• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Improved Finances

Re: Improved Finances As a manager of some smaller clubs i have not seen these changes helping me. For example I manage Leeds United and have got them promoted to the 1st division. I have had no inve

I like the improved finances.

My Histon Team with a stadium cap of 3,800 is doing OK but I am running at a 200K loss some weeks but hey, thats down to having players like Glen Johnson, Kevin Davies, Thomas Vermaelen, Diego Perotti etc in my team, that and a 90 man squad. :)

Money spinners are the key

Otamendi bought at 300K sold at £9.6M

Schennnikov bought at 200K sold at £7.1M

Chagas bought at 10K sold at £6.8M

£23M profit by doing a bit of research on the forums. So whilst it may suck running a weekly deficit learn to live within your means or buy some money spinners.

In real life, none of these players would ever sign for Histon, the same could be said for signing a top player into any **** team with a tiny stadium.

The changes are here to stay and I for one now have to work at it harder to identify the future risers but I much prefer it.

• 1 month later...

So can anyone tell me the deal now with end of season finances?

Or is it still up in the air...

I have just finished runner up in division 3 with:

Balance / Transfer Budget £5.6M / £16.3M

I am hoping that the 'chairman' will take the fact I'm not in debt and will add to the transfer kitty... Anyone an SM god and know the answer to this?

Many thanks

So can anyone tell me the deal now with end of season finances?

Or is it still up in the air...

I have just finished runner up in division 3 with:

Balance / Transfer Budget £5.6M / £16.3M

I am hoping that the 'chairman' will take the fact I'm not in debt and will add to the transfer kitty... Anyone an SM god and know the answer to this?

Many thanks

It Will Become £5.6M/£5.6M Mate. ;) I Think. :o

The finances really do annoy me sometimes.

I just got Santos promoted to division 1 and we had -£6 million and only 34k on transfer budget. And the chairman doesnt invest? We were very lucky to get promotion, and my team is pretty poor, with not much depth.

Ive had to sell 2 of my best players just to get some money. Kinda sucks :(

• 4 weeks later...

Just as two teams i manage come to end of the season. They decide to change the finances system and the chairman does not invest at this point no more. To me this seams very strange, as most real clubs have funds for a new season to improve the team at whatever level your team is at and whatever league u in!

also funds are needed for replacing older players or players retiring at end of season! This is a fact of life for me!

At the Last end of season as manager of one clubs i manage i had the message the chairman is not investing any money in the club at this point or something close to that!! and now 2nd season in a row no investment for players as yet!

maybe i not used to change in this respect all the other changes i don't see why they would not be good for certain setups but time will tell. guess just have to see how it pans out... but i know this.... if no money soon may have to consider quitting that team. what is the point of staying as the manger long term at a club which is what i like to do!!

if u said to a real manager sorry no funds for players 2 seasons in a row would he stick around at that club and others members may feel the same way as i do guess thats why i posting.

• 1 month later...

As a manager of some smaller clubs i have not seen these changes helping me. For example I manage Leeds United and have got them promoted to the 1st division. I have had no investment to help me stay in the division. All of the players i have bought have been from trading up, making a couple of mil on each player. Dont get me wrong this is one of the sides of the game i enjoy the most but this leaves me with a small squad size and when i get injuries and suspensions (of which i have 4 of my best) i find it difficult to field a decent squad. A injection of 7mil or so would boost me enough to buy a decent player or a couple of squad players. For realism sake at the begining of last season when wolves got promoted to the prem league mick mccarthy was given 20mil to help him cope with the oncoming season. Anyway i understand that everybody is in the same boat but those of us who play this game to the max from the off by scouting players seem to be at a disadvantage as there is no reward for our hard work, while those who have reaped the rewards of previous seasons injections and add to that have large attendance revenue can sit back on there fortunes. As i understand the new rules revenue will be shared out more evenly across all the squads and cash injection will be given when chairman sees fit ( i.e when your club goes below a predetermined co-efficient made up of a percentage of all the clubs revenue). I currently have a squad of 27 and on average make a profit 200k per match. This means i will make an overall profit of 7.6mil not including profit from players plus prize money 5mil max unless i do really well, giving me a minimum of 12.6mil for the next season or 1 very good player if im lucky. Well thats my rant over i just hope promoted clubs get a better rub of the green.

Mate you got nothing to worry about. Firstly, leeds united has a stadium thats basically the same size as chelsea's! Also, be thankful you are making money. For my chelsea, i only have a 23 man squad and i lose 300k every away game and only earn 100k every home game, or something around those figures. Now i'm not trying to complain about my big club, because i know everyone is having troubles, im just trying to let you know that your leeds is perfectly fine. You can't compare this games finances to real life. In real life, would you as a manager get leeds to division one? Yes, in real life you would get a cash injection, but in real life, the big clubs get bigger and the small clubs get smaller, which would make this game boring. Also if you have troubles with injuries, perhaps you should work on you first team before you just start buying risers.

Injecting 7 million is a huge amount. Think about it this way, if every club in just the first division did that, 140 million would come into the game world every season. Add to that cup wins and the money from league position, and the fact that there are 3 other divisions who would get cash injections, that is a lot of money. In less than 10 seasons, the game worlds economy would be ruined. Money would be worthless, which is what the new finances is trying to solve. Also, everyone is in the same boat, only the clubs who don't have the assets to get them out of debt get cash injections. So, nobody is buying loads of expensive players, unless they've earnt some money via risers etc, in which case they fully deserve the money.

• 2 weeks later...

just an update still not received any funds from chairman under this new system has anybody, i wonder.

here's the other thing now 4 of the best players injured in 1 team i manage and only a small squad of decent players the others are all youth low ratings players for the cup games etc and why this a prob well lack of investment by the chairman imo and no cover for them expectations for this season well not to win or compete for anything!

bring back the old system i say ditch the concerns too bring in a squad cap of realistic sizes instead. how many players do u actually need i say prob 30/35 players no more!

another thing about this system of finances it does not promote managers staying at clubs longterm seems that way to me! i was offered man utd job with 40 odd millions to spend but i turned it down coz i want to manage longterm and not jump ship just for money, but u do need money/ investment of which none has been forthcoming almost at the end of another season too and there will be no investment by chairman again so how does this pan out

well not as playable game as it was before!

hey people quit complainig i have maccabi petach tikva,stadium 4000,squad worth around 10 million,investment in second season 1 million,but my squad is strong cause i earn money on risers chairmans value etc,and now my squad is average 90,i have gallas 93,pique,suazo,santacruz 90,granero,etc,u just must worrie abou yours finances thats it

hey people quit complainig i have maccabi petach tikva' date='stadium 4000,squad worth around 10 million,investment in second season 1 million,but my squad is strong cause i earn money on risers chairmans value etc,and now my squad is average 90,i have gallas 93,pique,suazo,santacruz 90,granero,etc,u just must worrie abou yours finances thats it[/quote']

I'd agree with this, i generate money by doing the same with Carlisle and Darlington, if i was capped to 35 players i couldn't do this and my stadium is too small to compete at the top levels.

just an update still not received any funds from chairman under this new system has anybody' date=' i wonder.

here's the other thing now 4 of the best players injured in 1 team i manage and only a small squad of decent players the others are all youth low ratings players for the cup games etc and why this a prob well lack of investment by the chairman imo and no cover for them expectations for this season well not to win or compete for anything!

bring back the old system i say ditch the concerns too bring in a squad cap of realistic sizes instead. how many players do u actually need i say prob 30/35 players no more!

another thing about this system of finances it does not promote managers staying at clubs longterm seems that way to me! i was offered man utd job with 40 odd millions to spend but i turned it down coz i want to manage longterm and not jump ship just for money, but u do need money/ investment of which none has been forthcoming almost at the end of another season too and there will be no investment by chairman again so how does this pan out

well not as playable game as it was before![/quote']

Mate have you ever thought it's not the finances that are wrong? perhaps you overspend/have players with wages too high. Not trying to bag you or anything, but in all my teams, i have managed to make cutbacks where needed to keep above water and prosper.

Carlisle and Darlington when will they ever compete at highest level thats a fact of life but fair is fair

i not losing money just not making any why should everyone have to wheel and deal then sell players to compete

i understand middlesborough not going to compete squad wise with man utd chelsea etc

but some form of investment would be good for the game worlds and the old system i feel was better at least u knew where u stood, at the start of the season.

even when the chairman said he not going to invest at this time least u knew seems only time u get money is to balance the books when u in the red and this does not benefit the clubs that keep a check on finances and run a good ship

Yeah but it does advantage the people who 'wheel and deal' and spend a lot of time on SM. Should it not advantage the people who work hard at this game? To be successful in this game you have t buy risers and sell them for more than you paid, to keep your head above water, and to succeed. If the chairmen did invest then game worlds get ruined within 10 seasons. The new finances makes it more challenging which i find more fun because you can't just buy all the bets players in one season, you have to actually work at it over 4 or 5 seasons.