Sign in to follow this  
Burrow27

English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Hi 5 lol:D

well done

are you promoted now?

Yes, 2nd place is the lowest I will finish which means promotion. And I still have a shot at winning the title but WBA need to lose their last two games and I need to win them both. I don't think it will happen:o

1-1 Draw for the Norwich against Charlton, not sure about my play off chances anymore although still mathematically possible. Got Boro' next thats make or break for Norwich

B)

Crystal-Palace-Badge_small_633643413613593750.jpg 0 v 2 Middlesbrough-FC-Crest.thumbnail.png

Middlesbrough hardly troubled by Crystal Palace

Middlesbrough clawed their way back into the playoffs with an easy win against Crystal Palace the home side who were on a 6 game unbeaten run never looked like causing Boro any problems with the visitors only needing 13 minutes to break the deadlock with a rejuvenated Markus Rosenberg netting his 10th goal of the season Boro were 2-0 up just 3 minutes later when midfielder Axel Witsel's diving header beating Coupet with a two goal cushion Boro threw up the defences and were never really threatend by Palace

The win moves Boro up to 6th place in division 2 just 1pt ahead of 7th placed Leeds Utd meanwhile Crystal Palace remain in 13th place

:o:oLol, I lost 2-1

I lost, but doesnt matter, cant get promoted cant get relagated.

And i cant belive it, Victor and Markov Injured and Perticone Out for rest of season due to red card

Match Repor Next

Terrible tactical blunder by Izod costs Lions a vital point at Sheff Wed ( well done Sam;) )

-Still hanging on in 4th ;)

EDIT Well done Balig

Thanks, I hope you finish in 3rd. I have only been managing Manchester City since the start of the season but it has gone so quickly, I am so happy that I could gain promotion in my first season in charge and hope that I can put up competition for the division 1 title next season:)

Guest drseanfitz

Brentford 0-0 Crewe Alexandra

Crewe's first 0-0 draw of the season, across all competitions, including friendlys, means both teams failed to win in their last 4 games.

Joe Lewis, many peoples choice for GK of the season was in outstanding form to deny Marcelinho, Mandzukic and Izmailov.

The result moves Crewe 4 points clear of Shorpe, needing just a win, or for Shorpe to drop 3 points. Worryingly for Brentford, it means they are only 3 points clear of 7th place Wycombe.

Shorpe United 3 : 4 Notts County

scunthorpe.gif

Shorpe United lose ground on Crewe with another highscoring game with Notts County nicking the win.

Notts County took the lead in the 21st through Dacourt, before Shorpe came back to lead 2-1 with goals from Jonathan Pereira and defender Miranda. Rebrov grapped two goals before substitute Marcio Araujo leveled for SU, at 3-3 before Rebrov completed his hatrick as Notts County stole the 3 points.

Manager Jonathan Crawford said he was confident going into the match because the Notts County manager had been using the default formation which Shorpe's attacking tactics had dealt with comfortablly in the past. This combined with SU's form and new signing Cicero (88) coming into the team had maybe lead to overconfidence considering Notts County are top of the table and have a very strong lineup.

With two games remaining Crawford must hope Sean's Crewe take home a maximum of two points from these games to leave a chance of automatic promotion.

Guest drseanfitz

Shorpe United 3 : 4 Notts County

scunthorpe.gif

Shorpe United lose ground on Crewe with another highscoring game with Notts County nicking the win.

Notts County took the lead in the 21st through Dacourt' date=' before Shorpe came back to lead 2-1 with goals from Jonathan Pereira and defender Miranda. Rebrov grapped two goals before substitute Marcio Araujo leveled for SU, at 3-3 before Rebrov completed his hatrick as Notts County stole the 3 points.

Manager Jonathan Crawford said he was confident going into the match because the Notts County manager had been using the default formation which Shorpe's attacking tactics had dealt with comfortablly in the past. This combined with SU's form and new signing Cicero (88) coming into the team had maybe lead to overconfidence considering Notts County are top of the table and have a very strong lineup.

With two games remaining Crawford must hope Sean's Crewe take home a maximum of two points from these games to leave a chance of automatic promotion.[/center']

Getting close isn't it. All I can say is good luck in the play offs to whichever of us doesn't make it.

Getting close isn't it. All I can say is good luck in the play offs to whichever of us doesn't make it.

thanks,

have to say I regret not putting effort into my team early in the season, as 4 points clear with two games is likely to be just enough for you.

good luck to you as well if your in the playoffs, and for next season.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

OXFORD UTD 1-1 PETERBOROUGH UTD

Oxford Utd kept up their push for a coveted play off slot despite a scrappy performance today at Kassam Park where they were held to a 1-1 draw with play off contenders Peterborough Utd.

Richard Vanigli put the visitors ahead in the 30th minute with a well taken goal. 0-1. Oxford Utd striker Santos Weldon squandered a few chances to level the score and on loan midfielder from Millwall Nicolas Lodeiro, went inches wide with a beautiful curling shot from distance. HT 0-1.

Weldon resumed after the break to torment the Peterborough Utd defence but could find no way through the solid outfits back four. In the 54th minute Tomasz Hajto was booked for a reckless challenge and the home sides nerves were beginning to show. Peterborough Utd held fast until the 73rd minute when substitute Antonio Eder outpaced the visitors defence and smashed home the equaliser to the delight and relief of the near nine thousands fans. 1-1.

In the 84th minute, another horrific tackle from Hajto saw the referee produce a red card for a second offence and left the home side hanging on for a priceless point in their pursuit of a play off spot. FT 1-1.

Manager David Belkevitz spoke to an SM reporter after the match and said, "This was one of our worst displays since I took over but I put it down to nerves. The lads were under a lot of pressure out there not to slip up, as were Peterborough Utd, they were the better team on the day and can consider themselves unlucky not to take all three points, but full credit to my lads for hanging in there against the odds and scrapping for a draw."

This result certainly eases things for Oxford Utd although there is still some work to do, but with a strong goal difference, Wycombe Wanderers have to win both their remaining matches and hope that the teams above them falter.