Job Offers

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Job Offers

Did anything ever come of this ?

Just a thought' date=' but I also would like to see a manager rewarded for turning down an offer to manage a better club. The reward could come in terms of :

[indent']

(1)
Additional £ injected into the team. This could take place either immediately after the offer is rejected OR at the beginning of the new season

(2)
Higher Player morale across the board

(3)
or Both #1 & #2

[/indent]

this idea is gold.

Guest King Kolo

When i saw you take the job offer i had a galce at the Bayern team.. :eek: How can you do that! So many good players.

Had a few strange Offers myself ... Offered Real Madrid when i was Inter Milan' date=' i rejected. Surely a smaller club deserves that kind of offer, like a high flying Dijon manager as an example[/quote']

I should become a Negotiater Lol.

Lol I didn't buy them players I think it was Munt or someone that did and then I got a job offer from my Sao Paulo which were like 9th.. :eek:

Guest jamster111

Is there any plans for sm to introduce a new database on one of the new servers where managers and coaches from the real world are integrated into the game and you can hire assistants etc when you move clubs for a nominal fee (compensations etc)

Or do I have the wrong thread here... :/

It is one of the advantages FM holds over SM is that it has a large database of coaches etc

I arent saying scouts at this moment as it would make the game too easy and take away the aspect of actual football knowledge from the game

Is there any plans for sm to introduce a new database on one of the new servers where managers and coaches from the real world are integrated into the game and you can hire assistants etc when you move clubs for a nominal fee (compensations etc)

Or do I have the wrong thread here... :/

It is one of the advantages FM holds over SM is that it has a large database of coaches etc

I arent saying scouts at this moment as it would make the game too easy and take away the aspect of actual football knowledge from the game

What exactly do you want these coaches and asst managers to do? There is no coaching system as players abilities are only effected by real world events, not setup specific management decisions, therefore any sort of back room staff would have limited use.

• 4 weeks later...

I think SM Could give a few tweaks to the jobs offer system, which at the moment is not used to its best advantage. The following changes will i think improve the game for the better and make the "Job Offer" system a lot more realistic.

1) When a club loses its manager i think that the job should at first be offered to any manager in that set up by way of them applying for it. The chairman would then pick the best manager for the job. Thus placing managers with a club that they wish to manage and cut out jobs being offered to managers who dont want to move clubs. This offer should be open for say 48 hours.

2) If there are no applications for the post the job can then be opened up for new managers to join the set up.

3) No players can be transfered from that club until a new manager is installed or at least a month after the loss of the old one. This would help to stop the club being stripped of its best players which i hope would in turn make the club more inviting to new managers.

I think SM Could give a few tweaks to the jobs offer system' date=' which at the moment is not used to its best advantage. The following changes will i think improve the game for the better and make the "Job Offer" system a lot more realistic.

1) When a club loses its manager i think that the job should at first be offered to any manager in that set up by way of them applying for it. The chairman would then pick the best manager for the job. Thus placing managers with a club that they wish to manage and cut out jobs being offered to managers who dont want to move clubs. This offer should be open for say 48 hours.

2) If there are no applications for the post the job can then be opened up for new managers to join the set up.

3) No players can be transfered from that club until a new manager is installed or at least a month after the loss of the old one. This would help to stop the club being stripped of its best players which i hope would in turn make the club more inviting to new managers.[/color']

I like the idea of the manager(s) applying for the position. But I don't think it should be based on anything other than your success/acheivments in the actual game world though rather than your overall SM manager points. It wouldn't be fair to the newer managers, just because you've been playing something longer doesn't mean your better ;)

Think transfers being locked for a full month may be a bit on the long side, maybe increase to 14 days.

I also wish that if you report someone for cheating and they lose their job then the person reporting should be first choice on that job.

I've just reported an Arsenal manager for cheating (Which was blatently obvious.) and would appreciate the job offer of a good team.

I've only got Reading, Cardiff and Millwall as my teams and never get offered the top jobs. The worst thing is that they leave quite often :D

So my time will come :P

I also wish that if you report someone for cheating and they lose their job then the person reporting should be first choice on that job.

I've just reported an Arsenal manager for cheating (Which was blatently obvious.) and would appreciate the job offer of a good team.

I've only got Reading' date=' Cardiff and Millwall as my teams and never get offered the top jobs. The worst thing is that they leave quite often :D

So my time will come :P[/quote']

Whilst this seems a good idea in principle; a "reward" for outing a cheat if you like; it would actually cause more problems than it would solve.

The reason for this is that jealous Managers who want a bigger team may put accusations to SM of cheating without any foundation or evidence. A similar thing happens with the report button now for illegal transfer deals. A Manager sees a deal that he is jealous of, and hence reports it as an illegal transfer, when more often than not the deal is legit.

If this system was bought in then SM would get inundated with "cheat" accusations, possibly to the point where they would no longer be able to investigate each case effectively, and so real cheats could slip through the net.

Still think it would be a good idea to be able to turn off job offers in the setups you want to.

I wouldn't leave my Exeter in gc10 for anyone' date=' so when you get some random German division 2 side with 18 players and no cash making a job offer every week it does get annoying. :o[/quote']

I just want to turn off international job offers.

Whilst this seems a good idea in principle; a "reward" for outing a cheat if you like; it would actually cause more problems than it would solve.

The reason for this is that jealous Managers who want a bigger team may put accusations to SM of cheating without any foundation or evidence. A similar thing happens with the report button now for illegal transfer deals. A Manager sees a deal that he is jealous of' date=' and hence reports it as an illegal transfer, when more often than not the deal is legit.

If this system was bought in then SM would get inundated with "cheat" accusations, possibly to the point where they would no longer be able to investigate each case effectively, and so real cheats could slip through the net.[/quote']

Thats a good point mate which I already observed as their are plus and minuses to anything. I still believe however that if your the one helping eliminate the cheat from the setup then it should be your choice whether you want the job or not. I can fully understand your point, but it seems fair to have that option, Instead of the job been given to someone else.

Thats a good point mate which I already observed as their are plus and minuses to anything. I still believe however that if your the one helping eliminate the cheat from the setup then it should be your choice whether you want the job or not. I can fully understand your point' date=' but it seems fair to have that option, Instead of the job been given to someone else.[/quote']

You should be pointing out cheats for the good of SM and its managers, not for personal gain :eek:

I like the idea of the manager(s) applying for the position. But I don't think it should be based on anything other than your success/acheivments in the actual game world though rather than your overall SM manager points. It wouldn't be fair to the newer managers' date=' just because you've been playing something longer doesn't mean your better ;)

Think transfers being locked for a full month may be a bit on the long side, maybe increase to 14 days.[/quote']

yes i agree the manager with the best success and acheiments gets the job. i hope it would lead to an increase in some of the lesser teams be taken on, managers knowing that success at one club can lead to getting a chance to move up the leauges to manage a bigger club. As for the month long transfer bans on un-managed clubs, lets compromise and say 3 weeks.lol

yes i agree the manager with the best success and acheiments gets the job. i hope it would lead to an increase in some of the lesser teams be taken on' date=' managers knowing that success at one club can lead to getting a chance to move up the leauges to manage a bigger club. As for the month long transfer bans on un-managed clubs, lets compromise and say 3 weeks.lol[/color']

ye totally agree with this whole concept and everything said in this post! i also feel it will encourage managers to stay at their clubs as they can get a bigger club by staying!

• 3 weeks later...

yes i agree the manager with the best success and acheiments gets the job. i hope it would lead to an increase in some of the lesser teams be taken on' date=' managers knowing that success at one club can lead to getting a chance to move up the leauges to manage a bigger club. As for the month long transfer bans on un-managed clubs, lets compromise and say 3 weeks.lol[/color']

Yep I agree with that, even thou I get loads of job offers 95% are always for clubs worse than the ones I'm currently managing lol

Yep I agree with that' date=' even thou I get loads of job offers 95% are always for clubs worse than the ones I'm currently managing lol[/quote']

Yeah, that's a huge problem for me too. I take up smaller sides with the hope that a bigger side willr ecognize my achievements anf accomplishments yet a lower league side or a team of the same standard offer me a job. Why would I therefore leave my club, a team who I signed good youth prospects, and move to a worse club?

I think SM should implement a feature where a team can only offer you a job if THEIR starting XI is better than your current squad's starting XI. This way, a better team is more likely guaranteed right...?

Or if people LIKE challenges then SM can implement buttons...

IE - Tick if you wish to receive job offers from any club / Tick if You Wish To Receive Job Offers From Clubs That Are Better Than Yours...

After my experience with job offers, I hardly look to go for a small club or any club in that matter...:(

• 2 weeks later...

I've had this idea re job offers.

Once a team goes unmanaged, before offering the job, there is a 2 day (maybe shorter/longer) gap where you can "apply" for the job, and then that way all the managers who are interested can apply. Then SM can choose the best manager from those who applied.

I've had this idea re job offers.

Once a team goes unmanaged' date=' before offering the job, there is a 2 day (maybe shorter/longer) gap where you can "apply" for the job, and then that way all the managers who are interested can apply. Then SM can choose the best manager from those who applied.[/quote']

would best manager be one with highest rep or points or what ?

if it was based on rep would be kind of unfair as all the older SM players get the teams ahead of managers who may actually be better managers :)

but nice idea though

• 3 weeks later...

would best manager be one with highest rep or points or what ?

if it was based on rep would be kind of unfair as all the older SM players get the teams ahead of managers who may actually be better managers :)

but nice idea though

I think it should go to the guy applicant with the most points in the game world.

• 4 months later...