Sign in to follow this  
Burrow27

English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Barnsley 2-1 Swindon

A late winner by el ham to get crucil win. A good win as barnsley is still pushing for a playoff spot. Only 2pts away from the 6th placed team

Goals: el hamdaoui 2

Starplayers:

El hamdaoui 8 thomert 8

Petkovic moves to Swansea

16402_1213202922.jpg

Swansea City have signed Aussie keeper Michael Petkovic for a fee of 2.1mil and back-up keeper Dario KRESIC. Petkovic is expected to become the first choice keeper.

He previously played for Turkish side Sivasspor, where he joined an elite group of keepers when he scored a goal from his own half.

Lost 4-2 and Skjelbred transfer fell through. Im telling you' date=' I havent won a game since Jagielka and Crouch got injured.

But.......JOVETIC HAS REACHED 20 GOALS!!!! :D[/quote']

try bid pure cash for him.... and congrats on Jovetic- is he the top scorer out of all four of the divisions?

try bid pure cash for him.... and congrats on Jovetic- is he the top scorer out of all four of the divisions?

Im not prepared to bid full cash for him, I dont need him enough to warrant paying such a fee. And Jovetic is top scorer in all the leagues. 2nd is Watford's Mamadou Niang in Division 3.

i drew 1-1 which is better than a loss. looks like im gonna miss relegation

I thought you prolonged my Soton's misery with a goalless draw instead?;)

Cant believe it, Enke was immense in your goal, 9 SoTs compared to your 2.

Preston declare interest in Insua

Preston manager James Burrow has said that he is a keen admirer of Leicester City full-back Emiliano Insua and would like to see the Argentine play in the white kit of Preston.

The club were linked with him during the sale of Luka Modric, but a deal never happened. Preston defender and ex-Liverpool full-back Fabio Aurelio was at the same club as Insua for 3 years, and would like to see his ex-team-mate join him at Preston.

Preston declare interest in Insua

Preston manager James Burrow has said that he is a keen admirer of Leicester City full-back Emiliano Insua and would like to see the Argentine play in the white kit of Preston.

The club were linked with him during the sale of Luka Modric' date=' but a deal never happened. Preston defender and ex-Liverpool full-back Fabio Aurelio was at the same club as Insua for 3 years, and would like to see his ex-team-mate join him at Preston.[/font']

Liverpool also after young Argentine

In light of James Burrows comments about him hoping to capture Insua, it has emerged that Tom Field, new Liverpool boss has also been keeping an eye on the young Argentine and has now made an offer for the Left Back to bring him back to Liverpool.

Preston strengthen with Spanish acquisition

Preston have completed the emergency loan signing of Spain international Juanito from Liverpool. The 32 year old defender joins as Preston have hit a bad run of form, thanks partly to the injury to defensive rock Phil Jagielka. Juanito is expected to make his debut against Charlton on Sunday, when Assistant Manager Rory Kennedy will be taking charge of the team, as James Burrow is on holiday.

56_1193528103.gif

Notts Move Top!!

Yesterday Notts County tool on Wycombe Wanderers in what was a good mach for new manager Roy Keane after his sudden deparcher from Grimsby the game stasrtid well and on the 11th min Cuauhtémoc BLANCO put notts 1-0 up then on the 17th min he scored again to make it 2-0 but on the 21st min Eljero ELIA puled Wycombe back in reaching distence making it 2-1 to notts but on the 60th min Sergio BALLESTEROS put notts back 2 goals ahead making it 3-1 and then strate off the kick off on the 61st min Seydou DOUMBIA scored a skreamer to make it 4-1 to Notts County this is what the manager had to say "Wow what a start to my long carrear here I have started with a bang on the first day I have moved my team to the top of div 4 but with Shorpe United runing the league with such good form I feel thay are now the bigest thret to crew and my team if we slip up to much thay will run riyert over us but my bigges mach is not agains Crew on the 11th it is agains my former team Grimsby on the 22nd and on the 29th it could be the bigges game of my carear when my boys take on the leagues in form team Shorpe United but I promice I will bring a bang to that mach."

PVEC106-1.png?t=1247139129

Port Vale Overcome Too Confident Queens Park Rangers.

63_1191570962.gif

Port Vale Give Griffin Something To Cheer About For First Game In Charge.

63_1191570962.gif91_front_small.gif10_front_small.gif64_1245405992.jpg

Port Vale 2 - 0 Queens Park Rangers

Venue: Vale Park

Capacity: 22,356

Attendance: 14,344

Referee: Kevin Blom flags_of_Netherlands.gif

54% - Possesion - 46%

26 - Total Shots - 21

9 - Shots On Target - 7

4 - Corners - 4

1 - Yellow Cards - 1

0 - Red Cards - 0

roberto_carlos.jpg

New Port Vale Captain Roberto Carlos Scores In First Game Under Griffin.

Port Vale start the era under Griffin with a sensational win over Dai Winston's Queens Park Rangers. Dai's such an experienced manager, and to start off my career with Port Vale with a victory over him, is such an honour, said Griffin after the game.

Port Vale started strongly, going 1-0 up within the first half hour, from a wonder strike from Roberto Carlos after he had just been picked club captain, from 27 yards out, you can't ask for anything better than that from a player that age! Queens Park Rangers then picked up the tempo and were unfortunate not to get a goal back.

As the teams come out for the second half, QPR kind of sat back thinking they would easily come out winners, but the complete opposite happend and Port Vale took complete advantage by extending there 1 goal lead to 2 as Marco Di Vaio runs through the empty defence and slots home from 12 yards. Surely this games done and dusted, QPR should be dissapointed with there performance as they were too confident and got caught out.

With that win, Port Vale go up to 17th and move further and further away from the relegation zone, sitting only 10 points behind the play-offs, and with the performance the lads put in for the first game, the fans should start to believe that Port Vale could be in with a promotion shout. 8 games left, and this is football, anything happens in football.

Liverpool make bid for Sagna

Thursday, 9 July 2009

Division1 club Liverpool have made an official bid for Charlton right-back Bacary Sagna for an undisclosed fee believed to be around £20million. Reports said the deal could see Liverpool veteran right-back Steve Finnan moving to The Valley. The offer could tempt Charlton to sell one of their top earners but they have yet to make any comment.

PVEC106-1.png

English Championship 106 - Division 3.

Port Vale Plea For Central Midfielder On Loan.

Thursday Noon, 9th July 2009.

Reports coming out of Vale Park are that Port Vale manager Dan Griffin has begged all clubs if they could offer him a 86+ rated Central Midfielder on loan for the rest of the season and then if he plays well, work out an agreement to sign him on a full contract.

The message has been emailed to all managers in the setup and hope there is a reply within the next 52 hours. Also, all players are for sale

but part exchange only.

Liverpool make bid for Sagna

Thursday' date=' 9 July 2009[/b']

Division1 club Liverpool have made an official bid for Charlton right-back Bacary Sagna for an undisclosed fee believed to be around £20million. Reports said the deal could see Liverpool veteran right-back Steve Finnan moving to The Valley. The offer could tempt Charlton to sell one of their top earners but they have yet to make any comment.

Liverpool Announce Sagna Deadline!

Liverpool Manager declared that he was to set a deadline of 9:00 AM 10th July 2009 for the Charlton boss to decide over the offer made for Sagna.

This comes after Dean, Charlton Manager declared what was involved in the paperwork of the transfer to a paper.

Liverpool Manager declared that he was to set a deadline of 9:00 AM 10th July 2009 for the Charlton boss to decide over the offer made for Sagna.

This comes after Dean' date=' Charlton Manager declared what was involved in the paperwork of the transfer to a paper.[/quote']

I didn't reveal the fee, some newspaper reports did that! :rolleyes::P

"Im Staying"

Joan-Capdevila.jpeg

Capdevila has just told us that he doesnt want to join liverpool. After many bids trying to get him to leave Sunderland, Capdevila has announced he wishes to stay.

"I want to stay at Sunderland. I feel i need to stay here till the end of the season. I owe it to Aaron to stay and help avoid relegation". - Capdevila

"I can confirm we have had bids but the fact of the matter is that Capdevila doesnt want to leave. As our captin he wants to stay. But he has shown some desire to leave. I will not get in his way as he is a great person. He told me that we should talk at the end of the season to decide whether to stay or not" - Aaron Dhandli

Liverpool Announce New Signing!

kyle_280x420_16214a.jpg

This afternoon, Tom Field announced that he had signed his second player for the Reds. The name was Kyle Naughton, a 20 year old Full Back who is believed to have a bright future in front of him.

Kyle NAUGHTON was being watched by several clubs but Tom Field jumped in with a offer before othrs had a chance and grabbed the Wonderkid for 6 million.

Tom Field on Kyle: "He is a talented player who will boost our youth team and provide aquadent support for the first team... He is not only appear as a sub but in seasons to come will be first choice."

Tom Field on Capdevilla: " I would love to have him at my team and will try and lure him to Anfield for all Liverpool fans to enjoy"

Liverpool are thought to rate Capdevilla highly and are still looking to lure him to the club even though the Sunder and manager doenst want to sell.

breaking-news.jpg

HOLT TURNS DOWN BID FOR HIS RUSSIAN STARLET

7233.jpg

Crystal Palace have today confirmed that they have turned down a multi-million pound bid for Evgeni Makeev. The bid of around £3.6m was made by the club not yet named yesterday, but Holt has turned down the bid due to the fact that Palace are financially secure but admits that a higher bid may be too hard to refuse. Holt told the BBC that Palace are very much a selling club and he has never denied it, his players are always up for sale, but only at the right price. Makeev is highly rated at Crystal Palace and is rated around £5m by Paul Holt, so if this club wants him really bad then atleast now they know what figure they have to start at.

This comes after Dean' date=' Charlton Manager declared what was involved in the paperwork of the transfer to a paper.[/quote']

I wouldn't accept anything less than £26m for Sagna :D:D:D