to these other players? They want the best.....Whats wrong with that?

All those players you listed moved there and were not as good as the players Real already had so thats why they all suffered' date=' those players had the choice to move there or not and obviously saw it as an opportunity to better themselves....

You think Ronaldo will go there and not be used?? NO WAY!

How are they unsettling the player by just going to the media and expressing an interest? Its just pathetic...[/quote']

Ur trying to tell me Owen never did well?

Owen scored 15 goals coming on from the bench. He was fantastic and was Real Madrid Quality. ;)

Owen scored 15 goals coming on from the bench. He was fantastic and was Real Madrid Quality. ;)

Where in my whole post did I say anything of the sort?

Mate, I suggest you read it properly before posting, I didn't mention anything about how any of them played....

Where in my whole post did I say anything of the sort?

Mate' date=' I suggest you read it properly before posting, I didn't mention anything about how any of them played....[/quote']

You Said:

"All those players you listed moved there and were not as good as the players Real already had so thats why they all suffered"

B):P

You Said:

"All those players you listed moved there and were not as good as the players Real already had so thats why they all suffered"

B):P

Yeah...I have highlighted what I said.......

How does THAT mean:

Hell no....

What I was saying is that Owen was on the bench because Real had players that were better than him at the time....Owen was good, when he played but he was not as good as what Real already had there....

I can't debate with anyone who cant understand English mate!!

Well I haven't really read through the rest of the thread but this is my take.

Real Madrid plainly said that they think Ronaldo is a fabulous player and understandably so, just like any other team makes noise about another player they would like to take.

Nothing to be guilty about there.

Yet United threaten to take it to FIFA.

For a few days it's quiet again, and Real have said that if he is not for sale and Ronaldo doesnt want to leave they will back down. Fair enough.

Then, a day or two before the Euros begin, Ronaldo says he wants to join Real. This, remember, is after Scolari tells Ronaldo that he should join Real.

I think Scolari and the guys from the Portuguese camp may have persuaded him in making his public statement of wanting to join Real Madrid, not Calderon himself.

It was his dream to turn out for Real, he's said it before, before he even rose to stardom for Manchester United.

He has achieved everything possible with United, and if he wants to leave and has his heart set on it, let him go. This entire complaint is garbage; Real Madrid have barely done anything to warrant any sort of reprimanding from the football authorities.

What United did, I think, was pretty childish.

As Calderon said, this is plainly a problem between Ronaldo and United and now it seems that Real are going to take him.

Well what a surprise to hear that Fifa will take no action against Real Madrid, obviously they did nothing wrong and Man Utd just thought they deserve special treatment when it comes to their star players......SAF wont be happy...LOL

i read somewhere before EURO that Scolari said to Ronaldo join Real Madrid because it will be good for him.. i think it will be good for both, Ronaldo will receive more and Scolari will not have to play against the player that gave to United the title..