Job Offers

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Job Offers

the chairman will only look for managers within the setup at clubs who he believes are likely to become the new manager. For example' date=' the chairman of Blackpool will not approach the current manager of Everton, and is more likely to approach the manager of Halifax Town. [/quote']

So... I have an awesome Zaragoza team that I got promoted from Division 2 to the top division in a WC. I have 19 90 or higher rated players. 11 turns into my first season in division 1 I am second, 3 points behind the leaders.

This morning I have a job offer from Bolton (!) who are 16th in Division 2 with no 90 rated players. I think a little refining is required!

Whilst it's definitely a good addition that has been made by SM and any improvement makes the game more realistic' date=' i'd be surprised if many people actually accepted a job offer.[/quote']

yer like me for example i wouldnt because id have worked hard on the club i was already with

got my first job offer :D

The chairman of Milton Keynes Dons has made you a job offer to take control of the club. The Milton Keynes Dons Chairman has stated around £1.3M will be available for you to spend. If you accept this job offer then you will leave Swindon Town immediately. This job offer will only be available for 48 hours after it was first offered :o *GC16, Im Swindon* ;)

got my first job offer :D

The chairman of Milton Keynes Dons has made you a job offer to take control of the club. The Milton Keynes Dons Chairman has stated around £1.3M will be available for you to spend. If you accept this job offer then you will leave Swindon Town immediately. This job offer will only be available for 48 hours after it was first offered :o *GC16' date=' Im Swindon* ;)[/quote']

thats hard to turn down its an astronomically exellent offer.:D

So... I have an awesome Zaragoza team that I got promoted from Division 2 to the top division in a WC. I have 19 90 or higher rated players. 11 turns into my first season in division 1 I am second' date=' 3 points behind the leaders.

This morning I have a job offer from Bolton (!) who are 16th in Division 2 with no 90 rated players. I think a little refining is required![/quote']

good point.

In February i put this to SM under "managers being offered...", I listed things to combat this scenario. This is what i suggested:

YOU SELECT A TEAM AS NORMAL

1) big clubs would get job offers from similar big clubs in better position - say you are 15th, you get offered similar club in say...3rd place.

2) Diehard fans who only wanted Chelsea, for example. They could be offered another Chelsea in a better position. same as point 1 above.

3) minnows would be offered a bigger club in good position.

any thoughts ?

Its a great idea but I'm just wondering if there is a flaw in this. I just got offered a job with a team much worse than my own, which I naturally turned down. They only had 18 players. However, they do have a striker who would make my bench and get games in cups and if I have injuries or suspensions. Had they had more than 18 players I may have held onto the job offer until the last minute then turned it down. With them being unmanaged for 48 hours, the chairman might then let players go and with me knowing this, I can then put in a bid for the striker. I have the advantage of knowing exactly when the club became managerless and when the 48 hours of "chairman protection" is up. Hmmmmmmm. I don't like the chairman protection rule but can see its purpose in keeping unmanaged teams in the best shape for someone else to take them over. But it looks like this might be a flaw encompassing both new rules.

Its a great idea but I'm just wondering if there is a flaw in this. I just got offered a job with a team much worse than my own' date=' which I naturally turned down. They only had 18 players. However, they do have a striker who would make my bench and get games in cups and if I have injuries or suspensions. Had they had more than 18 players I may have held onto the job offer until the last minute then turned it down. With them being unmanaged for 48 hours, the chairman might then let players go and with me knowing this, I can then put in a bid for the striker. I have the advantage of knowing exactly when the club became managerless and when the 48 hours of "chairman protection" is up. Hmmmmmmm. I don't like the chairman protection rule but can see its purpose in keeping unmanaged teams in the best shape for someone else to take them over. But it looks like this might be a flaw encompassing both new rules.[/quote']

yes, this IS a flaw cos you are offered a worse club.

my previous post lists ways to avoid this type of situation

(scroll down to post 35 to view)

Yes' date=' I read your previous post - I only wish you'd read mines before you commented because your comment had nothing to do with what I pointed out.[/quote']

i did read your post, my answer was aimed at your first sentence , i quote, " I just got offered a job with a team much worse than my own,".

Well I suppose it is a slight flaw to get offered a worse club - but I can hardly see how they can write programming to evaluate whether the club is better or worse. The fact that you are being offered another job at all proves you are being successful managing your current team, and if you don't like the one being offered you just reject it. Its hardly a major talking point unless you can't tell the difference between accept and reject.

No offence but I would say the flaw I have pointed out is more valid. Hanging onto a job offer for 47+ hours knowing the club you've been offered has a player you can bid for, with the chairmans protection almost up. That IS an unfair advantage.

Having thought about it a bit more it was probably a mistake to make the chairmans protection, and the job offers, both last 48 hours. Perhaps the job offer could last 48 hours but the chairmans protection increased to 72 hours. This would stop someone with a devious mind, like myself, hanging onto a job offer till the last minute.

Just thinking' date=' does this mean an end to team swapping?

Because say i quit a Barcelona in a GC instead of it going to the 'New Clubs' page, where the person i was team swapping with could collect the Barcelona. It would be looked after by SM for 48 hours and therefore the person would not be able to collect the team there supposed to be getting. So surely this means we need a swap tool now.[/quote']

i guess there is more than just one reason why this feature/rule is make :)

The chairman of Middlesbrough has made you a job offer to take control of the club. The Middlesbrough Chairman has stated around £13.3M will be available for you to spend. If you accept this job offer then you will leave Preston North End immediately. This job offer will only be available for 48 hours after it was first offered.

The chairman of Middlesbrough has made you a job offer to take control of the club. The Middlesbrough Chairman has stated around £13.3M will be available for you to spend. If you accept this job offer then you will leave Preston North End immediately. This job offer will only be available for 48 hours after it was first offered.

Well this Middlesbrough is probably better than my Preston, and they have £6m more than me, but Ive had this club for three seasons, and got them promoted and got them to ninth in a competitive Div 1.

PNE Average: 86

M'boro Average: 87 (but older)

And four.

Someone help me with this one.

Div 3 Chelsea

Adebayor

Alex

Hleb

Kallstrom

Mexes

Owen