Scolari named Chelsea manager!

Louis

Re: Scolari named Chelsea manager!

They just mentioned this on the Switzerland/Turkey match. Interesting. I thought it would be Rijkaard or Mancini.

Do you realise 3 of the 4 Portugal defenders play for Chelsea already?

Yes i did mate. So they will know him well when he joins Chelsea and can help him out with speaking English for him to the other players.

I think he should do well at Chelsea. They have the players. They just need the manager.

Good choice for Chelsea' date=' great manager, commands respect ect

Be intresting to see what he does with the squad when he gets there.[/quote']

Yeah i think it will be intrested also Simon.

I think he will sell off some people though and try to make a better squad and get some uncoming talent.

Maybe Carvalho will sign a new contract or whatever now as he known's his International manager will be the manager next month.

HAHAHAHA

Bad mistake from Chelsea.

This guy can't even speak or understand English! They may hope he is a quick learner!

He hasn't managed at club level since 2001 and he's never even managed a European team..No experience in the Champions League..wrong decision if you ask me.

Before 2002 he was pretty much unknown even though he'd been managing for 20 years, he speaks no English, and the last time he managed at club level he finished a lowly 21st in the Brazilian league with Cruzeiro (2001). He did win the 1999 Copa Libertadores with Palmeiras though, but his club record is still patchy, not to mention the fact that the best league he's ever managed in is Brazil, and the Copa Libertadores is NOT the Champions League.

Having said that though, Chelsea will give him the resources he hasn't had in the past, and once he settles in (and learns English :P) I expect him to do a decent job. Whether he will win the Premiership and/or Champions League soon enough to keep Abrahmovic happy is another matter entirely. :rolleyes:

According to reports Today when he was in Japan and also Kuwait Scolari coached and the language used was English.... so no problems there then:)

There is a problem.....otherwise he wouldn't need an interpreter to interpret EVERY question he gets asked in English. His English is pretty much non-existent. So it looks like the Chelsea players are in for a whale of a time with a game of Charades before kick off and Scolari using a Pictionary board game at half time to draw what he wants them to do. :rolleyes: