English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Burrow27

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

DIVISION 4 PLAY OFF FINAL

OXFORD UTD 2-1 WYCOMBE WANDERERS

Oxford Utd defied the odds and won today in an epic battle for promotion to the Third Division. They came back from a goal behind to take the coveted play off spot with a display of sheer will and determination.

Adriano took advantage of a rare mistake from Oxford Utd goalkeeper Lauro in the 20th minute and put Wycombe ahead in this pulsating final. Oxford Utd were relentless in their pursuit of an equaliser and it duly came on the stroke of half time when midfield ace Darel Russell slotted the ball home after some neat attacking play to level the scores at half time. HT 1-1

89,000 fans watched as this epic match unfolded and Oxford Utd forced the play onto Wycombe Wanderers and that man Darel Russell popped up again in the 52nd minute to beat two defenders before slamming the ball home for goal number two and victory for his side. 2-1.

A tough match with three bookings and young match winner in the semi finals Andrej Rendla being sent off in the 88th minute couldn't dampen the spirit of Oxford Utd as they ended their magnifecent run in the league with a display of power and discipline. FT 2-1

Manager David Belkevitz was ecstatic as he was hoisted above the shoulders of his warriors who have now chalked up a run of 20 games with only one defeat, a run which has ended with them playing 3rd Division football next season.

Thanks to all the guys for your kind words, its been a roller coaster ride here in EC106 and I'm loving every minute of it.

:P David.

41_1243862356.jpg

Leicester City Season 8 Overview

After only being at the club for 13 games Leicester City manager Jake A has explained season 8 of English Championship 106 has been possibly the biggest and hardest season England has ever seen in it's history. After being relegated this season Leicester City fans and players claimed that their side done very well this season considering the class & quality of this league witch shown Leicester City that they wern't quite ready to battle for Division 1 just yet.

Managers Player of the season

pante1.jpg

Leicester City's managers player of the season has been named by Jake as Serbian Marko Pantelic who has been a 1st team regular since Jake took charge at Leicester City 13 game's ago. Pantelic who has played 35 of the 38 league games played this season is said to very pleased that Jake has named him as he's favoured player this season. We managed to catch up with Jake himself on the Pantelic subject and this is what he had to say to us "Pantelic is a very good player that has already said that he is looking forward to another season with Leicester City, I amazed that Marko is staying at the club due to our very low rankings in the English football league but he understands that it is still a big challenge for him to keep his place at Leicester City and he is very happy at the club."

Fans Players of the season

burdisso.jpg

Leicester City's fans player of the season has also been named tonight and it is Italian skipper Nicolas Burdisso that has earned he's appreciation with the Leicester City fans this season as it is said by one Leicester City fan that he will always be a football legend at the club even though he is linked with a move out of the football club. We caught up with several fans that nominated Nicolas as their player of the season and this is what he had to say to Sky Sports later this hour "Nobody has ever shown their lovatly to this football club this season as much as Nicolas in my opinion, he is an amazing skipper that even I would be scared to attack against as he is like a beast at the back for us. I hope Nicolas stays at the club and I am sure we will bounce back up to Division 2 easily."

Interview with the man himself

interview.jpg

After all the players awards we managed to catch up with the Leicester City manager himself on the whole overview of season 8 and this is what he had to say to our Sky Sports News sources "In my first season in England, I am very shocked at how many great players and managers they are amongst the whole of the football league and I am looking forward to my future ahead of them. Every league is very competitive in England and this is what I love about it and Division 3 is still as tough as Division 1 in my opinion because at the end of the day we are all fighting for the league title and theyre is never no dominating teams. I hope that we can secure more loans next season as Mollo's contract with Leicester City has now ended and is heading back to Crewe Alexander who have done amazing this season and I am looking forward to playing them next season as I think they are one of the favourites to get promotion again along with us. I hope to give more updates on transfers & rumours this season as I haven't been much throughout this season."

millwall.gif

Izod blasts EC 106 Sharks

Following a weekend of media speculation surrounding the imminent transfer of Lions striker Steve Morrison, Millwall boss Dave Izod hit out at, what he described as ''the disgraceful antics'' of a nameless group of fellow managers. Speaking from his holiday retreat in the Algarve a visibly furious Izod snapped:

“ I am stunned,that with the season barely over, several managers or perhaps should I say,second hand car dealers,have openly targeted Steve in the media. Its disgraceful, the lad has just gone on holiday with the wife and kids down his sister-in laws van at Margate and on the first morning he is away, he finds himself in the middle of a shark like feeding frenzy, spread over all the back pages. Steve is a great lad,a bit stupid but with a bright future, he has worked hard and is approaching the required level needed to figure next season in our Shield and Cup squad. I can confirm that we have received three insultingly low bids for him, all of which have been turned down out of hand, and also that we are under no pressure to sell him.I will be discussing the situation with the Chairman John Berylson tomorrow, after he jets in from the States to decide next seasons transfer budget . ''

Morrison arrived at the den from non leaguers Stevenage in the middle of last season in a 10,000 pounds deal and is widely tipped to be the next big thing down South London way.

Nah' date=' you will see the budget thing implemented later if im not wrong......(From what i experience in ALL other setups)For standards, its around Monday midnight, while for customs, its around tuesday midnight.

(I might be wrong, but just saying my experiences)[/quote']

Like I have said, the new season just started a minute ago (1am GT):)

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

As Oxford Utd manager David Belkevitz came back down to earth after his sides historic win in the play off finals, he got a reality check as to how difficult it is going to be in the Third Division when he announced that with his 1.1 million prize money for winning promotion and the 2 million his chairman so graciously gave with the words, " Just avoid relegation next season Dave."

A bemused Oxford Utd manager spoke to an SM reporter after hearing the news and said, "If it wasn't for the gate money we received at today's final, we would just about have broke even for the season with all the other monies we received for our success. When I came to the club we were just under a million in the red and floundering just below the play off's, and with a squad of just 21 players, we were going nowhere fast, but I received a call from my colleague Dave Izod down at Millwall and he was good enough to loan me Junior Lauro in goal and Nicolas Lodeiro in midfield whom I have long since admired and they both played integral roles in the success of Oxford Utd this season. So it's going to be tough with no real money to bring anyone of true quality to the club, but you have to play with the hand you are dealt and we will hopefully give a good account of ourselves in Division Three next season."

Wednesday Boss Furious With Chairman

Sheffield Wednesday boss Sam Wainwright has this morning blown his top over the chairmans recent antics. In the past week, Chairman Lee Strafford has stopped the signing of Jozy Altidore twice after claiming he: "Doesn't Like Americans" and then tells Wainwright he expects Wednesday to: "Mount a serious promotion challenge." Along with that the chairman doesn't want to invest any more cash into the transfer kitty, even though the owls' squad is thin. Wainwright said: "We have 27 players this season, with 20 of those being first team regulars, but I'd like more experienced cover, and I thought I'd get that and youth with Jozy but Lee stopped it for some strange reason, I'm not happy with it, but I have to be, for the sake of the club.

3 Young Guns Join The Fight

This Week Sheffield Wednesday delved into the transfer market and signed 3 hot prospects worth in total of £3,350,000. The 3 were Independiente's 20 year old left back Nicolás Delmonte, followed quickly by FC Lviv's Central Midfielder Valeriy Fedorchuk and finally by Real Murcia's Defensive Midfielder Ángel Montoro.

Wednesday's Aldo Duscher Praised the signing of Delmonte saying: "He's a great kid, I've trained with him for Argentina and I'm sure in the coming seasons, he'll get a few games for us."

Meanwhile Delmonte told us: "I know I'm young and inexperienced and I know I won't get into the first team for a while, but I think I have a chance to come on and play a few games for us this season."

Players Of The Wednesday

Here is an in depth look at some of the players to watch for this season at Sheffield Wednesday.

4788_1220027312.jpg

Thomas Hitzlsperger

Hitzlsperger will be key this season for Wednesday, he is the teams captain and their talisman, since joining at the start of last season, Hitzlsperger has played 31 games for the Division 2 club and has been somewhat of an icon since joining from Bolton Wanderers for £30,000,000. He will this season usually play out on the left or sit in the middle of midfield.

6378_1209755861.jpg

Alberto Luis Suarez

Luis Suarez has been in great form for Sheffield in the past 3 seasons, playing 72 games and scoring 34 goals, which is just over a goal every other game, he has been one of the most played players on the team averaging 24

games a season. He will play up front this season but may be used rotationally with the other 3 strikers.

13340_1240986042.jpg

Hugo Lloris

Lloris is Wednesday's no.1 and has been sensational since arriving from Stoke City for £15,000,000 3 years ago, playing a total of 88 games. He will be key this season for Wednesday and needs to be on good form all season with Ospina breathing down his neck.

3328_1209755861.jpg

Miguel Hugo Almeida

Almeida is clinical to Wednesdays season having scored more than a goal every other game last season and assisting the same amount. Almeida is not expected to be rotated around much this season and Wednesday are hoping him to hit around 20 goals this season. Almeida has told us: "I cannot wait to kick a ball this season and cannot wait to get on the score sheet this season and want to give the fans something this season and I'd like us to get into the top 10 this season."

1110_1228386620.jpg

Gerard Pique

Pique was sublime last season and was the best defender in the squad after sensational tackles and blocks last season as well as being the player who covered most ground in the season, which a defender has not done at Wednesday in 8 years. Pique said: "I was very pleased last season and want to show what I'm capable of doing again this season." Since then, Pique has been announced as the clubs Vice-Captain.

Bellamy leaves the Riverside

Craig-Bellamy-for-Wales-2008_1864619.jpg

Craig Bellamy has ended his Middlesbrough career after less than 1 season at the club Bellamy has joined Greek side PAOK for £2.3m + Dimitris Salpigidis who passed a medical this morning.

DimitrisSalpigidis.jpg

Dimitris Salpigidis joins Middlesbrough in a part exchange deal Salpigidis who has scored 114 league goals so far in his career should provide some much needed competition for Markus Rosenberg

311qem9.jpg

Pique Interests me, Says Blackburn Boss

pique_505000.jpg

Subject of Interest

Blackburn boss Akash has admitted he is interested in Pique despite having 5 centre backs at his disposal. Pique who had an excellent season for the owls has long been a subject ti interest from Blackburn who have had bids turned down for him in the past.

We would be willing to pay big for a kid as talented as Pique. I understand Sheffield Wednesday wanting a big price for him but as long as it is realistic I would definitely be interested. It's always to good to bring in new players to freshen the squad up.

Guest 1CapWonder

Sutcliffe Announces New Look Backroom Staff

Camera's are beginning to follow Sutcliffe and his team wherever they go now and upon their arrival in sunny Spain this morning, Sutcliffe gave his first official interview of the first season, in which he revealed his new coaching staff, who stand beside him this season.

Manager - E.Sutcliffe

5021_199311255566_777415566_7374871_399102_n.jpg

Self Obsessed Ladies Man Sutcliffe Leads From The Front

Assistant Manager - Keith Hill

b0fb1386-f9b1-4a52-b3c5-97084002c9ef.jpg

Sutcliffe Says:

Keith Hill was the unsung hero behind our success last year. When asked to step in for a few crucial games he didn't look out of place, and the lads responded to him brilliantly. Obviously, having played and managed at Dale he is a hero here, and I'm lucky to have him and Flicker alongside me.

First Team Coach - Dave Flitcroft

0,,10441~5846509,00.jpg

Sutcliffe Says:

He is one of very few players to have left Rochdale for Bury. When he returned as Assistant to Keith there could have been an uproar, but the fact that he was held in such high regard with us shows what a legend he was. He is still one half of the HillCroft revolution that will work with our players on and off the pitch. Unfortunately, he won't accept that his playing days are over, and so I will give him the odd game for the reserves... maybe.

Reserve Team/First Team Coach - Gordon Armstrong

DSC00008.jpg

Sutcliffe Says:

A Sunderland legend who I met whilst playing for Dale. No doubt I will try and bring his son back to the club when he is on the database, but until then Gordon will have to do! He will take full charge of the reserves, whilst also concentrating on the first team. He's very important and he's a cracking guy who loves his football. Happy to have him here as a friend and a coach.

Head Of Youth - Geoff Thomas

0,,10323~3211174,00.jpg

Sutcliffe Says:

I've brought in my Uncle and mentor Geoff Thomas to take charge of the youth team here. He started his career at Dale, before moving to Crewe before appearing 8 times for England and captaining Palace in an FA Cup Final. I hope Geoff will be able to coach these youngsters into following his example, and making it as footballers, either here or elsewhere. He will become an integral part of the family we are building here.

Physio - Mia Hamm

Img214045065.jpg

Sutcliffe Says:

Upon meeting her on a recent trip to America, I knew I had to get her involved in some way or another. After speaking with her, it is evident that her love of the game and will to continue is massive, and so when I called her up out of the blue to offer her this job, she was more than happy to accept. My only problem is injuries. Not the lads getting them, but their willingness to return to training ahead of an extra massage from Mia!!!

Chairman - Chris Dunphy

0,,10441~3566467,00.jpg

Sutcliffe Says:

Chris is my boss, and a fantastic one at that. He has kept this club alive for a number of years, without there being any threat of financial insecurity, or anything alike. With him, the fans should be confident, and although he has not invested this time round, I am more than content with that, because we have a booming youth squad of 60, that need to be sold on within the next couple of seasons. Whatever I need, Chris gives it me and it's a delight to have him at the club.

Sutcliffe spoke in association with

Acorns

Presto beaten to Bogdan signature

Preston have lost out to Burnley in the fight for Romanian sensation Bogdan Stancu. The 22 year old striker chose the play-off winners over their North West rivals, and this left PNE boss James Burrow a tad annoyed.

"He has been attracted to that club by Division 1 football, which he wont get any because he'll be a reserve."

Preston have signed one player in this close season. Long term target Emiliano Insua has joined in part exchange for Sebastian Pocognoli.

In other transfer news, PNE striker Blaise N'Kufo has rejected a move to Swansea, instead opting for a move to Bordeaux. The veteran Swiss striker had bids accepted from both clubs, but opted for the Ligue 1 champions.

All the players with LnL next to their name are available for loan. But this season, Im going to make one small change.

I will recall all my players before a cup match or if the next match is against me. Thats after 3 cases last season of players getting cup-tied or playing against me.

Feel free to start bidding.

Guest 1CapWonder

Your chairman has decided not to invest any further cash into the club this season.

I'm Quitting :mad:

That's stupidity beyond belief... If you can't hack managing a club in this setup then don't.

I expect your just waiting for some of the members of EC106 to compliment you and "talk you out of it"

FFS :rolleyes:

That's stupidity beyond belief... If you can't hack managing a club in this setup then don't.

I expect your just waiting for some of the members of EC106 to compliment you and "talk you out of it"

FFS :rolleyes:

I've been in here longer you, ive had 2 seasons of debt at this club and not been bailed out ive only ever managed to sign 1 player and that was an 86 the fact that i have to keep selling players to get out of debt i'll be left with the minimum which pretty much wrecks my chances of going up FU

I've been in here longer you' date=' ive had 2 seasons of debt at this club and not been bailed out ive only ever managed to sign 1 player and that was an 86 the fact that i have to keep selling players to get out of debt i'll be left with the minimum which pretty much wrecks my chances of going up FU[/quote']

If my Benayoun deal falls through cos you get sacked, then woe betide you!