Improved Finances

Re: Improved Finances

Alright lads, calm down!

You both made excellent points with regards to this topic and have certainly opened the topic up for discussion. I'm going to rep you both for your input, but I would suggest this petty exchange which has followed is not doing either of you any favours and maybe you guys should leave it where it is.

I'm pretty certain none of us know how it will pan out (probably SM themselves do not either), but the fact remains that it has been implemented and we have to see how it goes. Once we have evidence of it's impact, then we can say for real what impact it has. Until then, all we suggest is conjecture and we should not be criticising each others opinions :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Improved Finances As a manager of some smaller clubs i have not seen these changes helping me. For example I manage Leeds United and have got them promoted to the 1st division. I have had no inve

It says on on the website that new setups will get cash injections Monday evenings. But I havent got any money except for season tickets. I only have £7.2 million' date=' will I still get money or not?

First game on Saturday aswell, and I want to buy people :)[/quote']

You've got the exact same problem as me, before i had a balance of 500k, your telling me I can buy world class stars with that, today I get a 6.5 mill increase, but still no cash from the chairman, You would think if he wants me to improve for next season he would give me money, and as you probably know players are hard to buy in WC2 so little money aint gonna help is it

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

If anyone has not received their cash injection then please could you raise a ticket to SM Support for us to investigate as this is not the place to report any potential bugs.

Having said that all Chairman injections were given out correctly, however a message was not created and the balance sheet was not updated accordingly. All clubs still received the injection and club balances incremented.

I'm a bit confused with this to be honest. My Real Madrid side have a good squad but do need 1 or 2 new players - particularly as I've got a couple of older players that will need replacing.

I had £3.4m and this morning that has gone up to £6.1m from season ticket sales. Is that all I'm going to get or will a cash injection follow? I've spoken to another manager in my setup who has a small squad and a small bank balance and he's the same and where it could be argued Madrid don't need any cash, he certainly does - yet he's not got a bean.

Can someone clarify this a bit?

You both certainly should have got a cash injection. It may just be worth checking back/ recalling your balance at the end of last season. The reason I say this, is that in the last week teams have been receiving cash injections but this has not been showing up as a club message as it used to (some kind of display issue). If this is not the case (and it soulds like it isn't), you must send a ticket via the support system and this should get rectified soon enough for both of you :)

Perhaps some teething issues with the new feature. The best thing I can suggest is to send a support ticket. A few members I know have indeed not received a chairman's injection after checking their finances, but have had this rapidly rectified by the SM team. I would send a ticket on behalf of the whole set-up (to save unnecessary multiple tickets) with details of the set-up (type, number and name) and I'm sure SM will rectify this for you :)

PS Welcome to the forums, Walchy :)

Its good to see SM being improved with new features such as the cash injection not happening for absurdly rich clubs but its a bit worry for lower league clubs such as my Shorpe team who currently have £12.5m in the bank because I sold a few players to fund some transfers but haven't spent the money yet. With only a couple of games left I'm worried (and pretty sure) I wont get a cash injection so I'm going to have to act fast in the transfer market.

If the injection is based purely on current transfer funds then surely it can be exploited in that people can spend their money on players who they know will at least keep their value/rating so they do keep getting that transfer injection.

On a side note will the message problem regarding cash injections not showing up be fixed soon as I don't follow all my teams closely enough to know if I have or haven't received a cash injection - therefore how can i report it if I don't know!!

Guest joe black

Its good to see SM being improved with new features such as the cash injection not happening for absurdly rich clubs but its a bit worry for lower league clubs such as my Shorpe team who currently have £12.5m in the bank because I sold a few players to fund some transfers but haven't spent the money yet. With only a couple of games left I'm worried (and pretty sure) I wont get a cash injection so I'm going to have to act fast in the transfer market.

If the injection is based purely on current transfer funds then surely it can be exploited in that people can spend their money on players who they know will at least keep their value/rating so they do keep getting that transfer injection.

On a side note will the message problem regarding cash injections not showing up be fixed soon as I don't follow all my teams closely enough to know if I have or haven't received a cash injection - therefore how can i report it if I don't know!!

Check out the "Finances" tab,it will tell you how much money you have received and who gave it to you and how much you have paid out and who it went too

EDIT...........Dont bother mate lol,i just heard the balance sheet has not been updated:p

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

As I stated earlier if anyone has not received their cash injection and they have a low balance then please could you raise a ticket to SM Support for us to investigate. This is not the place to report any potential bugs or to discuss if you have or haven't received an injection from your Chairman.

I think the cash injection should only NOT happen when you have say over £50 million in the bank and/or over a certain valuation of a squad dependent on the division you're in...

I appreciate it may not be 'realistic' to receive money after every season or after a poor season or whatever but I think people will get fed up if they don't receive funds because the main interest in the game is building up a great squad of players and to enjoy that process. It takes months to play a full season so to come to the end of it and not be able to improve your team, especially in the lower leagues would be a bit disappointing. Not everyone reads the forums and spends hours looking at the latest and greatest risers so they wont generate much of an income for themselves.

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

This will encourage people to spend all their money so nothing is left in their bank. TBH I'm not too sure about this.

Could you please refer to the relevant SM Blog article or my original post as this answers your concern.

Chaps,

There are other ways to gain/Save money.... and you can not and should not assume or bank on getting a cash injection. A good manager will spend time and resource looking for young talent that will have a rating increment in the future thus allowing the manager to buy them cheap and watch them grow into a great player OR sell them on for a profit.... much how it works in real life :rolleyes:

If you DONT want to worry about transfer kitty and demand instant success then wait for one of the big clubs to become available and you will instantly have a great squad all be it slightly boring...

B)

So...

I have a Portsmouth team in an English Championship. In my first season I finished 5th in the league and won one of the cups. A good first season which I hope to build on and challenge for the league in the second.

As a result of my success I recieved a reasonable amount of prize money which naturally I invested in the team.

At the start of the new season I recieved NO cash injection. I'm not a big club, I have a small ground yet I have had some sucess and have built a team which is capable of preparing for a title challenge. Why would my chairman choose not to invest in the team to help this effort?

I would be interested to know if people think this is fair/right, and realistic. I don't consider this "improved finances". Do you?

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1

What if youre saving up to buy someone ?

I.E RONALDO who would cost a ton

Future improvement you get options at the start of the season indicating you want to sign a big player I.E Ronaldo or a large amount of future risers so you are given a larger wage budget

You cant spend more than 99.95m though on any one player in cash terms, so saving up is kind of pointless beyond that point anyway. Besides you can still save by selling/gate receipts.

When I heard about this idea, it was my understanding that it would only affect super rich clubs.... as they really dont NEED the cash injection and in real life if a manager already had a £100m in the transfer kitty then they wouldnt be given extra to spend.

If people are not receiving cash injections but have little money, I would first wait (as it often comes through late) and then I would definitely send a ticket if still nothing comes through as to my knowledge this wasn't the intention of this addition.

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

As I stated earlier if anyone has not received their cash injection and they have a low balance then please could you raise a ticket to SM Support for us to investigate. This is not the place to report any potential bugs or to discuss if you have or haven't received an injection from your Chairman.

Please can people refer to my earlier post back on the 16/06 as this is NOT the place to discuss if you have or haven't received a cash injection from their chairman.

Any further posts in relation to this will be deleted as you need to go through the relevant channels if you have not received an injection (and have a low balance).

Also of note it has has been clearly stated on SM Info the cash injection now happens on a Monday.

From SM Blog

A few weeks ago we made some changes in relation to the finance section of the game, and this was in regards to ‘Cash Injection’. This has caused some confusion from managers asking if/when they actually receive it.

Previously each club within the game would automatically receive a ’Cash Injection’ from their chairman at the start of each season. However, some clubs which had balances which were already healthy still received a ‘Cash Injection’ from their chairman regardless of their current balance

The change made in regards to ‘Cash Injection’ now means that your chairman will only inveset in your club if they need to. This ‘Cash Injection’ happens at the start of each season, and if they decide to further invest in your club then you will receive this money on a Monday. If you do not receive a ‘Cash Injection’ from your chairman on this day then it is due to them deciding not to further invest due to you already having a healthy balance.

May I ask, what does the chairman take as being a healthy balance? Some people's thoughts on a healthy balance may be different from others.

Lets take Stadium capacity for example:

I manage Preston North End. Two seasons ago, before the new feature, I got them promoted :D :D For my first season in the league, I was constantly hovering around £0, due to the clubs wage budget being too low for the calibre of player. The player with the highest wages when I first took over a bog-standard Preston was probably David Nugent. Currently, the highest player is Gonul Gokhan, with £22k wages. 26 from 51 players have wages in the tens of thousands. My wage bill is now £609,345. Last season I finished 7th.

Now, the stadium. Deepdale holds 21,412. Old Trafford holds 76,212. My club has the smallest capacity stadium out of the league. But the chairman considered this a 'healthy' stadium size. It's smaller than the Darlington Arena for goodness sake! :mad::eek: (25,294)

So, I was given £21m in chairman injection :eek: Thats the most I have ever had. Before that, I had £3m. Can someone please specify what a 'healthy' balance is, so I can plan my finances accordingly, and also sort out the stadium capacity gap.

Cheers.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Your chairman has decided not to invest any further cash into the club this season.

I got shocked when i saw this because i only had 1 million left from last season and just when the new season was about to start, the chairman gave me nothing. Is it because my team has star players? Cause i have like Buffon, Ronaldo, Messi, Ibrahimovic, Ribery, Xabi, Gallas Lucio, Puyol Etc.. I need money to keep these players for my Fenerbahce and i just made it back to the 1.st division after getting relegated to the 2.nd division due to tactic problems. So now i have to sell a few players. REALLY HATE THIS UPDATE.

• 4 weeks later...