Sign in to follow this  
Burrow27

English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Division Three

11th July 2009 - Attendance - 7,318

Leyton_Orient_fc_best.gif 6 - 0 Bristol_City.jpg

Leyton Orient Scorers: R.Iberia (12), Marcelo Moreno (14, 32), J.Blaszyzkowski (39), M.Silvestre (46), F.Cavenaghi (57)

Leyton Orient created their own history as the bang SIX goals past Bristol City, to secure their biggest ever home league win. This match proved their are still in the running for automatic promotion after Carlisle & Doncaster both lost their games on the weekend, leaving Leyton Orient just 5 points behind them.

Leyton Orient go into this game with two first choice injuries and one suspension. The injuries sparked a first team call up for youngster Raul Iberia to fill in for the two injured LM's Kewell & Knezevic.

The match whistle went and Leyton Orient started the game off very well, with a shot coming off the bar within the first minute. Then in the 12th minute Raul Iberia picks up a short corner on the left and smashes into the top corner from 30 yards out! Just two minutes later Marcelo Moreno nods in the ball off the corner to put Leyton Orient 2-0 up. Then on the 32nd minute Marcelo Moreno picks the ball up on the 6 yard box and skillfully chips it passed the keeper.

swindon_v_hereford_09_2.jpg

Leyton Orient celebrate going 3-0 up.

As Leyton Orient keep pushing forward, they look as though they are going to score on every attack, then on the 39th minute J.Blaszczykowski powerfully heads the ball into the back of the net. The half-time whistle blows and Leyton Orient are leading 4-0 in this utterly one sided game and with another 45 minutes to go who knows what the score could be.

The 2nd half kicks off and Leyton Orient continue where they left off when Silvestre rises to to the corner and heads to ball onto the crossbar and into the back of the net making the score 5-0. So far in the match 4 out of the 5 goals have come from corners, proving how good Leyton Orient are at set-pieces. Then in the 57th minute to add to the massive tally Leyton Orient already have, Argentinian and the teams top scorer with 11 goals Cavenaghi picks up the ball passes a defender and places it past the keep to put Leyton Orient 6-0 up in this fine game they are having. With 30 minutes to play, Leyton Orient bring on some substituions and turn their game down a notch since they have pretty much won the game.

1465086302-soccer-coca-cola-football-league-leyton-orient-v-oldham-athletic.jpg

One of Leyton Orients many set-piece goals.

The final whistle blew and the game ended 6-0 to Leyton Orient, making it their biggest ever home league win. Man of the match was Matias Augustin Silvestre who not only scored a goal for The O's but helped keep Bristol City out the back of The O's net.

Guest drseanfitz

Quercia heading to Japan

julienquercia.jpg

Crewe today shocked their fans after announcing the had accepted a £5.8million bid for French forward Julien Quercia.

Quercia has been a huge hit at the club with 16 goals from 14 starts in all competitions, but despite these statistics he has never been able to secure a regular first team slot.

He has now jetted to Japan to discuss personal terms with Nagoya Grampus in a move that will represent a £1.9 million profit for Crewe.

With fellow forward Derlei also on the transfer list, it looks like Crewe are planning for a new look front line for what will hopefully be a division 3 campaign next season.

Liverpool add youngster to their ranks!

Oscar20Sielva.jpg

Today Liverpool agreed a price with Kalev for Spanish Wonderkid Oscar Sielva.

This is thought to be of £800,000 which is a bargain for a player with a bright future.

Liverpool faced stiff opposition from local rivals Tranmere Rovers for the capture of the Under-17 star but the opportunity to play at Anfield was thought to be a key decision in his arrival at Liverpool.

27_1231880033.jpgv millwall.gif

Crystal Palace v Millwall

Wheater maybe the weakness

With less than 24 hours until the big South London derby, in a cutting attack Millwall boss Dave Izod went on the record to publicly identify, new signing David Wheater, as a potential weakspot in the formidable Palace back line. Speaking outside the Lions Kent training ground, just hours after the 22 year old completed a surprise exchange move from Preston, Izod declared :

'' Despite the home advantage, I'm confident that he (Paul Holt) will approach the game in his usual negative fashion. He will clearly start the game with a 3-5-2 set-up and I feel he has little choice but to play young Wheater in place of the shockingly unimpressive Milan Bisevac. I think we all knew about the boys limitations at Preston last season, with lack of mobility, being his least impressive trait. I'll put Mauro Boselli up against him, whose not only quick with both feet, but is in a fine run of form.My only question is why buy him?. Clearly Mr Burrow has got the better deal here and as we saw with the Delph episode, this lopsided deal, once more calls his(Paul Holt) judgment into question. I think the game tomorrow will be a tight run thing, and watching them stumble past a poor looking Leeds last night, convinced me further, that despite a squad packed with talent he( Paul Holt) is either tactically inept or perhaps lacks the stomach required to instruct his team how to impose themselves on the opposition.''

27_1231880033.jpgv millwall.gif

Crystal Palace v Millwall

Wheater maybe the weakness

With less than 24 hours until the big South London derby' date=' in a cutting attack Millwall boss Dave Izod went on the record to publicly identify, new signing David Wheater, as a potential weakspot in the formidable Palace back line. Speaking outside the Lions Kent training ground, just hours after the 22 year old completed a surprise exchange move from Preston, Izod declared :

'' Despite the home advantage, I'm confident that he (Paul Holt) will approach the game in his usual negative fashion. He will clearly start the game with a 3-5-2 set-up and I feel he has little choice but to play young Wheater in place of the shockingly unimpressive Milan Bisevac. I think we all knew about the boys limitations at Preston last season, with lack of mobility, being his least impressive trait. I'll put Mauro Boselli up against him, whose not only quick with both feet, but is in a fine run of form.My only question is why buy him?. Clearly Mr Burrow has got the better deal here and as we saw with the Delph episode, this lopsided deal, once more calls his(Paul Holt) judgment into question. I think the game tomorrow will be a tight run thing, and watching them stumble past a poor looking Leeds last night, convinced me further, that despite a squad packed with talent he( Paul Holt) is either tactically inept or perhaps lacks the stomach required to instruct his team how to impose themselves on the opposition.''

And This Is Why You Have Got To Love EC 106, The Banter Is Amazing It Would Have SAF Quaking In His Boots.;)

fsc.gif

Holt defends Wheater purchase

19.Crystal-Palace-Badge.small.jpg

After coming under attack by "The Usual Suspect" (Dave Izod), Crystal Palace manager has defended his purchase of future England defender David Wheater. Wheater, who signed from AZ this morning with Marek Suchy going in the opposite direction, is considered a huge prospect by many managers including the International manager and has been on Holts radar for some time. Holt told Fox Soccer Channel "Wheater is a strong, tall, passionate defender, who never backs out of any challenge, and scores many goals from set plays. He can play in the middle and as a rightback, and he has great leadership qualities. I know for a fact that i will never see him on the front page of the local papers coming out of a nightclub, as the only past time he enjoys is playing Bingo with his other half. He's an extremely loyal individual and i know he will be a smashing lad to work with. As to claims that he is not very mobile, then i would have to disagree with that statement. I first watched David play while at loan at Darlington many years ago, and even at his young age he seemed to own the defence with his sheer presence. David did say that he had hoped his beloved Boro would try and sign him, but since they never came in for him, he was more than happy to sign for me, as I know the area where he was born extremely well, having been born not 15 miles from Redcar(Wheaters birthplace)."

As to claims from Izod that Holt may play a defensive 3-5-2 formation, Paul declared "I have no idea where he got this idea from. I havent played in a defensive way in the last 10 games, and i have mostly played 4-5-1 or 4-4-2. I have tried playing 3-5-2 in the last few games but it has clearly not worked. Although i could never question Izods tatical ability, when it comes to understanding raw talent, then Izod needs to have a good look at himself. Wheater and Delph, who were both at Preston under well respected manager James Burrows, have hugh potential, and the fact the Dave has agreed with the selling of these players shows that has no clue at all. Wheater will one day play for England, that im absolutly sure about, and if he then wanted a transfer to a bigger club like Boro, then i know i would make a huge profit on him. And to why Mr Burrows decided to sell Delph at this crucial stage of his development beats me. The kid has probably more potential than Wheater, and I can guarentee that Sean Fitzpatrick will be laughing all the way to the bank when the big clubs come calling, and thats if Sean wants to sell!. So Dave, if you want to sell me Adam Johnson or Loic Ramy then please, fax me the details. Well do you not think they deserve to play under a manager who believes in their potential? I mean, look what happened to Michael Mancienne. One day Dave will regret that sale, as too will Sean and James."

On the team front, Holt will have to do without his top goalscorer, Montenegran midfielder Simon Vukcevic and French starlet Andre-Pierre Gignac, but other than those two, Holt has a full squad to chose from, and rumours in South London persist that Holt will give a first start to the ex-Preston striker Stefan Nijland. Holt did wish Millwall, and Dave Izod good luck for tommorow nights encounter, "and may the best Man win" said Holt.

And This Is Why You Have Got To Love EC 106' date=' The Banter Is Amazing It Would Have SAF Quaking In His Boots.;)[/quote']

lol Dave would show Wenger, Benitez and Mourinho a thing or too for sure. Dave Izod is simply the king of mind games, argh! and all because i opened my big mouth :rolleyes:

lol Dave would show Wenger' date=' Benitez and Mourinho a thing or too for sure. Dave Izod is simply the king of mind games too, argh! and all because i opened my big mouth :rolleyes:[/quote']

Now I Know Who To Avoid.;):P

Guest drseanfitz

fsc.gif

Holt defends Wheater purchase

19.Crystal-Palace-Badge.small.jpg

As to claims from Izod that Holt may play a defensive 3-5-2 formation' date=' Paul declared "I have no idea where he got this idea from. I havent played in a defensive way in the last 10 games, and i have mostly played 4-5-1 or 4-4-2. I have tried playing 3-5-2 in the last few games but it has clearly not worked. Although i could never question Izods tatical ability, when it comes to understanding raw talent, then Izod needs to have a good look at himself. Wheater and Delph, who were both at Preston under well respected manager James Burrows, have hugh potential, and the fact the Dave has agreed with the selling of these players shows that has no clue at all. Wheater will one day play for England, that im absolutly sure about, and if he then wanted a transfer to a bigger club like Boro, then i know i would make a huge profit on him. And to why Mr Burrows decided to sell Delph at this crucial stage of his development beats me. The kid has probably more potential than Wheater, and I can guarentee that Sean Fitzpatrick will be laughing all the way to the bank when the big clubs come calling, and thats if Sean wants to sell!. So Dave, if you want to sell me Adam Johnson or Loic Ramy then please, fax me the details. Well do you not think they deserve to play under a manager who believes in their potential? I mean, look what happened to Michael Mancienne. One day Dave will regret that sale, as too will Sean and James."[/b']

Cheers for the mentions, but I don't regret selling Mancienne for 1 minute. The cash I got from selling him enabled me to buy 3 defenders who all went up in rating, played some key games for me and have moved on in deals for Andrew Driver, Milan Badelj and one other unnamed player who i am hoping will join the club in time for Saturdays game.

With regards to Delph I've managed to bring the club round to a point where I don't need to sell everyone after their ratings go up(Feghouli was probably my last forced sale), and I'm hoping that Delph, Mollo, Elia, Mariga, Driver, Badelj and Battaglia can be my midfield for seasons to come, so that just leaves me needing defenders, strikers and a GK:)

It's weird, thinking about tonights games I find myself more interested in how Palce Vs Milwall is gona go than my own team, suppose it shows what a great job Paul and Dave are doing on the forum/newspaper

***JUST NOTICED THE "RELEGATION BOUND PALACE TAG", IS THAT YOUR DOING DAVE?

I know for a fact that i will never see him on the front page of the local papers coming out of a nightclub' date=' as the only past time he enjoys is playing Bingo with his other half. [/quote']

Lmao, my mate recently went on Holiday to Ibiza & on the day he was leaving Weater was outside the hotel, drunk and in just shorts with 2 women and wasnt allowed in the hotel :L they got pictures of it, and they sent them to one of the papers recently, so thats quite funny :D

Btw thnx for the rep comment Holt ;)

Cheers for the mentions' date=' but I don't regret selling Mancienne for 1 minute. The cash I got from selling him enabled me to buy 3 defenders who all went up in rating, played some key games for me and have moved on in deals for Andrew Driver, Milan Badelj and one other unnamed player who i am hoping will join the club in time for Saturdays game.

With regards to Delph I've managed to bring the club round to a point where I don't need to sell everyone after their ratings go up(Feghouli was probably my last forced sale), and I'm hoping that Delph, Mollo, Elia, Mariga, Driver, Badelj and Battaglia can be my midfield for seasons to come, so that just leaves me needing defenders, strikers and a GK:)

It's weird, thinking about tonights games I find myself more interested in how Palce Vs Milwall is gona go than my own team, suppose it shows what a great job Paul and Dave are doing on the forum/newspaper

***JUST NOTICED THE "RELEGATION BOUND PALACE TAG", IS THAT YOUR DOING DAVE?

I wouldn't even worry about selling Mancienne Sean. Im sure you guys had your reasons :). I had to make a story from something lol. For the price you got Delph, it will prove to an absolutle steal, im just gutted you stole him from me while i was outside enjoying a beer :P. Adam Johnson is somebody i also rate extremely high, and Dave has him :confused:, but just incase he doesn't realise how good this chap could be, then he can sell him to me :D.

loskysportnews.gif

PALACE AGREE FEE WITH UN-NAMED CLUB FOR TORRES

t064dh01.jpg

Reports coming out of Selhurst Park are saying that Crystal Palace have agreed a fee with an un-named club for their Argentine midfielder Manuel Torres. Torres, who was bought by Holt last season for £9m has not been able to force his way into Holts first team due to some poor performances, and was told he could leave after Palace's game with Stoke. Holt has told Skysports news that the bid has come from a good team who has a well respected manager and he is more than happy to do business with them. Holt, who is still looking for a good British defensive midfielder, has thanked Torres for his contribution to the team and wished him well for the future. It is rumoured that Holt is keeping an eye on both Joey Barton and Lee Cattermole but thats as far as things have gone at the moment sources claim.

millwall.gif

Millwall Team news

With the hours ticking away to the eagerly awaited Palace v Millwall South London derby, Lions boss took the unprecedented step this morning, in issuing the Millwall team sheet ahead of the game. Its the first time this season Izod has officially released a starting 11 before in advance of a fixture, and is seen as a huge sign of his confidence for the match ahead.

1. Fayrd Mondragon

2 Luigi Salas 3.Rigobert Song 4 Brede Hangeland 5.Ricardo Gardener

6.Askan Dejagh 7.Oscar Ahumda 8.Fabien Lemoine9.Stewart Downing

10. Mwaruwari Benjani 11. Mauro Boselli

Subs

Esteban Granero-Loic Remy-Adam Johnson-Jose Maria Callejon-Kevin Foley

Palace team to face Millwall

crystalpalacefc.jpg

In a response to Dave Izods early release of his team sheet, Holt has also decided to release his team for tonights big derby game. Holt, who believes a win would exclude them from the relegation dogfight, is confident that his team can atleast force a draw against high flying Millwall.

1.Coupet

2 Aguirre 3.Wheater 4.Caneira (cpt) 5.Leo 6.Rojas

7. Karadeniz 8.Topuz 9.Moutinho 10.Di Maria

11.Senturk

Subs 12.Assman 13. Bisevec 14. Diego Souza 15. Jankovic 16. Julio Baptista

Subject to change*