Improved Finances

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Improvements in relation to ‘Improved Finances’ (which is listed in future improvements) is an ongoing development, and to date improvements have been made to wages, the transfer system, and prize money.

Another improvement has been made in relation to the finance section of the game, and this is in regards to ‘Cash Injection’. Previously each club within the game would automatically receive a ’Cash Injection’ from their chairman at the start of each season . However, some clubs which had balances which were already healthy (for example £120 million) still received a ‘Cash Injection’ from their chairman regardless of their current balance. The change in regards to ‘Cash Injection’ now means that your chairman will only inveset in your club if they need to.

Please Note: Your club will only receive a ‘Cash Injection’ at the start of each season from your chairman if they feel that they need to

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Improved Finances

Re: Improved Finances As a manager of some smaller clubs i have not seen these changes helping me. For example I manage Leeds United and have got them promoted to the 1st division. I have had no inve

I have mixed feelings about this improvement.. It can be okay, that a team which has 200 million, doesnt really needs that cash injection. BUT.. This "the chairman will invest if needed" thing.. How will the chairman now what I need? For example, having a team with a quite small stadion, that means I wont get tons of cash for home matches, and when finally the investment would come, I wont get enough.. Of course if I have only 4 mill, probably I'll get some cash, but will be enough? What if I want to reorganise my squad? I'll definitely need cash to do that, mostly if I want to use some of my players for trade.. How will the chairman now how much money I need to materialize my plans...?

We all know, that because of the chairman value thing, the good players are expensive, and without cash, it wont be easy.. Of course I dont know how will the chairman decide the amount of cash, maybe will give more if needed, will be better than it was, this is just a little thought..

UPDATE: Well it seems, that in some cases its better than was.. :D

I really don't like this.

I often take Division 2 clubs in WC's, get them promoted and then enjoy the challenge of competing in the top division. The Chairmans investment at the start of the season is vital to squad building for the jump up a division.

I often save up money for a major spending spree between seasons. If I have say £20 - £30 million stashed away am I no longer going to get that cash injection?

From my experiences with him so far I don't think I trust the chairman to make a good decision as to when I need funds and when I don't.

to be honest, like the post says its more for clubs with already really healthy finances. I dont think those who manage smaller clubs will be affected too much. If we have to become less reliant on our chairmans cash maybe now it will sort the men from the boys in terms of the ability to wheel and deal in the market.

to be honest' date=' like the post says its more for clubs with already really healthy finances. I dont think those who manage smaller clubs will be affected too much. If we have to become less reliant on our chairmans cash maybe now it will sort the men from the boys in terms of the ability to wheel and deal in the market.[/quote']

I think my Man City got more cash with this system.. The only thing I'm hoping for is that the chairman will give enough money allways.. If I want to strenght my team with a good player, I need at least 20-25 million.. Chairman must know this..

to be honest' date=' like the post says its more for clubs with already really healthy finances. I dont think those who manage smaller clubs will be affected too much. If we have to become less reliant on our chairmans cash maybe now it will sort the men from the boys in terms of the ability to wheel and deal in the market.[/quote']

Or small clubs are worse off as they try to compete with the big boys. No matter how awesome you think you are in the transfer market, if you are say Coventry having less money to compete with Manchester Utd is not a good thing.

I don't understand why SM have to always be so cloak and dagger about things. If we knew at what balance you would get a cash injection and what balance you wouldn't it would be possible to plan accordingly. Instead we are at the mercy of "the chairmans" ropey judgement.

Or small clubs are worse off as they try to compete with the big boys. No matter how awesome you think you are in the transfer market' date=' if you are say Coventry having less money to compete with Manchester Utd is not a good thing.[/quote']

thing is you see, with my coventry team im 5th in the prem, above man u, although they have better players. My wheeling and dealing has put me on an equal footing, maybe not on paper but tactially I have enough to compete with them. Im real life and in SM no matter what the rules are, Manchester United will always have more money and more power than Coventry City. But its how you deal with that fact that counts.

thing is you see' date=' with my coventry team im 5th in the prem, above man u, although they have better players. My wheeling and dealing has put me on an equal footing, maybe not on paper but tactially I have enough to compete with them. Im real life and in SM no matter what the rules are, Manchester United will always have more money and more power than Coventry City. But its how you deal with that fact that counts.[/quote']

Yes, that's all true. The point is, how is a change that makes that gulf harder to bridge an improvement to the game?

Yes' date=' that's all true. The point is, how is a change that makes that gulf harder to bridge an improvement to the game?[/quote']

who says its going to be a gulf thats harder to bridge? :confused:

Surely if the Manchester Uniteds and Chelsea's are the ones already wealthy, then they wont be gettin much of a cash injection, if any. And those of less financial power will be given the same amount as before. Thats what the change has lead me to believe upon reading it.

How is this bad for the game and making any gulf larger?

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Surely if the Manchester Uniteds and Chelsea's are the ones already wealthy' date=' then they wont be gettin much of a cash injection, if any. And those of less financial power will be given the same amount as before. Thats what the change has lead me to believe upon reading it.[/quote']

You have pretty much hit the nail on the head in relation to this change.

who says its going to be a gulf thats harder to bridge? :confused:

Surely if the Manchester Uniteds and Chelsea's are the ones already wealthy' date=' then they wont be gettin much of a cash injection, if any. And those of less financial power will be given the same amount as before. Thats what the change has lead me to believe upon reading it.

How is this bad for the game and making any gulf larger?[/quote']

Say you take over Coventry in a new English Championship. In the first season you get them promoted. Towards the end of the first season the Man Utd manager who starts with a way better squad to begin with spends all his money on Messi, Kaka, Casillas etc etc and has a very low bank balance. You seeing promotion on the horizon save your money knowing that if you secure promotion you will need money to improve the squad to compete at a higher level.

The Man Utd manager gets a cash injection. You don't. This sucks.

Say you take over Coventry in a new English Championship. In the first season you get them promoted. Towards the end of the first season the Man Utd manager who starts with a way better squad to begin with spends all his money on Messi' date=' Kaka, Casillas etc etc and has a very low bank balance. You seeing promotion on the horizon save your money knowing that if you secure promotion you will need money to improve the squad to compete at a higher level.

The Man Utd manager gets a cash injection. You don't. This sucks.[/quote']

Im sure the game will take in to account the money already spent by a team over a season and any recent recruitments. The chairman will know not to invest just because there is no cash in the pot at the end of the season where there mite have been 2 weeks before. Whereas a team who has spent very little, gaining promotion, the chairman will know he needs to release some cash for players to allow the manager to compete in a higher division. As it was before.

Like i said before, this change applies more to the big clubs than to those who manage lower league clubs.

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

In 99% of cases your chairman wil invest into your club so it is not worthwhile trying to spend all of your money before the start of a new season.

Im sure the game will take in to account the money already spent by a team over a season and any recent recruitments. The chairman will know not to invest just because there is no cash in the pot at the end of the season where there mite have been 2 weeks before. Whereas a team who has spent very little' date=' gaining promotion, the chairman will know he needs to release some cash for players to allow the manager to compete in a higher division. As it was before.

This is just an assumption. You don't really know at all how this is going to be implemented. It may well turn out to work well and be fair. I suspect in certain circumstances it will be unfair to smaller teams.

I haven't been proven wrong or right. Only time will tell how this will effect all types of teams. I'll hold my judgement for now, but I do have serious reservations.

You were blatantly brown nosing. It was funny. :)

This is just an assumption. You don't really know at all how this is going to be implemented. It may well turn out to work well and be fair. I suspect in certain circumstances it will be unfair to smaller teams.

I haven't been proven wrong or right. Only time will tell how this will effect all types of teams. I'll hold my judgement for now' date=' but I do have serious reservations.

You were blatantly brown nosing. It was funny. :)[/quote']

so if you are now willing to consider it might be alrite after all, why have u been moaning saying it sucks all the way through the thread?

And then you have the cheek to say i was 'brown nosing' for telling SM that im in favour with the new feature.

so if you are now willing to consider it might be alrite after all' date=' why have u been moaning saying it sucks all the way through the thread?

And then you have the cheek to say i was 'brown nosing' for telling SM that im in favour with the new feature.[/quote']

I have no interest in being drawn into a petty argument with you. I've made my points. My work here is done.

Im sure the game will take in to account the money already spent by a team over a season and any recent recruitments. The chairman will know not to invest just because there is no cash in the pot at the end of the season where there mite have been 2 weeks before. Whereas a team who has spent very little' date=' gaining promotion, the chairman will know he needs to release some cash for players to allow the manager to compete in a higher division. As it was before.

Like i said before, this change applies more to the big clubs than to those who manage lower league clubs.[/quote']

It wont b, the AI involved would b too complex. It'll b money in the pot at the end iof the day ONLY.

If any genuine SM admins can explain the details of this more i would be most grateful.

It says on on the website that new setups will get cash injections Monday evenings. But I havent got any money except for season tickets. I only have £7.2 million, will I still get money or not?

First game on Saturday aswell, and I want to buy people :)