Sign in to follow this  
Burrow27

English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

1-1 Against Griffins Port Vale.

Luton lost, So i go into the final day of the season knowing even if i win i could still be playing in Division 4 next Season.

I have a better goal difference, So i have an upper hand.

Although it will take alot for me to beat Hull.

:(

Doncaster 3-1 Yeovil

What can i say. Poor. Havnt got the excitment to even do a match report.

I mean, Yes, Doncaster maybe better, but i win 7-0 and then lose every ohter game!!

I Mean, How?

Good Points From Game:

Lee Carsley scores on his debut (his first day at club).

But, my team needs some serousily change for new season!

Thankyou For Reading.

Up Yeovil, Down Bristol Rovers (found out there my rival's :D)

Division 1

Manager of the season - Adam Selby (Bolton Wanderers)

Goalkeeper of the season - Manuel Neuer (Blackburn Rovers)

Defender of the season - Walter Samuel (Newcastle United)

Midfielder of the season - Andes Iniesta (Newcastle United)

Forward of the season - Souza Robinho (Newcastle United)

Youth player of the season (Players Aged 15-21 only) - Alexandre Pato(Darlington)

Team of the season - Manchester United

Division 2

Manager of the season - Dave Izod(Milwall)

Goalkeeper of the season - David James (Man City)

Defender of the season - Gabriel Milito (West Brom)

Midfielder of the season - Pavel Nedved (West Brom)

Forward of the season - Stevan Jovetic(Preston North End)

Youth player of the season (Players Aged 15-21 only) - Stevan Jovetic(Preston North End)

Team of the season - Milwall

Division 3

Manager of the season - Philippe Nguyen(Carlisle United)

Goalkeeper of the season - Alex Manninger (Carlisle United)

Defender of the season - Loukas Vyntra (Carlisle United)

Midfielder of the season - Juan Sebastien veron (Nottingham Forest)

Forward of the season - Hulk (Brighton and Hove Albion)

Youth player of the season (Players Aged 15-21 only) - Felipe Caicedo (Ipswich Town)

Team of the season - Brighton and Hove Albion

Division 4

Manager of the season - Sean Fitzpatrick(Crewe)

Goalkeeper of the season - Shay Given (Wycombe Wanderers)

Defender of the season - C├ędric Mongongu (Brentford)

Midfielder of the season - Olivier Dacourt (Notts County)

Forward of the season - Serhiy Reberov (Notts County)

Youth player of the season (Players Aged 15-21 only) - Roy Beerens(Shorpe)

Team of the season - Crewe Alexandra

Overall Manager of the year - Adam Selby (Bolton Wanderers)

Overall Player of the year - Stevan Jovetic (Preston North End)

Overall Team of the year - Blackburn Rovers

EC106 Personality of the year - Dave Izod

Fulham 2-0 Manchester City. A vital win for Fulham ends Citys title hopes. :)

Now a point could/should be enough to secure a play-off place.

Reall happy i switched from Plymouth, my goal when i took over was to make sure i didn't get dragged into a relegation battle and i've ended up 17 points away. Chuffed to bits :D

Down to 7th and effectively out of the play-offs after a 5-2 defeat at Home to a crowd who have won once in 16, and they had 2 players sent off!-This is terrible, worse than 1986 ( 150 of us wedged in the the John Evelyn Deptford high street)-worse than 1990 -( sitting in a coma in a bar/coffee house off Dam square,Amsterdam)worse than 1996 ( 150 of us wedged into the Gold Bar Carnaby street ) this is really bad, Lads I am Gutted.:(

mr to follow

Thanks mate' date=' gratz to you too. :)[/quote']

Well done MARIUS (Lucky Romulan):D:D:D:D:D

201C274B-BFA9-85ED-9B7DA764E92B8CF9.jpg1 v 124DB4CC0-0C10-BDB7-5A7F30A3579C4061.jpg

1-1 draw between playoff challengers

Middlesbrough and Norwich played out a 1-1 draw in their vital match leaving both sides in the playoff chase Middlesbrough took an early lead thanks to Luis Nani however the Boro winger only lasted another 8 minutes when given a straight red card for a kick at one of the Norwich defenders despite their extra man though Norwich failed to pull back level in the first half

The second half saw the sides back on a level playing field when Grosso recived a second yellow card as the half progressed Norwich continued to build the pressure on the Boro defence but did not look like breaking them but in the 85th minute Biava curled in a great shot from the edge of the area to salvage a point for Norwich

The draw leaves Middlesbrough in 5th place after Charlton's defeat but still just 1pt clear of Millwall in 7th Norwich stay in 9th place

Still mega tight in all divisions in some form or another

Well done- Marius in the 2cnd' date=' Callum,Gavin, Phil and Dermo in the 3rd and In the 4th Dave and John, btw Sean/ Daz what you doing lads?

:)[/color']

Thanks Mr Izod, hope you get a bit of luck:)

last time I checked, Crewe were cruising at the top of div 4!!

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

WYCOMBE WANDERERS 1-1 OXFORD UTD.

Oxford Utd all but booked their place in the play offs with another gutsy performance against play off contenders Wycombe Wanderers today at Adams Park. a crowd of just over 6500 people watched as these two teams slugged it out for a play off position. Oxford Utd went into the match knowing that a draw would all but seal a coveted play off slot and they came and controlled the match from the first whistle. They shut down the midfield and never allowed Wycombe to get a foothold in the game. As Oxford Utd foraged around the Wycombe eighteen yard line peppering the home sides goal with shots, it was inevitable that they would make the break through, and they did in the 40th minute, on loan wonder boy Nicolas Lodeiro slammed the ball into the net at the second attempt to give the visitors a well earned lead going into half time. HT 0-1.

As the second half got under way, nerves started to fray a little on both sides and referee Ceri Richards produced a yellow card twice in two minutes, one apiece for each team in an attempt to keep control of the match. Wycombe turned up the heat in the last twenty minutes of this pulsating game in an effort to level the scores and hopefully snatch a late winner to give them any hope of a play off place. A cross from the left in the 84th minute was met beautifully by Eljero Elia to equalise for Wycombe. In a desperate last five minutes, Wycombe threw everything at the Oxford Utd defence but they stood strong and Darel Russell's neat attempt from an acute angle in the last minute nearly gave Oxford Utd all three points. FT 1-1.

This result almost ensures Oxford Utd a play off place because of their superior goal difference over Wycombe Wanderers. They would have to lose an eight goal advantage over Wycombe Wanderers and although their final match is against Crewe Alexandra, who are currently lying second and need at least a point from Oxford Utd to secure their promotion. So it goes down to the last day to find out who gets what in what has been a very competitive league. Manager David Belkevitz spoke after the match today," We have had a tremendous run in and I couldn't have asked for more from the lads, losing that late goal was a blow as we would have been guaranteed a play off slot if we had held out till the end but that's the way it goes. We have had our fair share of the rub of the green and I'm just happy with our performance over the last couple of months with a great seventeen match run with only one defeat, that takes some doing with only a squad of twenty three players to work with. Our last game against Crewe will be a very tough test for the youngsters, Crewe need to take something from the match and we just need to make sure we don't get steamrollered by them. They beat us 5-1 and although I wasn't manager then, we have to be careful not to get complacent and keep our minds fixed on the job at hand."

Thanks Mr Izod' date=' hope you get a bit of luck:)

last time I checked, Crewe were cruising at the top of div 4!![/quote']

Thanks Brother-Still not over yet, but i don't fancy Stoke next week one little bit at all, even if i get a result it may not count for anything.Can't help think i have blown it, its gonna be harder next season as i'll probably get blown away in the division 2 arms race. I had it all sorted for tonight as well, got the old Ipod loaded up with the Who live at Leeds and was gonna head up stairs to give the bed a bit of a bashing with a naked air guitar session to celebrate my evenings success. I'll probably still go for it of course, but its not the same now.:(

Still mega tight in all divisions in some form or another

Well done- Marius in the 2cnd' date=' Callum,Gavin, Phil and Dermo in the 3rd and In the 4th Dave and John, btw Sean/ Daz what you doing lads?

:)[/color']

Thanks Dave ... see you in the play-offs. ;)

Thanks Brother-Still not over yet' date=' but i don't fancy Stoke next week one little bit at all, even if i get a result it may not count for anything.Can't help think i have blown it, its gonna be harder next season as i'll probably get blown away in the division 2 arms race. I had it all sorted for tonight as well, got the old Ipod loaded up with the Who live at Leeds and was gonna head up stairs to give the bed a bit of a bashing with a naked air guitar session to celebrate my evenings success. I'll probably still go for it of course, but its not the same now.:([/quote']

That's the spirit! quite the funny one ey Dave ;)

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Thanks Brother-Still not over yet' date=' but i don't fancy Stoke next week one little bit at all, even if i get a result it may not count for anything.Can't help think i have blown it, its gonna be harder next season as i'll probably get blown away in the division 2 arms race. I had it all sorted for tonight as well, got the old Ipod loaded up with the Who live at Leeds and was gonna head up stairs to give the bed a bit of a bashing with a naked air guitar session to celebrate my evenings success. I'll probably still go for it of course, but its not the same now.:([/quote']

Wife still not home Dave? Having to resort to banging the air guitar? :eek: tut tut, a man of your advancing years ought to know better :P, Go up the West End and get a blow up doll and stuff the air guitar ha ha, or at least stuff the air guitar afterwards :D

Guest King Kolo

I won 6-0:D:eek:

:D:eek::D:eek:

50848736.png

Show that turkey! :D

So That's why he wanted Watford....

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Now thats cheered me up

:):):)

What? Him winning 6-0 or the thought of going up the West End? :D

Seems too late for a Soton revival, but Southampton won 4-2 against a class Tottenham, with Amauri hitting a hat-trick, and Tasci adding a 4th, just like what he did when Adebayor scored 4 goals in that 5-1 mauling of Bolton:D Amauri now has 23 goals in 25 games, and with 15 assists, he is shoe in for the Golden Boot. Southampton have now scored 80 goals, and conceded 80 goals in a goal-filled campaign:o

Moved up to 10th, my highest position in a while.

Just saw some interesting stats, Sheff Utd mauled Darlington 8-2 away, and Sheff Utd had only 8 shots on target, with Darlington having tons more shots than United. :s

EDIT: Noticed something weird, the stats state that Mandanda has played 38 league games in goal for Soton this season, when only 37 turns have passed. How is this possible? :confused: