Sign in to follow this  
Burrow27

English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Thanks Turna (once again)

i know i sound a bit rude asking another question but . . .

how many points away from play offs ??

Did they(peterborough) win tonights games??

Its alright if i wasnt online im sure someone would of helped out. They Lost 1-0 to rochdale and the tables havent been updated so i cannot answer how far from the play offs they are

Guest drseanfitz

Notts County 1 -4 Crewe

:):):):):):):):):):)

Crewe returned to the top and are now 11 points clear of 3rd place. Shorpe and Brentford both lost.

On loan defender Bordon got opening goal for me.

Site's a bit rubbish at the moment, will do full report later/tomorrow.

ok thanks mate' date=' no more questions dont worry, ill give you some rep mate, unlucky with your loss tho :([/quote']

Oh well u win some u loose some, it happens in life.

! Congratz Darlington Manager !

I hope u get the team ( Peterborough ).

Was going to bid for Rio Mavuba but descided not to as other teams need him more.

150px-Middlesbrough_crest.png 1 v 5 west-brom-badge.jpg

Middlesbrough slaughtered by West Brom

West Brom exacted revenge on Middlesbrough for their 5-0 defeat earlier in the season by inflicting Middlesbrough's heaviest defeat since Philip Gibbon took charge at the club with a 5-1 drubbing.

Middlesbrough were in trouble from the start of the game when after just 2 minutes Klaas-Jan Huntelaar gave the visitors a 1-0 lead 4 minutes later against the run of play Igor Semshov volleyed inot the back of the net to bring Boro back into the game however they did not motivated by the goal and just 6 minutes later Alves Assis Jo put West Brom 2-1 up

The Second half started no better for Boro who looked like a sunday league team than a playoff challenging team and within 8 minuites they were 4-1 down with Alves Assis Jo completing a great hattrick

0,,12306~5713476,00.jpg

Boro players after West Brom's 4th goal

Boro did at least seem to put in some effort after those two goal with Rosenberg hitting the bar and roof of the net but 2 minutes before time Klaas-Jan Huntelaar put Boro out of their misery

Sheffield Wednesday 1 - 3 Burnley

Despite financial problems and recent management change, Burnley manage to mantain their push for promotion.

Hugo Almeida gave Sheffield the lead at half time, but Burnley had an amazing come back in the last half an hour, with Cana and substitutes Salihi and Luna securing an important away win for Burnley.

Despite financial problems and recent management change' date=' Burnley manage to mantain their push for promotion.

Hugo Almeida gave Sheffield the lead at half time, but Burnley had an amazing come back in the last half an hour, with Cana and substitutes Salihi and Luna securing an important away win for Burnley.[/quote']

I am glad to see that my prev team is keeping up the good form.

Liverpool have rosen from the relegation zone with a win of 2-0.

match report later.

Finally achieve a long-overdue victory. Thrashed Chelsea 3-0 at the St. Mary's, Martin Bravo must take all the blame after making horrendous mistakes at the backline for the visitors. Up to 12th.

Same story at Preston, went ages without a win and then when I dont do my tactics cos Im on holiday, I win. The most unlikely of scorers too, Emile Heskey double. Thanks for the Juanito loan, and also thanks for taking advantage of my summer break to snap up my transfer targets ;)

"Cocky Holt" Grabs Point at The Britannia

6.jpg

Crystal Palace tonight travelled to Stoke City and came away with a point even though Holts players vastly underperformed. Tonights game was already made a must win game for both sides as both are near the drop zone, but was made even more important to Holt after the bitter war of words made by occasional best friends Dave Izod and Chris Haxo. Haxo, the well respected Stoke manager who is known for being cool under pressure and usually quite reserved, was quoted as saying that "he would like to put this cocky holt in his place". Holt though replied with his usual banter saying "I think Chris has been hanging around with the Millwall manager for a tad too long, and did he put me in my place tonight? absolutly not, my players tonight were dreadful and a full investigation will start on Monday morning as to why certain players consistantly underperform at this club, but still Stoke were unable to break my team down, and I am more than happy with a point tonight. That means i have taken 4 easy points from Stoke this season, its just a shame that i can't play Haxo's team every week." Palace are slowly pulling away from the relegation zone, and it is rumoured that after securing Div 2 safety that a wholesale clearout will begin at Palace.

Despite financial problems and recent management change' date=' Burnley manage to mantain their push for promotion.

Hugo Almeida gave Sheffield the lead at half time, but Burnley had an amazing come back in the last half an hour, with Cana and substitutes Salihi and Luna securing an important away win for Burnley.[/quote']

Welcome to 106 mate.

West Ham warmed up for the English Shield Final with two consecutive victories over Everton and Cardiff City in the League. Sorry for not being active on the forum thread but yeah, I've been around :)

Would like to wish Chris Haxo all the best too, may the best team win :P

West Ham warmed up for the English Shield Final with two consecutive victories over Everton and Cardiff City in the League. Sorry for not being active on the forum thread but yeah' date=' I've been around :)

Would like to wish Chris Haxo all the best too, may the best team win :P[/quote']

You beat me fair and square last night. In the second half I really should have scored one but you know I didn't and you beat me, so I shouldn't complain. Good luck in the final. :)

Match report coming up.

CARDIFF 1-2 West Ham

_45685795_cardiff_new_stad_huw.jpg

Last Night a huge relegation battle began. With West Ham coming to Cardiff and grabbing all 3 points is even more worrying for the Bluebirds, they know that they are far from safe and it will probably go down to the last few games.

The game went off to a flying start when a shot from Vucinic was kicked of the line and Arnautovic should of beat the keeper a minute later. On 10 minutes Cardiff Vucinic was clean through, it looked like an obvious goal but he struck the post! A few minutes later though the game was right up the Cardiff end and Benaglio made 2 dramatic saves. Cardiff actually had a counter attack though where a shot from one of the Cardiff strikers was saved, it suddenly then bounced out at Morales who couldn't control the ball and sent his shot over. A long goal kick was taken by Palop, it fell for D'alessandro he raged into the box and blasted one home. One nil to West Ham Game on!

8D72B843-96DD-2630-0F8E0038926F60E3.jpg

D'Alessandro makes it 1-0 with a stunning goal.

Cardiff won a corner from the kick off but Palop pounced on it and made sure that he was going to keep a clean sheet. After horrific defending and to much space around On 23 Zigic shot from a tight angle and the ball was deflected into the goal, Benaglio was furious! 2-0 to West Ham!

080116-zigic.jpg

Zigic Celebrates the goal, he wants to stay in the Prem!

On 29 The referee didn't give a freekick to Cardiff, Sadly though Darren Purse swore at the ref in complaint and he was booked. On 30 minutes Galletti found himself clean through to make it 3 but Benaglio bravely dived in for the ball and stopped him from Scoring. On 44 minutes an error was made by West ham in the defence Della Rocca runs past the keeper and taps it in.

00D565CD-CE6B-ACDE-C8D16DE61FE1E87E.jpg

The Cardiff fans celebrate Della Rocca's goal.

After Half time on 53 minutes Della Rocca appeals for a penalty after apparently being pushed over by one of the West Ham defenders, but the referee is having none of it and books Della Rocca for diving.

Olof Mellberg won a cross at the edge of the area on 53, sadly it was placed over the bar. Just 1 minute later Galletti volleyed a golden opportunity over the into the stands. On 69 Ferrari should have scored, but his header went the wrong side of the post. On 73 Olof Mellberg smashes a shot but is well saved by Palop. On 80 Arnautovic found him self in the clear on the left wing but his long range shot hit the side netting. Gilberto Silva on 83 made a curling shot which seemed to be going in but somehow Palop got a touch and pushed it out for a corner. On 87 Galletti was clean through from a lovely ball by one of the West Ham wingers but sadly found himself offside. Finally On 90 the referee blew his Whistle, West Ham had beaten Cardiff by 2 goals to 1.

zigic_n01.jpg

Zigic is awarded Man of The Match and Praises the West Ham fans.