English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Burrow27

Guest 1CapWonder

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Middlesbrough "Not British"

british-flag.png

Once again, sitting down in his hotel room, Rochdale Manager Sutcliffe risked a 2nd backlash in 2 days for labelling Middlesbrough FC a joke, and slamming their manager for being "anti English"

Don't get me wrong I respect Phillip Gibbon. He's a good manager and a good guy, but seriously, what is he doing to Middlesbrough? He's turned a club, known for it's fantastic youth policies, and sheer amount of fantastic English players, and turning it into a breeding ground for foreigners. I look at their First Team squad and I see 2 English Players. I look at their 49 man Youth Team squad and see none!!!! What is that telling the young English players coming through?? I certainly think it is also stopping British players wanting to move there. I stumbled across this in disbelief seeing the overview section cramped up with an influx of these foreign kids. It's just interesting to see how other clubs work, and in my opinion his is the wrong way. It's not just him, but I think he is one of the worst offenders...

Vladimir Bystrov joins Shorpe for second loan spell

Vladimir-Bystrov-Russia_921800.jpg

Middlesbrough's attacking right winger Vladimir Bystrov has joined Shorpe for a second loan spell at the club Bystrov who was on loan at the club last season made 14 appearences scoring 5 goals and making 8 assists

The loan is greatly appreciated pipgip, good to see some loyalty to loan out such a high rated player to the same club again. Just to check is it ok to play him in cup/shield games?

In other Shorpe news, we have learnt that SU have been given byes in the first round of both cup and shield, which is scarcely believable for a 4th division team and is great news allowing us to concentrate early on the league. Also Santon has been made unavailable after much (obvious) interest has been repeatedly rejected. Shorpe are still looking for more 87+ loans if anyone has suggestions?

Finally, a warm welcome to king kolo!

2 OUT - 1 IN AT PALACE

3737759644-soccer-uefa-under-21-european-championship-group-b-germany-v.jpg

After revealing that there was no money from Simon Jordan to spend on new players, Palace manager has been quick to react by selling Marco Caniera to Italian side Udinese for £9.2m and Nicolas N'Koulou to Crewe Alexandra for £4.4m. Caneira was on his way out of Selhurst Park regardless, but only if a replacement was to be found, but now, with his hands tied, Holt has been forced to sell knowing that they may not be an equal or better player to replace him with. On the other hand, Cameroon International N'Koulou has been sold to Crewe after progressing through the Youth Academy. Holt said; "N'Koulou has clearly progressed, and caught the eye of Sean Fitzpatrick while on loan at 4th Division Wallsall last season. I felt that the time was right for him to move on as he is not at the level we currently require for his position, and after receiving an offer of £4.4m from Crewe, i felt that it was the best time to let him go. But knowing he was leaving i decided to refer to my scouting notes and quickly bid for Richard Stearman of Internazionale, and im pleased to announce that the young England u21 international has signed a 5 year deal, after Inter agreed to his £5m sale. Crystal Palace are still tracking new recruits, and we are currently locked in talks with several clubs regarding a striker and a defender."

Middlesbrough Boss defends his youth policy

Middlesbrough boss Philip Gibbon (sat at his desk in Middlesbrough unlike some) has defended his current youth team policy.

The reason Middlesbrough dont have a large number of youth team players from the Uk is quite simple their is a real lack of tallented youngsters that are available at a reasonable price and i refuse to pay a stupid ammount of money for them however had Elliot Sutcliffe done his homework before setting out on another one of his rants he would have realised that we do in fact have several british players joining the youth team in the next couple of days

The loan is greatly appreciated pipgip' date=' good to see some loyalty to loan out such a high rated player to the same club again. Just to check is it ok to play him in cup/shield games?

In other Shorpe news, we have learnt that SU have been given byes in the first round of both cup and shield, which is scarcely believable for a 4th division team and is great news allowing us to concentrate early on the league. Also Santon has been made unavailable after much (obvious) interest has been repeatedly rejected. Shorpe are still looking for more 87+ loans if anyone has suggestions?

Finally, a warm welcome to king kolo![/quote']

yep he is clear to play in the cup and shield

Guest 1CapWonder

Middlesbrough Boss defends his youth policy

Middlesbrough boss Philip Gibbon (sat at his desk in Middlesbrough unlike some) has defended his current youth team policy.

The reason Middlesbrough dont have a large number of youth team players from the Uk is quite simple their is a real lack of tallented youngsters that are available at a reasonable price and i refuse to pay a stupid ammount of money for them however had Elliot Sutcliffe done his homework before setting out on another one of his rants he would have realised that we do in fact have several british players joining the youth team in the next couple of days

I wait in expectance :)

yeah id love to play my old team.

Ive challenged you btw.

Thanks, it will be a pleasure to visit Anfield for the first time in 106. :)

As a side note still looking for a 89 CB/LB/CM for loan and same as SU, Burnley have been byes in the first round of the cup and the shield.

Thanks' date=' it will be a pleasure to visit Anfield for the first time in 106. :)

As a side note still looking for a 89 CB/LB/CM for loan and same as SU, Burnley have been byes in the first round of the cup and the shield.[/quote']

Although not 89 rating i will let you have Ivan OBRADOVIC on loan for the season if you can find a suitable person.

Stats:

Name: Ivan OBRADOVIC

Rating: 86

Position: LB

Fulham splash out on German superstar!

_41663402_ballack_ap.jpg

Fulham have beat a host of clubs to the signing of German midfielder Michael Ballack. The former Chelsea and Wigan player, joined Fulham from Real Zarazoga.

Fulhams manager has said Ballack is exactly the sort of player they needed to push forward their promotion hopes next season. However, Portuguese striker Liedson and Argentinian midfielder Delgado both moved to Zarazoga as part of the deal, as well as £3million.

millwall.gif

Millwall FC

Season 9 preview

With the kick off of season 9 just days away, Heres a look at the players who carry the un-fancied South Londoners aspirations for their 2nd season in Division 2. The Lions took the division by storm last season, more than holding there own in an extremely competitive division, before failing short just one result away from an amazing play-off finish.

The Manager

Dave Izod

Age- 40

Games in charge- 87

Points – 175

Average- 2.01

Club trophy history

season 8-10th div 2

season 8-div 2 team of the year

season 7-6th div 3 ( play off winner)

Individual trophy history

season 8 – season 8 div 2 manager of the year

season 8 -EC 106 personality of the year.

Izod came to the club at the start of season 7 and after a faltering promotion campaign led the Lions to promotion after successful play-off victories over Ipswich and Notts forest. Last season the Lions achieved there highest league finish since season 2. Izod's success was rewarded this week with a new 3 year deal at the helm of the Lions.

The Squad

Goalkeepers

1. Faryd Mondragon

Age-38

Appearances 280

Ave performance 7.28

Goals 1

After 9 seasons at the New Den the ever Consistent Mondragon continues to keep hold of the Gloves

and the captains armband and recently signed a one year extension to contract with the club.

2. Jr Lauro

Age 28

Appearances 2

Ave performance 6.0

Despite 2 seasons at the club Lauro continues to be held at bay by Mondragon, recently signed over to Oxford on a season long loan.

3. Cesar Dennis

Age 22

Appearances 0

Ave performance 0

Youth keeper Dennis is expected to rise in the pecking order once Mondragon finally departs for a nice grassy field somewhere in the country.

Defenders

Left back / center back

4. Brian Easton

Age 22

Appearances

Ave performance 5.90

Goals 0

5. Sebastien Bassong ( Golden Generation)

Age 23

Appearances 224

Ave performance 6.93

Goals 11

Young Frenchaman Bassong completed his 6th season at the Den last time out, and his athleticism and composure makes him an automatic starter at the left side of defence.

6. Zak Whitbread

Age 25

Appearances 28

Ave performance 5.79

goals 1

Its the American second spell at the Den and Izod will look to a major improvement in performances, before he can expect any sort of run in the team.

7. Jake Buxton

Age 24

Appearances 0

Ave performance 0

goals 0

Right back/ center back

8. Kevin Foley ( Golden Generation)

Age 24

Appearances 21

Ave performance 5.83

Goals 0

Despite proving woefully inadequate last season,great things continue to be expected from the Young Irishman.

9.Ryan Bennett

Age 19

Appearances 2

Ave performance 5.70

Goals 0

Center back

10.Brede Hangeland

Age 28

Appearances 47

Ave performance 5.97

Goals 1

Hangeland, proved to be a giant last season and looks to have committed his future to the Den after this week signing a new 5 year contract.

11. Rigobert Song

Age 33

Appearances 37

Ave performance 5.86

Goals 1

Despite advancing years, fans favorite Song struck up an immediate partnership with Hangeland last season in the center of the Lions defence.

12. Krysten Pearce

Age 19

Appearances 1

Ave performance 5.00

goals 0

Midfielders

Left

13 Ricardo Gardener

Age 30

Appearances 21

Ave performance 5.65

Goals 3

Proved to be an excellent purchase for the Lions filling in on the left of midfield or dropping back into defence.

14. Stewart Downing

Age 25

Appearances 35

Ave performance 6.43

Goals 4

Joining the Lions as a big name replacement for Luis Nani, Downing followed a successful loan spell at the New Den with another consistent season, crucially for the Lions hampered by imjury. Despite the England midfielder s assured performances, rumors linger that the 25 year olds disappointment of friend Adam Johnson leaving, for Palace has fostered a desire to move on to a higher profile club.

15. Nicolas Loderio ( Golden generation)

Age 19

Appearances 24

Ave performance 6.93

Goals 2

Another of the so-called Golden generation, the promising young Uruguayan continues his football tutelage under world famous coach Dave Belkavitz ,with another season long loan to division 3 new boys Oxford.

Right

16. Ashkan Dejagah

Age 23

Appearances 38

Ave performance 5.58

Goals 5

Ever present German wideman laid claim to the right side of midfield spot with a season of scintillating runs and telling cross's.

17. Esteban Granero

Age 22

Appearances 23

Ave performance 5.77

Goals 4

Snapped by Izod half way through a season long loan spell from Boro last season, the young Spaniard proved to be a hit with his never say die attitude and unselfish team performances.

18. Elrio Van Heerden

Age 26

Appearances 2

Ave performance 6.00

Goals 0

Central

19. Oscar Ahumda

Age 26

Appearances 45

Ave performance 6.72

Goals 11

Considered to be Izods right hand man on the pitch, Argentinean enforcer Ahumada enjoys cult status at the Den,with his blood curdling performances earning the title of club vice captain and the respect of his peers. After curbing his over zealous South American tendencies, Ahumada seems to have found a natural home in south London.

20. Fabien Lemoine

Age 22

Appearances 39

Ave performance 6.33

Goals 7

After missing most of last season with a detached nose after an horrific boating accident, suave Frenchman Lemoine proved to be an ideal midfield counterbalance to the aggressive Ahumada. Insightful with the ball and quick to act as a conduit from defence to attack, he proved vital to the Lions unsuccessful play-off drive.

21. Riberio Santos Airton ( Golden Generation)

Age 19

Appearances 23

Ave performance 5.79

Goals 1

Huge prospect for the Lions, Fans and Pundits alike feel it is a case of when not if, the tough tackling Brazilian teenager breaks into the first team.

22.Karl Moore

Age 19

Appearances 0

Ave performance 0

Goals 0

Attackers

Wing / Forward

23 Loic Remy

Age 22

Appearances 11

Ave performance 6.19

Goals 2

Another player of huge potential, the lightning quick young Frenchman is expected to be pushing hard for a starting spot alongside Boselli in the the final third of the pitch.

24. Josie Maria Callejon

Age 22

Appearances 7

Ave performance 6.20

Goals 0

25. Andy Barcham

Age 22

Appearances 0

Ave performance 0

Goals 0

26 Victor Moses (golden generation)

Age 18

Appearances 9

Ave performance 7.12

Goals 0

Gary Bowes

Age 18

Appearances 9

Ave performance 7.12

Goals 0

Forward

27 Angelo Balanta

Age 1

Appearances 9

Ave performance 7.12

Goals 0

28.Steve Morrison

Age 25

Appearances 0

Ave performance 0

Goals 0

29. Mauro Boselli

Age 24

Appearances 60

Ave performance 6.99

Goals 24

Part of the successful promotion team the young Argentinean came into his own last season forging a deadly partnership with Benjani and picking 17 goals in 34 games.

30. Mwaruwari Benjani

Age 30

Appearances 23

Ave performance 6.48

Goals 10

Zimbabwean International decided to drop down to the 2nd tier after finding himself on the margin of the Portsmouth first team, despite an injury plagued loan season at the Den still managed to net 10 goals, and his experience is widely credited for bringing the best out of young strike partner Boselli.

Bradford City have today announced that Mr Manager aka steven jake will take over as a manager

their previous manager was sacked after a terrible season in which Bradford City finished 20th with just 30 points

the chairman said " steven jake is a great manager with lots of experience

our old manager was great but he was buying too many old players now our team is to old our manager steven jake has only two objective this season the first one and the most important one is serious promotion challenge i want this team back in div 2 next season and the second one is to get rid of some of the older players and get so new young ones"

steven jake added " i am honored to have the chance to manage city they are a great club with great history and i will be playing aginst some world class managers that was the reason i came here "

the fans are excited 20000 of them were outside Valley Parade waiting for a chance to see thier new manager

I wait in expectance :)

Barnsley manager defends foreign signings

Its the professional era, its all about the money and people want instant success so u buy who ever will help your team. I think the Rochdale manager will go nuts if he seas my team

hey thanks i heard that this league is the hardest and one of the best so when i saw city avalible i jumped at the chance i hope ut is as good as everyone says it is

Yes it probably is the hardest and most competative setup in the whole of SM, last season in division 1 the last match was to decide out of 3 teams who would win the title. But every division seems to be really competative:o

Bradford City have today announced that Mr Manager aka steven jake will take over as a manager

their previous manager was sacked after a terrible season in which Bradford City finished 20th with just 30 points

the chairman said " steven jake is a great manager with lots of experience

our old manager was great but he was buying too many old players now our team is to old our manager steven jake has only two objective this season the first one and the most important one is serious promotion challenge i want this team back in div 2 next season and the second one is to get rid of some of the older players and get so new young ones"

steven jake added " i am honored to have the chance to manage city they are a great club with great history and i will be playing aginst some world class managers that was the reason i came here "

the fans are excited 20000 of them were outside Valley Parade waiting for a chance to see thier new manager

Welcome B)' date=' you did well to get in so easy there is a whole list of guys waiting,i would be interested to know how? did someone in the set-up hold Bradford for you?:confused:[/color']