Sign in to follow this  
Burrow27

English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

I wouldnt. that is too much for Sagna.

To give him 20 mill and a replacement is good for him.

You would say its a good deal, your the one thats trying to sign him:D. Personally i think hes worth more and i wouldn't sell to the end of the season until he knows what league he is going to play in lol

Guest drseanfitz

Bordon joins the Crewe

Brazilian defender Marcelo Bordon today joined Crewe on loan, in an attempt to shore up their defence in time for their promotion run in.

The move came about following an initial, cheeky attempt by Crewe manager Sean Fitzpatrick to sign Kalou on loan.

It is thought that Crewe are still hoping to sign a 89+ forward on loan, and are willing to sacrifice Zuculini or Izmailov, both currently on loan at the club, in order to free up a loan slot.

marcelobordon0802570.jpg

Bordon will be bringing his long, flowing hair to Gresty Road

41_1243862356.jpgmillwall.gif

Division 2

Leicester City 0 - Millwall 0

Millwalls push for the big stage,stalled again last night in a scoreless draw against against bottom club Leicester city at the Walkers stadium. Following last weekends disastrous defeat to Stoke, Leicester fought like cornered Foxes, and this evening have every right to feel aggrieved that didn't end the game as victors. In a cagey first half, neither side gained the upper hand, with perhaps Millwalls veteran keeper Fayrd Mondragon the busy of the two stoppers, in-particular making a crucial save from Siem De Jong after19 minutes. With the second period a much more open affair the Lions came close to opening the scoring just 3 minutes after the restart, when a fine effort from Ahumda smashed against the home sides crossbar. With the second half degenerating into a stalemate, the Foxes almost stole the points in the last 3 minutes when the Lions dithering centerbacks somehow conjured up loosing the ball to an unmarked Diniyar Bilyaletdinov, who then went on to inexplicably place it past the post, with Mondragon frozen to the spot. In an increasingly tight title race, failure for the South Londoners means they drop down to 5th spot, replaced by near neighbours Charlton and they now find themselves separated from 7th placed Plymouth by just one point. The point also does little to ease Leicesters relegation woes, who still have a monumental gap of 13 points between themselves and 17th placed Sheffield Wednesday. Next up for the Lions is a massive visit from 8th placed Derby County in a match, which after last nights meeting has perhaps turned into a must win game for both teams.

106_front_small.gif82_1194253895.gif1_front_small.gif

Transfer News

Walsall Hoping to Land Albin EKDAL

Division 4 side Walsall is hoping to land Current Swansea City's Young Gun.Albin EKDAL.The division 4 side has expressed that they are willing to bid for him and Had already send a Bid to their Club.If The Club Manager wishes to have a P/e deal.Walsall are okay with that,But The amount of cash the highest that the club can pay and hopes Swansea is hoping to sell to them.In other News,Walsall is said to have Brought in FC Inter Turku Nigerian Midfielder Kennedy NWANGANGA after the Press spott the Young player having a Medical.

Albin%20Ekdal.jpg

Walsall is hoping to land the Former Juventus Midfield Mastro.

Match Preview

Division 2

150px-Middlesbrough_crest.png v west-brom-badge.jpg

Middlesbrough go into tommorows vital league game against West Brom on the back of two poor league games with a defeat to Bradford and only a draw against Reading likewise West Brom have suffered two straight defeats going down 4-0 to Man City and losing 1-0 to Charlton which has seen their lead at the top of Division 2 erode and they are currently level on points with Man City

Middlesbrough have already beaten West Brom this season with a 5-0 defeat of the league leaders a couple of month ago

Middlesbrough have a confidence boost with left back Manuel Pasqual recovering from injury he is however unlikely to be risked in tommorows game with LB duty falling to Luis Kasmirski Filipe there is a recall for Paolo Maldin both Anton Ferdinand and Giandomenico Mesto have both been dropped after the recent Challenge Cup match with Marko Basa and Michal Zewlakow being brought into the team and Markus Rosenberg replaces Candela Alvaro Jimenez up front.

On the bench their is a recall for Andres Guardado in favour of Jóhann Berg Gudmundsson

West Brom are without the influential midfielder Pavel Nedved who is suspended for the match they are also without Joe Cole who is exspected to be out for another couple of weeks with a hernia and Marco Cassetti may need to pass a late fitness test

Nani Linked with move away from the Riverside

Luis_Nani_624110.jpg

Roumers coming from the Riverside suggest that Boro winger Luis Nani is wanting to leave the club at the end of the season Nani who joined from Millwall at the start of the season in a 3.8M p/e deal.

Nani is said to be unhappy about his first team chances in recent weeks despite starting 19 league games this season but since the halfway stage of the season he has been mainly limited to substitute appearences and has yet to make an impact at Boro with just 3 goals and 2 assists

As yet nobody at Middlesbrough has comfirmed or denied this

millwall.gif

Izod Praises Haxo

Speaking ahead of the Lions crucial home game against play-off rivals Derby County tomorrow,Millwall boss Dave Izod took time out this morning to pay tribute to Stoke City boss Chris Haxo. With the Potters enjoying a fantastic run of late which has propelled them not only to an English cup final against West Ham, but more importantly seen them climb 3 places out of the Division 2 relegation zone. A run which Izod feels is all down to the skills of Haxo:

'' I have always rated Chris as a fine manger and one of the leagues, many unsung heroes. I think by his own admission its been a disappointing season so far, but when a lot of lesser managers would have quit or reached to the cheque book to try and buy their way out of trouble, Chris has stuck to the task at hand and worked his way through it. Theres been no moaning just a solid commitment to his players and his club. And as they continue to consolidate their position in the league, Chris has a great chance of picking up some silverware as a reward.''

Stoke go in to the game tomorrow against the struggling Eagles on the back of a fine run of 6 out of 7 league wins, and with two memorable cup victories over Liverpool and Blackburn season 9 may yet be the most successful in their history.

millwall.gifV29_1199919859.gif

Division 2

Millwall V Derby County

Match 31 Preview

As the division 2 promotion pressure dial cranks up a other notch, Millwall face a vitally important game on Saturday against 8th placed Derby County at the New Den. With just 8 games left the title race remains too close to call, and with just 6 points separating 3rd and 10th place the play-off spots are far from secured. Fifth placed Millwall come to the game on the back of two impotent looking draws against Plymouth and Leicester, and after loosing fourth spot to Charlton will not be satisfied with anything less than a win. Ricardo Gardener will once more be missing for the Lions with a lingering foot injury. After looking noticeably jaded against the Foxes on Wednesday, German wideman, Ashkan Dejagh will face a late fitness check on Saturday with boss Dave Izod considering Esteban Granero as a starter on the right hand side of midfield and the suspension threatened Song back in for Salas in defence. Following the defeat to a resurgant Stoke at the weekend, notoriously bad travelers Stoke themselves find themselves just one point off 6th but with games left against City,Boro and West Brom, boss James Cooper may well consider a morale boosting victory as vital to the Rams promotion push. With just one absentee, the experienced Pablo Pinillos will no doubt continue to deputize for the injured Gomez in what is expected to be an unchanged line-up for the Rams.

Guest drseanfitz

thanks dave' date=' with the upcoming cup final I might go easy on pitiful palace.;)[/quote']

Good luck in the final, hope you do better than I did.

n10817572220_5680.jpg

HOLT HAS DE JA VU?

In a quick statement while preparing his players for tommorows relegation show down with Stoke City, Holt believes that fellow manager Dave Izod is only praising the Stoke manager because they play Palace tommorow. Holt said "Its de ja vu isn't it? this happened the last time we played Stoke, suddenly Dave praises his "friend". Its just a shame he doesn't praise his "friend" when they play other teams in the league. I suggest to Dave that if he ever gets bored of football then the world of Politics would welcome him with open arms."

106_front_small.gif82_1194253895.gif1_front_small.gif

Transfer News

Walsall gets their player

Division 4 side walsall has announced that they had sign Albin EKDAL from Swansea City and would be hoping the deal can go trough by today.The Swedish Midfielder would be joining the Struggling side as he faces competetion from Lee CATTERMOLE,Mateas DELIC,Tim DANNEBERG and Just joined Nigerian Midfielder,Kennedy NWANGANGA for a playing spott if he Passes his medical.Lee cattlemole is set to play as the starting Midfielder thus leaving the last spot with Delic,Danneberg,Nwanganga and Ekdal to fight for.

3447786819.jpg

Albin Ekdal has arrived at the Banks's Stadium for his medical.If all goes well,he would be a walsall player from tomrrow onwards.

hakafcinter20090403_1027.jpg

New signing Kennedy NWANGANGA in training with his new teamates.

Liverpool Agree Terry Deal!

John-Terry-England-Ukraine-2010-World-Cup-Qua_2096191.jpg

Late last night, it emerged that Tom Field had worked hard with Chelsea officials to agree a deal for England Captain John Terry.

John Terry will add strength to the back line of Liverpool who in recent weeks have conceded several sloppy goals including 5 against Coventry in the game which ended 5-4.

With Terry coming in to the defence, it may propel Liverpool out of the relegation zone which is unknown territory for Liverpool fans who were celebrating winning the league only 1 season ago.

It is not known what the deal is but with Tom Field, the young transfer expert, at the helm at Liverpool, fans are sure it is a good deal for the club.

Burnley snapped up by outsider- Peterborough on offer.Anyone holding it contact bfc12345 in the first instance followed by Mariner then Bourkey

:).

I think I'm right in saying that EC 106 is the only setup to have a waiting list? :D

millwall.gif

Izod Praises Haxo

Speaking ahead of the Lions crucial home game against play-off rivals Derby County tomorrow' date='Millwall boss Dave Izod took time out this morning to pay tribute to Stoke City boss Chris Haxo. With the Potters enjoying a fantastic run of late which has propelled them not only to an English cup final against West Ham, but more importantly seen them climb 3 places out of the Division 2 relegation zone. A run which Izod feels is all down to the skills of Haxo:

'' I have always rated Chris as a fine manger and one of the leagues, many unsung heroes. I think by his own admission its been a disappointing season so far, but when a lot of lesser managers would have quit or reached to the cheque book to try and buy their way out of trouble, Chris has stuck to the task at hand and worked his way through it. Theres been no moaning just a solid commitment to his players and his club. And as they continue to consolidate their position in the league, Chris has a great chance of picking up some silverware as a reward.''

Stoke go in to the game tomorrow against the struggling Eagles on the back of a fine run of 6 out of 7 league wins, and with two memorable cup victories over Liverpool and Blackburn season 9 may yet be the most successful in their history.

7_front_small.gif6_1190596348.gif12_front_small.gif

Ryan Praises Dave for Praising Chris

Today Blackpool manager Ryan Clarke praised Millwall boss Dave Izod.Ryan said the reason behind this was because he had praised Stoke manager Chris Haxo.Its a nice thing to do!I mean no-one else has done it to Chris.

7_front_small.gifBlackpool 2- 0 Peterborugh 2_front_small.gif

Blackpool manager Ryan Clarke got off to a winning start against promtion rivals Peterborugh United.Ryan was delighted with his teams performance and made it clear.Their display was clinical and it also called for Peterborugh manager Grant Smaggatosh to resign as boss of the club.

Blackpool started off like they wanted the points.A free-kick from Nicky Butt just grazing the crossbar on the 7th minute.Some build-up play down the lft found Volpi in on goal.He rounded the goalkeeper before tapping it into the empty net.The rest of the half was a struggle with both teams making it a scarppy affair.Gary Speed tested Higuaita with a 40 yard rocket but the Blackpool kepper was equal to th shot and managed to pull off a fine save to ensure that Blackpool went in at half-time ahead.

Peterborugh made a great passing move stright from the kick-off.A long pass from Gary Speed left Vela a bit behind and Dixon managed to clear.On the 79th minute a 1-2 left Nicky Butt in on goal his shot smashed the bar but he was there to collect the rebound and smash in into the top corner.

danny-harrison-blackpool-fc-fan.jpg

One happy fan!

Gomis - 'I'm Staying'

X-20071002150504296.jpgBafetimbiGomis_628706.jpg

Tranmere striker Bafetimbi Gomis has been linked with moves away from Prenton Park, with clubs such as Manchester united and Liverpool all after his signature. But it now appears Gomis is staying put, at least for now. In an interview with Tranmere T.V hes reassured fans 'I'm enjoying my time hear at tranmere, its like home. I'm 5th top scorer in the league, Ive scored 16 so far and hungry for more. The boss encouraged me and Alexandre Frei to socialize outside training and games and we know go golf, bowling and we've been on holiday with our wives. Alexandre also likes to come over mine and play fifa 09, I beat him all the time, although He'll disagree! Anyway I'm flattered with the interest from Manchester United and Liverpool but I'm Happy hear, But in football you never know so next season, who knows?

Yes' date=' it's me who managed to get Burnley. :)

Hello btw.[/quote']

there was people who wants to join and we already stated that we would try and go according to the list,so please,if the others can,please just post and wait for your turn as i feel that this is a bit unfair to those who wanted to join and for a very long time and is next in lined but was unable as someone took his spot instead.

there was people who wants to join and we already stated that we would try and go according to the list' date='so please,if the others can,please just post and wait for your turn as i feel that this is a bit unfair to those who wanted to join and for a very long time and is next in lined but was unable as someone took his spot instead.[/quote']

You snooze you lose