Guest Atkin

Philippe Coutinho

coutinho_ES.jpg

Name: Philippe Coutinho

DOB: 12-6-1992

Nationality: Brazilian

Club: Inter Milan

Position:Attacking Midfield (AM)

I was very surprised there was already no thread on this player as airfutbol.com rank him as the second biggest prospect in the world.

worldsoccer.com: Brazilian club Vasco da Gama have accused Real Madrid of making an illegal approach to 15-year-old player Philippe Coutinho and say they will report the matter to FIFA.

Despite both Barcelona and Villereal showing interest in Coutinho, Real Madrid look to take the lead and could be close on an agreement.

Coutinho won the South American U'15 Championship scoring 3 goals in 4 games with Brazil.

'He dominated the USA in the u17 Nike friendly, best player on the field.'

Video -

Currently NOT on the DB.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Philippe Coutinho Name: Philippe Coutinho DOB: 12-6-1992 Age: 16 Nationality: Brazilian Club: Inter Milan Position:Attacking Midfield (AM) I was very surprised there was already no threa

Re: Philippe Coutinho Inter have signed new teenage sensation Philippe Coutinho. The 16-year-old is regarded as the emerging star of Brazilian football and was specifically sought after by technical

Re: Philippe Coutinho

• 1 month later...

from goal.com

The 16-year-old, better known simply as 'Coutinho', signs on at the San Siro for a fee said to be in the region of €10m.

The attacking midfielder is one of the most-discussed youngsters in Brazilian footballing circles, and despite having made just a handful of first team appearances he was previously tracked by Real Madrid.

Club president Roberto Dinamita told Radio Bandeirantes today, however, that the Spanish side's interest was moot after Inter paid 10 million Brazilian reals for Coutinho's services.

However as part of the deal the youngster will remain at Vasco until the end of the 2008-09 season at least in order to home his skills.

Dinamita said, "We have decided to sell him to Inter, in part due to our reaching an agreement with the Italian club to allow us to retain him until he reaches the age of majority.

"We have a young team with plenty of marvellous talents, but it's necessary to keep a climate of confidence and patience to allow them to mature."

Guest Atkin

Inter have signed new teenage sensation Philippe Coutinho.

The 16-year-old is regarded as the emerging star of Brazilian football and was specifically sought after by technical director Marco Branca who fought off competition from the likes of Real Madrid to sign the forward.

The announcement was made by Roberto Dinamite, president of the teenager's current club Vasco da Gama.

He said: "We have sold Coutinho to Inter also because the agreement is that he will remain here at the club for another two years while still a minor seeing as we have a very young side full of promising talents who need time to mature in a patient environment."

The youngster has been likened to Robinho and Pato but his idol is another Brazilian and AC Milan superstar, Ricky Kaka.

The under-16 international said: "I would love to play alongside him, it would be very easy for me, but it would be he who would decide the outcome of all the games."

Now the player who cost the Nerazzurri 4million euro will almost certainly play against the 26-year-old once he reaches Italian shores in two years time.

Coutinho

#10 This player could turn out to be the next Pele, if he continues to show is incredible talent for the Brazil U15s and Vasco De Gama. He is only 15 years of age and he has already been strongly linked with Real Madrid, whose scouts (Miguel Angel Portugal and Julen Lopetegui) have been very impressed by his technical abilities. Coutinho is an attacking midfielder who scored 3 goals in 4 matches for Brazil's U15s at this years South American U15 Championships. Reports suggest that he will sign for Real Madrid when he turns 16. Real are the favourites, but Barcelona, Valencia, Athletico Madrid and Villareal have all stated their interest in the teenager. Watch out for this player in the future on SM, maybe one of the highest rated players on the game. One things for sure. I will have him.

Not On The DB

29th December 2007, 4:30pm

Beat you to him, glad you followed him up though :)

• 8 months later...
Guest Atkin

I'll to keep regular updates as I'll try to watch all the games at the South American U17s starting today.

Coutinho is expected to be the key guy' date=' especially with Neymar not making the trip.[/quote']

Thats great mate.

Hopefully he will do well.

Cant wait for him to be added!

I'll to keep regular updates as I'll try to watch all the games at the South American U17s starting today.

Coutinho is expected to be the key guy' date=' especially with Neymar not making the trip.[/quote']

Are you going to be making a thread for it? Just asking because I remember you doing threads for previous youth tournaments. If not, for anyone wanting to follow it, Goal.com are doing sohere. Not the best website but they seem pretty dedicated.

Are you going to be making a thread for it? Just asking because I remember you doing threads for previous youth tournaments. If not' date=' for anyone wanting to follow it, Goal.com are doing sohere. Not the best website but they seem pretty dedicated.

Still trying to decide. I'm trying to keep the Brazil thread updated, and I definatly going to be watching every Brazil game and keeping their performances up to date.

I like what I'm seeing so far. 2 players have caught my eye in particular who I am just loving to watch. Coutinho is not one of them , he is way too wasteful. Next Pato? Pato would have 4 goals by now.

I compare him to Bernardo for his playmaking and set plays though. (Yay for me, already calling him the next Bernardo when Bernardo himself just got added a week ago)

Oh, and he has to do SOMETHING about that hair.

Who were the players you liked then? I heard Wellington' date=' Zezinho, Joao Pedro, Coutinho and Gerson had a brilliant game.[/quote']

The two first ones :D

JP was very good as well, hard to fault Gerson at all. Dôdo looks like he just came out of mommy's womb, and Coutinho was a major disappointment. Ciro would've had 5 goals from his chances.

Great passer and vision though, just lacks finishing.

Thanks Insider. Wasn't able to catch either game so your updates will be helpful.

Can you tell me anymore about Zezinho please?

I don't know much about him. I'm going to be researching a lot in the next week, but yesterday is the first I've seen of most of them.

All I know about Zezinho is that he has a 40 million USD buyout clause at Juve. He is also a 16 year old in the senior team. Keep an eye on a thread I'll be writing up soon about Brazil at the U20s. I don't think the OP appreciates my kidnapping his thread :D

The two first ones :D

JP was very good as well' date=' hard to fault Gerson at all. Dôdo looks like he just came out of mommy's womb, and Coutinho was a major disappointment. Ciro would've had 5 goals from his chances.

Great passer and vision though, just lacks finishing.[/quote']

He is a true #10...A pure playmaker! Of course his finishing is not good..He's only 16.. Perfect example is Adem Ljajic. If you look at his videos that have hundreds of thousand of hits you'll see that he has no finish. That was when he was 15-16. He as well is a playmaker and if you watch his games for Partizan now he hits shots from 20 even 30 yards out. He's got an excellent finish at net and great instincts. The same can be said about Coutinho.

He had a goal and 2 assists and also set up the fourth and final goal!

First two goals he assisted. He makes the penalty and makes that beautiful long pass for the fourth goal. This kid is going to be a star and IMO he's going to be bigger than Neymar just you wait and watch :)

Voted MOM of match by the way

He is a true #10...A pure playmaker! Of course his finishing is not good..He's only 16.. Perfect example is Adem Ljajic. If you look at his videos that have hundreds of thousand of hits you'll see that he has no finish. That was when he was 15-16. He as well is a playmaker and if you watch his games for Partizan now he hits shots from 20 even 30 yards out. He's got an excellent finish at net and great instincts. The same can be said about Coutinho.

He had a goal and 2 assists and also set up the fourth and final goal!

First two goals he assisted. He makes the penalty and makes that beautiful long pass for the fourth goal. This kid is going to be a star and IMO he's going to be bigger than Neymar just you wait and watch :)

Voted MOM of match by the way

I said major disappointment because he is being called "The Next Pato" and couldn't fit a regular enveloppe into a mailbox judging on his finishing. I gave him the vision and the passes, I said it about the playmaking. I know he'll be a star, but he needs to lear to finish. Some of those chances... alone with the keeper and softly passing it to his chest? That's weak.

I said major disappointment because he is being called "The Next Pato" and couldn't fit a regular enveloppe into a mailbox judging on his finishing. I gave him the vision and the passes' date=' I said it about the playmaking. I know he'll be a star, but he needs to lear to finish. Some of those chances... alone with the keeper and softly passing it to his chest? That's weak.[/quote']

Here's the thing though..Whoever said he's the next "Pato" is sadly mistaken.

Firstly, Coutinho has stated many times that he wishes to play alongside Kaka one day...Kaka is an ideal palymaker or attacking midfielder as is Coutinho. I have no doubt in my mind that Coutinho will be as good or even better than Kaka in the near future..but he is def. and probably will never be as good of a finisher as Pato because they play two different positions!