Sign in to follow this  
Burrow27

English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Manchester City Sign three players:

LELL, Christian

PAVLYUCHENKO, Roman

BARRIENTOS, Pablo

I am looking to reduce my overall squad age as it is quite old, so I have put some golden oldies up for P/E.

Does anybody know why Lell's match fitness is 25% when he hasn't played a game since season 7?

LELL' date=' Christian

PAVLYUCHENKO, Roman

BARRIENTOS, Pablo

I am looking to reduce my overall squad age as it is quite old, so I have put some golden oldies up for P/E.

Does anybody know why Lell's match fitness is 25% when he hasn't played a game since season 7?[/quote']

He must have been injured when he was sold.

Im gonna experiment with the arrows for the next match against Leeds.

When I have won big, the other team was going overboard with the arrows. Forwards running to the side, CM's running back diagonally and the like. I don't really like it, other than pushing up 2 wide midfielders.

When I have won big' date=' the other team was going overboard with the arrows. Forwards running to the side, CM's running back diagonally and the like. I don't really like it, other than pushing up 2 wide midfielders.[/quote']

I used arrows on the very first night they were unveiled, but got trashed, so didnt use them. Now that Ive got nothing really to play for, I may as well experiment. Ive made the wingers push up, and then if losing, change to 4-2-4 and push the full-backs up.

LELL' date=' Christian

PAVLYUCHENKO, Roman

BARRIENTOS, Pablo

Does anybody know why Lell's match fitness is 25% when he hasn't played a game since season 7?[/quote']

Nice signings Bailg:)

LELL' date=' Christian

PAVLYUCHENKO, Roman

BARRIENTOS, Pablo

Im interested in Marchena and possibly Elano, but I dont think I have players Id be willing to part-exchange. If you had said about Marchena before I bought Juanito, you would have had a deal :(

Im interested in Marchena and possibly Elano' date=' but I dont think I have players Id be willing to part-exchange. If you had said about Marchena before I bought Juanito, you would have had a deal :([/quote']

Oh, sorry I am only looking for part exchange with players in the same position:(

Oh' date=' sorry I am only looking for part exchange with players in the same position:([/quote']

A bit optimistic, but would you consider G. Cahill + A. Hughes + cash?

Or G. Cahill + Ivan Marcano?

Would you consider doing a part exchange including either:

JAGIELKA' date=' Phil or DAVIES, Curtis?[/quote']

No, Jagielka has missed half a season and Ive done bad for half a season, and Curtis Davies is a good back-up, despite being fourth choice. But I was planning to sell Ivan Marcano to Man Utd. You could sneak in ahead of your arch rivals.

No' date=' Jagielka has missed half a season and Ive done bad for half a season, and Curtis Davies is a good back-up, despite being fourth choice. But I was planning to sell Ivan Marcano to Man Utd. You could sneak in ahead of your arch rivals.[/quote']

This is a tough choice are you willing to propose any offers for Elano whilst I think about the deal for Marchena.

This is a tough choice are you willing to make me any offers on Elano whilst I think about the deal for Marchena.

Now that I think about it, I sold Giovinco and Modric because AMs dont work in my formations. I like him as a player, but wouldnt fit my formation. Id only buy him if he was going cheap.

Now that I think about it' date=' I sold Giovinco and Modric because AMs dont work in my formations. I like him as a player, but wouldnt fit my formation. Id only buy him if he was going cheap.[/quote']

Also, Elano's future is in limbo at Man City. Sky Sports News pointed out today that he would be in the second string, behind Ireland, Barry and De Jong.

Now that I think about it' date=' I sold Giovinco and Modric because AMs dont work in my formations. I like him as a player, but wouldnt fit my formation. Id only buy him if he was going cheap.[/quote']

I have accepted the deal, pleasure doing business with you:D

I there any chance you will part exchange Mark Noble with one of my players, I will listen to an offer of most my players.

Also' date=' Elano's future is in limbo at Man City. Sky Sports News pointed out today that he would be in the second string, behind Ireland, Barry and De Jong.[/quote']

Elano can also play at RM.

I have accepted the deal' date=' pleasure doing business with you:D

I there any chance you will part exchange Mark Noble with one of my players, I will listen to an offer of most my players.[/quote']

Im now having second thoughts, Im trading the future of Spanish football for the present in Spanish football. My dream of a youthful first team is going down the pan.

I want to hold on to Noble. He may be a sub, but he's my longest serving player, and Ireland has been mis-firing. I would never sell Ireland, but Noble is a good backup to have. I would sell Schaars.

Im now having second thoughts' date=' Im trading the future of Spanish football for the present in Spanish football. My dream of a youthful first team is going down the pan.

I want to hold on to Noble. He may be a sub, but he's my longest serving player, and Ireland has been mis-firing. I would never sell Ireland, but Noble is a good backup to have. I would sell Schaars.[/quote']

Not really interested in Schaars, sorry:(

Not really interested in Schaars' date=' sorry:([/quote']

Could I stall the bid for 24 hours? Im really doubting this sale, as if I go through with it, I'll be dropping Phil Jagielka, whos good.

71_1205587003.gif Vmillwall.gif

DIVISION 2

Sheffield Wed V Millwall

As the season draws to a close (and this particular Match reporter has run out of analogies to compare Millwalls plight with), the good ship Millwall rode another huge wave at the weekend with a sensational 3-1 win over play-off rivals Fulham. As, is to be expected in the swirling pitch and trough of the treacherous play-off seas the badly listing Lions (just 4 points from port) now find themselves steaming full on, into another enormous wall of water, a trip to relegation threatened Sheffield Wedenesday.The Lions have taken on a lot of water of late and make the journey N by NW ,without injured leading midshipmen Downing, and Gardener.With Bassong, Benjani and now top scorer Mauro Boselli firmly billeted in sick bay.Captain Izod is thought to have acted quickly in making up ship-boys Foley, Mattock and Callejon to the crew. After a bout of Scurvy, Oscar Ahumda faces a late 50 laps of the quarter deck before being given the all clear for the game.

The good ship Wednesday has been no pleasure cruse for old sea dog Sam Wainwright. Despite the scurvy-est of crews, and being Short of sail all season long Captain Wainwright looks to have sailed the Wednesday around the horn,as they have clawed their way back from Davy Jones, to 5 points above the plimsol line with just 3 games left.

McCormack targeted by Addicks to replace Pavlyuchenko

Wednesday, 29 July 2009

Charlton Athletic manager Dean Bryant has moved to fill the gap left by the sale of Roman Pavlyuchenko by making an approach to Shimizu S-Pulse about striker Ross McCormack. Dean is looking for another option in the strikeforce after purchasing Alves da Silva Eduardo from Manchester City for £7million. The Japanese side have refused to comment on the approach but are believed to be prepared to allow the 22-year-old McCormack leave for £6.7million.

Dean has already bought in Croatian striker Eduardo to The Valley to replace Pavlyuchenko. Darren Bent, meanwhile, could be on his way out at the end of the season. Bent had another unsuccessful stint in English Championship 106 with Charlton, failing to score any goal in his six appearances this season. The 25-year-old England interantional has been out of favour with manager Dean and has since dropped in the pecking order with young striker Aleksandr Kokorin in front of him.

"We have been considering of making some changes in the squad. Before the departure of Pavlyuchenko, our four senior strikers managed to get twenty goals between them, which I think is not good enough," Dean told The Sky Sports. "But I am pleased with the signing of Eduardo. I've considered him as a fox in the box who can be very dangerous when he is inside the area. Eduardo is a predator, which is something we don't presently have."

Michael Owen completes move to Deepdale

England striker Michael Owen has completed a loan move to Preston, with the option of signing him in the future. The 29 year old had fallen out of favour at Newcastle, and Magpies manager Adam Higgs has let the striker move on. The fee is undisclosed.