Sign in to follow this  
Burrow27

English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Its only just started Dark:(

Thats a clever sig btw

n10817572220_5680.jpg

Its is understood that Crystal Palace manager Paul Holt' date=' is still unavailable to comment regarding Millwalls loss in the South London derby. Early reports coming out of Selhurst Park lead us to believe that all Players and Staff have been given the day off, as Holt recovers from a hangover.

[i']more to follow.......[/i]

Guest drseanfitz

Crewe complete triple swoop

TAKAYUKI MORIMOTO

森本 貴幸

takayukimorimoto.jpg

21 year old Japanese forward Takayuki Morimoto has joined for a fee of £2.4mil and defender Victor Bernardez.

Morimoto made his Serie A debut in January 2007, scoring 5 minutes after coming onto the pitch. The 5ft 11 forward is now hoping to make a similar start to his Crewe career when he makes his debut at Rochdale on Saturday.

The move comes as a bit of a shock, considering the player was linked to teams like Man utd, Man City and Everton a few months back by Sky Sports.com.

In Italy Takayuki is nicknamed "The Japanese Ronaldo", with Brazilian Alexandre Pato recently telling Corriere Dello Sport that he believes Morimoto is the best young player in Serie A and has compared him to Brazilian legend Ronaldo.

Chris Pontius

chrispontius3.jpg

22 year old American Chris Pontius joins from DC United for £475k. The move is seen as gamble by Crewe manager Sean Fitzpatrick, with many considering the fee considerably large for a player who only made his professional debut three and a half months ago against David Beckham's LA Galaxy.

Iketchi ANYA

ikechianyanorthampton19.jpg

21 year old Scottish winger Iketchi Anya signed on as a free agent.

After impressing at the Glenn Hoddle Acadamy, Spanish giants Sevilla expressed an interest in him, and offered a contract, however a last minute offer from Crewe must have offered him something different because he turned his back on the Spanish sun to sign a 3 year contract in wet Crewe.

TAKAYUKI MORIMOTO?

Well done Sean, i was having a look at this boy but was not prepared to splash the cash. I must say that there has been alot of young players that i have checked out lately that you have bought! On that note..are you ready to sell kadlec yet???? :P:p:p

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Oxford Utd 2-2 Walsall

Oxford Utd's push for promotion stumbled again today with yet another draw at the Kassam Stadium.

In a fairly even match watched by just under 9,000 fans, Oxford Utd once again couldn't find a way to take all three points in this dour affair, the fifth time in a row they have drawn which has put a dent on their promotion hopes.

Coach David Belkevitz said after the match,

"We have only lost once in the last twelve matches and this is our eighth match without defeat but when you are pushing for promotion, this just isn't good enough. With Blackpool losing, that has put us into fifth position in the league but there are a lot of teams just waiting to pounce on a play off slot. We need to learn how to win matches again and not just settle for the draw all the time, with just a squad of 23 players to work with, it can be difficult motivating players by using the rotation strategy, so complacency seems to have set in, but all I can do is keep hammering home the need to win matches and not just settle for a draw.

We have six matches left to play and there are some hard games in there but if you want success, you have to be the best and I'm hoping to take maximum points from our remaining home games and at least four points from our away matches to have any chance of being in the play offs."

Guest drseanfitz

TAKAYUKI MORIMOTO?

Well done Sean' date=' i was having a look at this boy but was not prepared to splash the cash. I must say that there has been alot of young players that i have checked out lately that you have bought! On that note..are you ready to sell kadlec yet???? :P:p:p[/quote']

You really don't give up on Kadlec do you!

Fortunately for me they valued Bernardez at nearly double what my chairman did, so I was able to effectively get him cheaper. I've know got 3 of my front men sorted for next season now with 森本 貴幸, Eljero Elia and Mario Mandzukic. Just waiting for my 4th option to come off transfer ban so I can try and buy him.

Marko Basa joins Hull City on loan

94780markobasa2.jpg

Middlesbrough's Montenegran center back Marko Basa has joined Hull City on loan for the remainder of the season Basa who joined Boro this season in a Part Exchange deal that saw Torsten Frings move in the opposite direction to Le Mans UC 72 however Basa so far has failed to impress in his 14 games only averaging 5.72

You really don't give up on Kadlec do you!

Ill take that as a no - for now ;)

however Basa so far has failed to impress in his 14 games only averaging 5.72

Hey, thats good for a Palace defender!

Dean rules out trio sale

Thursday, 16 July 2009

javierpastore.jpgmichelbastos.jpgradamelfalcao.jpg

From left: Pastore, Bastos and Falcao: In demand

Charlton Athletic Dean Bryant is prepared to fight to keep the wanted trio at The Valley. Javier Pastore, Michel Bastos and Radamel Falcao have been reported linked with several clubs. British media reports said Manchester United, Southampton, Liverpool are among the clubs that are tracking the situation for one of these players. But Dean insists he has no intention to sell his price assests to other clubs and would not consider any offer until the end of the season.

"There are numerous clubs that are interested in these three players, Pastore, Michel Bastos and Falcao." Dean told The SM Paper. "I have already said there will be no players sold at Charlton until the end of the season and I don't feel to say any more. The board have never sold a player from me, it will only be at my discretion."

millwall.gif

Izod blasts Kick and rush Palace.

Following last nights disastrous thrashing at the hands of Crystal Palace, Millwall boss Dave Izod faced the cameras this afternoon to come out fighting and deliver a frank assessment of the result. In the white hot atmosphere of Selhurst park, play-off chasing Millwall looked more like frightened kittens tied up in black bag and dumped in a river than Lions. Over the course of the 90 minutes, Izods men failed to get going or match their ruthless South London cousins for either finishing or desire. Despite taking the lead from an Oscar Ahumda opener, Millwall proved to be powerless to stop the irresistible Palace fightback superbly Marshalled by man of the match, midfield general Joao Mouthino. Speaking from Millwalls Bermondsey Headquarters today, a defiant Izod had this to say:

'' First up I wish to make it clear that the blame for last nights defeat lies squarely with myself. I fully understand the fans bitter disappointment and can only assure them, the pain of defeat is as acutely felt both by myself and the team as it is undoubtedly is felt by them. That said, what happened at Selhurst park last night is not unusual in football, the history of the game is littered with examples of better teams being beaten by their weaker rivals, the players like myself are only human, and like everybody else we at times fail. Last night was not a victory caused by a better Palace team, but more a defeat caused by ourselves. In footballing terms we faced a well drilled kick an rush outfit,whose sole means of attack was to overload the middle of the park with 5 men and send barrage after barrage of passes through the center, inevitably when faced with such a physical onslaught you sometimes concede goals and lose games. I was a bit disappointed we could not pass our way out of trouble, but to be honest the playing surface at Selhurst leaves an awful lot to be desired and is really only fit for high octane stuff and by no means suited to an accurate passing game. Accordingly my opinion of Paul Holt remains the same, I would be extremely concerned if I was a Palace fan knowing that despite the millions of pounds worth of investment this season, my team is limited to such one dimensional football. I think last night was a damning indictment of Mr Holts limitations as a professional football manager. No doubt he will soon be singing to the papers of a great victory, but let me just point one thing out here, the success of a season is not measured by one result. We were quoted at 100-1 for promotion this season and sit in the top 6 with a great chance of both reaching the play-offs and even winning them. We have achieved this with in effect a division 3 squad, and barely 15 million pounds worth of investment. Palace on the other hand were amongst the favorites for the title, have spent a fortune of their creepy looking chairmans money and after spending two thirds of the campaign skulking around the foot of the table, may if they are very, very lucky snatch a middle of the table finish. Success? You tell me, i for one would love to know Mr Holts definition of failure.''

Frei On His Way Out?

frei.jpg

Sky sports news sources claim the Tranmere striker is on his way out after the gaffer accepted a bid of £8.7 million from Italian side Geona. According to the Italian media Frei is having his medical and is agreeing personal terms.

IF YOU WANT FREI YOU MUST BID TODAY (maybe tomorrow, i don't know when it will go through!)

Alexandre Frei's Tranmere record (This season)

Appearances 30

Goals 16

Assists 16

MOM 6

YC 2

RC 0

AvP 6.97

HOLT THANKS IZOD FOR KEEPING PALACE IN DIVISION 2

article-0-030F2434000005DC-681_468x283.jpg

After a night which saw a Crystal Palace side destroy Millwall reminiscent to taking lambs to the slaughter, comes the morning after, and fans of both sides in South London seem to be questioning their managers tactical abilities. Millwall, managed by the usually intelligent Dave Izod, seemed to take it for granted that his side would wipe the floor of his neighbours, and failed to both motivate and guide his players on yesterdays special night. Palace in contrast, having spent alot of money, yet having such a poor season, have their fans wondering if they could have done so much better in this "transition" season. But both sets of fans should go away from this game and be happy that both teams are heading in the right direction. Millwall, under the guidence of Izod, have so far punched above their weight, but even if a top club came in for Dave, they can be assured that Mr Izod would not even contemplate leaving. Holt on the other hand has now had 2 difficult seasons, but Palace are a strong young team with a fantastic set of youngsters ready to come through, and everybody at Selhurst Park believes that next season will see the rise of The Eagles. Alot of people may not think that the South London derby is of no significance, but thats not what Holt thinks;

"I am thrilled that we won last nights encounter with our bitter rivals" exclaimed Holt. "I have to admit, for the first 20 minutes i was rather worried, Millwall were in total control and could have been up by 3 with only 20 minutes gone. But after Diego Souza scored possibly the goal of the season, Palace were in total control. My players passed sublimly, and made Millwall work if they wanted the ball, and they had nothing to offer in midfield, due to the fact that i pushed 5 quality midfielders into the middle. I believe Mr Izod simply ran out of ideas. During the half time teamtalk, I told my players to keep hold of the ball, and at every opportunity feed it into the middle, and it worked a treat. People believe that we dont play some good football here at Palace, but if they had seen them play this season then they would have found that they were wrong. Fact is, we have probably been playing too much football in the wrong areas, but after tonights game, I have realised how to correct this. I have always said that this season would be a season of transition, promotion would have come too soon, but with the players I will bring in for next season, im sure that we can force ourselves into the top 6. I would like to thank both the chairman and the fans of this fine club, the best in South London infact, for giving me the opportunity to work here, and I can promise them of many more fine moments in football, just like the one we had last night. I just ask them to be patient for just 2 to 3 months more so I can finally turn out a team worthy of wearing the Crystal Palace shirt. Can I also wish Boro manager Phil Gibbon all the best in their fight for promotion. Boro are a big club with fantastic local supporters and I firmly believe that it should be in the top division of English football. And to those who dont think Crystal Palace v Millwall is an important match, then I kindly ask you to speak to the fans of either club, especially mine, who dressed the usually predominantly blue Elephant and Castle, in red and blue. Or you could ask a certain Manager who recently lost one, speaking of which, can I just thank him for being so tactically inept in last nights derby, as he almost certainly guarenteed Palaces place in next seasons Division 2"

Guest King Kolo

Wewt Cmon you Eagles Lol.

I want to join the league again (wish I had my Cardiff :( ) but everyone's full.

Can someone PM me if they get a job offer?

Wewt Cmon you Eagles Lol.

I want to join the league again (wish I had my Cardiff :( ) but everyone's full.

Can someone PM me if they get a job offer?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course Liam' date=' despite you being a Palace Fan,you would always be welcomed back [quitter Joke :D],but as the set-up has become rather popular of late, we are trying to implement a so-called waiting list..The term it self is somewhat misleading there is no formal waiting list to join the set-up, anyone can join at anytime if there is a vaccancy.In an attempt to keep the set-up full, what does exist is an arrangement between the set-ups active Forummers, that if offered a job at a vacent club [which they plan to turn down], they inturn hold open the post until someone, who has expressed an interest via the forum can take it.This is the only list and it only works if a post is in the hands of a forumer, as the set-up contains about 40 active forumers there is a 50% chance that a free spot will be offered to them.If it is not then it can not be held open. As it stands this Waiting list reads

bcfc12345

Bourkey

King Kolo

Have to say that is a fine post Holty-well done mate

Thanx dave, although my writing is not as creative as yours, but it has been a fun 5-6 days :P

Just incase you forgot Dave, Crystal Palace beat Millwall 3-1 last night :D:D

Sorry Dave ;)

Guest King Kolo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course Liam' date=' despite you being a Palace Fan,you would always be welcomed back [quitter Joke :D],but as the set-up has become rather popular of late, we are trying to implement a so-called waiting list..The term it self is somewhat misleading there is no formal waiting list to join the set-up, anyone can join at anytime if there is a vaccancy.In an attempt to keep the set-up full, what does exist is an arrangement between the set-ups active Forummers, that if offered a job at a vacent club [which they plan to turn down], they inturn hold open the post until someone, who has expressed an interest via the forum can take it.This is the only list and it only works if a post is in the hands of a forumer, as the set-up contains about 40 active forumers there is a 50% chance that a free spot will be offered to them.If it is not then it can not be held open. As it stands this Waiting list reads

bcfc12345

Bourkey

King Kolo

Ok Thanks.

Paul i hadn't forgot mate, and i don't intend to until next season and ( unless i get promotion and of course you don't get relegated) i can get my revenge with a home and away double over your Jokers.Us Millwall people have got notoriously long memories my friend, you will be well served to remember that mate. And don't worry i'm watching you very closely.

B)

Yeh Dave? Im kinda hoping that you get promoted so that there is no opportunity for you to beat me next season, and then the season after that you get relegated and I get promoted. I have it all worked out!! :o

This is because i know for a fact that if you were to beat me, i would never EVER hear the last of it, and whatever i say, you can do 10 times worse!!!. So do me a favour, and get promoted Dave ;)

Division Three

15th July 2009 - Attendance - 7,509

gillingham.jpg 2 - 2 Leyton_Orient_fc_best.gif

Leyton Orient fail to beat a weak Gillingham FC, as they only come away with one point. The draw pushed The O's down to 5th just 4 points outside the play offs and 7 points away from the automatic promotion spot. But its not as bad as it is for Gillingham who now lie in the bottom spot.

The whistle blew and Gillingham took control of the game straight away, with 3 great chances within the first 5 minutes, only for Leyton Orient to score off a corner with Bruno Soriano who is looking very strong tonight. Then just one minute later Gillingham equalise with a trademark strike from Kevin Schindler, despite the score being 1-1 Gillingham are running the show, with all the chances in this first half.

18ceo7.jpg

Leyton Orient celebrate Bruno Soriano's header.

The second half kicks off and Leyton Orient must have had some team talk from manager Zak Cluer as they look deadly on the attack, then in the 70th minute Gillingham break through Leyton Orients defence for the first time this half and capitalise with a goal from the Centre back, playing in central midfield? Oh well hes scored a great goal. Then the changes come and Zak Cluer brings on super sub Marcelo Moreno, who immediatley makes an impact in leading Leyton Orients attack as Cavenaghi seems to have been asleep all game.

Then in the 87th minute Marcelo Moreno picks up the ball 40 yards from goal, skillfully takes it to the edge of the 18 yard box and bangs one into the bottom corner to salvage a point for promotion hopfulls Leyton Orient.

Man of the match went to Bruno Soriano for his commanding display all over the pitch, and his great goal.

Crystal Palace Chairman is an idiot

Reports coming out of Middlesbrough suggest that the transfer of Anton Ferdinand to Crystal Palace and Milan Bisevac coming in the opposite direction has fallen through thanks to Palace's interfering chairman or is this a sign that the Crystal Palace chairman and the Palace board are finally fed up with manager Paul Holt's never ending desire to buy players which has seen him rack up just over £50m this season with very little to show for it