Emmanuel Mayuka

30_07077006_11086_sq_medium.jpg

Name: Emmanuel Mayuka

DOB: 21.11.1990

Height: 161cm

Position: Forward

Weight: 62 kg

Nationallity: Zambia

Emmanuel Mayuka was born in 1990 in Kabwe. Mayuka was part of the fantastic class of 2007 under-20.

Mayuka was the youngest player at the U-20 World youth cup and the only school boy in the team. Despite not scoring at the championship many soccer pundits and fans acknowledged his contribution to the best under-20 squad Zambia’s has ever produced.

Due to his impressive performances during the World Youth Cup a host of European clubs were after his signature and he attended trials at Germany Bundesliga side Hertha Berlin and English premier league Reading fc but things could not materialize.

The long awaited international debut finally came in the traditional COSAFA Castle cup. Its a cup tournament which almost the current chipolopolo boys made their debut. Mayuka scored the second goal as the copper bullets thrashed Mozambique 3-0.

Mayuka has so far bagged in an incredible 15 goals in his debut season. The teenage sensation scored a hatrick in BP top Eight final against Nakambala Leopards and won a man of the match.

Mayuka was the youngest player at the Ghana 2008 African Cup of nations and he made his AFCON debut against Sudan.

Mayuka has made 2 appearances for Zambia in their last two World Cup qualifiers.

Lusaka Times:

The Young Player of the Year award went to Zambia junior international and Kabwe Warriors striker Emmanuel Mayuka who has had an outstanding year with both his club and the Under-20 national team.

Currently NOT on the DB.

• 1 month later...

Re: Emmanuel Mayuka

NOTE: I don't think he has officially signed for Sporting.

I found this info from Wikipedia, which of course you know are not always 100% accurate.

Emmanual Mayuka (born November 21, 1990 in Kabwe) is a Zambian football striker who currently plays for Sporting CP.He Started his football career playing for his hometown club Kabwe Warriors.

However I found this and apparently FC Porto are favorites to sign him.

In July Kabwe Warriors rejected a 1 year loan deal from Porto for the Zambian International!

ZAMBIA national soccer team and Kabwe Warriors striker Emmanuel Mayuka is next week set to sign a long-term deal with Portuguese Superliga side FC Porto.

Mayuka is expected to leave for Portugal next week to put pen to paper to a long-term contract with Porto.

Kabwe Warriors coach Mohamed Fathy, who confirmed the development, said the club was waiting for Mayuka's contract to be signed before he leaves.

"We are waiting for someone to come with the contract. Someone is coming to negotiate about his contract," Fathy said.

This is the second Portuguese side Mayuka has been linked with barely two months after attending trials at another Superliga side Sporting Lisbon.

But Warriors secretary Hayden Dingwall could not be reached by press time.

Mayuka is a key member of Herve Renard's team and has scored three international goals this year for the senior national team.

With 90 % of the move done, Emmanuel Mayuka is on the verge of signing for Portuguese giants FC Porto. The 17 year old whiz kid spoke to Portuguese based website,www.futebolartte.blogspot.com in a telephone interview yesterday about the potential of teaming up with one of Portugal and Porto stars, Ricardo Quaresma and his delight about the possibility playing Champions League football.

And Don't Count Tel-Aviv out.

ZAMBIA national soccer team and Kabwe Warriors striker Emmanuel Mayuka has been invited to attend trials with Israeli side Maccabi Tel-Aviv.

And Maccabi Tel-Aviv has joined the chase for Chipolopolo Boys striker Emmanuel Mayuka’s signature.

Sorry for an inconvenience. :o

for me isn't the same thing. i was searching sincemy post and i found a sentence from the Porto's president where a journalist asked about him. ''of course all the players are waiting a call of FCPorto, we are one of the biggest clubs in Europe and in World and any player wished to play here. Most one the names that are in the media are completely false and you and some players are using the good name of FCPorto to appear and gain your life''

Emmanuel Mayuka

Mayuka has so far bagged in an incredible 15 goals in his debut season. The teenage sensation scored a hatrick in BP top Eight final against Nakambala Leopards and won a man of the match.

Mayuka was the youngest player at the Ghana 2008 African Cup of nations and he made his AFCON debut against Sudan.

Mayuka has made 2 appearances for Zambia in their last two World Cup qualifiers.

Currently NOT on the DB.

This is the stuff that interests me. :)

Looks a great find, hope you all get buying, could be the next Eto'o if he plays his cards right.

• 3 months later...
Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Added to the database today. According to SM he plays for Maccabi Tel Aviv, so hopefully that will clear up confusion.

He's a 75. Do you still recommend buying him, Michael ?

Hi guys,

This is my first post to the forum but what I can say is that living in Reading and being close to some contacts here, this fella probably isn't going to make it past being a squad player anywhere he go's.

Reading have some of the best scouts around and especially with some of their African players although they know when to get rid of a dud.

If he didnt get through then I would doubt him to be strong enough or have the right touch to hurt any defences.

That said, I have never seen him play and am only throwing this out there as a debate point as oppose to a slant on the work you have done.

• 4 months later...

Any update on this guy after his rise of 3? Has he been playing more for Zambia?

He didn't figure in their last game, a very creditable 1-1 draw in Egypt.

Still very early days for Emanuel, next season at Tel Aviv will be interesting. And you need to take into account that scoring goals in the Zambian league really doesn't mean that much. Only a very few of the decent Zambian players play in Zambia and those are at Zesco. Most are in South Africa with a few in Europe.